Sponsored by:

Valet Parking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 07:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W211,E90,E66,E39,E38,NSX,Z32-TT
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
I will tell you all this - from a somewhat "insider" perspective, the horror stories you hear - the joyrides, abuse, etc it's almost all true. Valet employees are mostly totally worthless and don't care about you or your car. I avoid valet like the plague. Even the best places will sometimes screw up, it's just an unfortunate reality. *NO* valet company is perfect. Valets steal from the companies they work for like it's no one business, and trust me they have even less respect for the people who's cars they park. Now I know this is a gross exaggeration, cause there are plenty of good valet guys out there, but the truth is the good ones are the minority. Most are indifferent.

Here in Chicago, the city has been cracking down on cars being left in valet loading zones so even if you think you can just park your car and leave it, the city wants valet'd cars to be put in lots. Not at meters, and not in loading zones. Basically, find a parking lot, park your car yourself, and walk. It's good exercise.

-m
Also a lot of businesses contract their valet service out to another company. So just because you're rolling into the "Fairmont," dont think that you will get the Fairmont treatment. Valet staff works mostly on tips, I can see why they don't care much.