Sponsored by:

Successful Nitrous on a w211 e55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Yeah no, I mean the ration of fuel to nitrous - in other words, I'll start very rich for the power level that I'm aiming for (80 overall and it'll be done direct port for perfect distribution). I think because we're using different systems, the jetting definitions etc are going to be different although the general set up logic should be the same

So you have yours set to activate by pressing a button manually? I was planning on having the system come on (after switch activation) via full throttle... Do you let off via your fingers on upshifts, or do you hold on for dear life and go for it? Do you leave traction control on?
Old 03-21-2012, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
I tossed around the idea of direct port but the cost and time isn't worth it. Even if you go direct port you will still have to use nitrous and fuel jets. I've never heard of a nitrous to fuel mix like your talking about. I've always used a nitrous calculator to calculate jet sizes and be done with it. I drag race the car in dyno mode so there's no traction control at all. I don't like the micro switch setup personally. I also would only spray to 6k rpms and let off until it shifted due to the shifting problems I was having.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Do you know if it's 'safe' to use the traction control on this car while on nitrous? Do you know if the system cuts spark or cuts fuel when it senses wheel slip?