W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Was at at NYC Auto show this weekend, My impressions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 10:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550.. Gone but never forgotton - E63 AMG..
Was at at NYC Auto show this weekend, My impressions.

I took some pics of the new E63 and E550, Also the SL65 BS (WOW!) I will try to post them this week. My impressions -

Honestly, I'm not sure if it was the coloring of the cars (550 White vs Grayish Silver for the 63) but the E550 looked better than the E63. Yes, I know that sounds crazy but the AMG sport package on the 550 has a great look to it. The E63 had all its doors open and was spinning around on the display floor which was about 2 feet off the floor.Strange angle for viewing. I honestly was not crazy about the rear of the car,especially the trapazoid exhausts. The side looked okay and the front was amazing. From what I can see, the steering wheel on the 63 and the interior looked magnificent. After leaving the autoshow and walking towards my 211 E63, I had a smile on my face. The new E63 did not take my breathe away and the 211 looks better in my eyes, for now atleast.. I have yet to see it in a different color with mods and wheels,etc..

The Nissan GTR was insane.

The 722 SLR was jaw dropping.

The new 7 series was abnormally HUGE! The car looked like a freaking submarine and had the ugliest grill I have ever seen,way over sized and looked like a tic tac toe chart. Gorgeous interior but it has
Nothing on the S class,even though car n driver tested both and put the new 7 at # 1.. No surprised their, cnd loves bmw..

My two favorite cars there were the Aston DBS and the SL65 BS.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG 2010, Black, Pano, P2
I was also at the show this past Saturday and I agree the new E63 did not impress me. Did anyone notice that the front breaks on the new E63 look smaller? Overall there is only 2 reasons to get the new E63:
1) New tranny
2) Exhaust sound
But then again, is it worth switching out of the 2008-2008 E63? I am not sure. There is no power upgrade and the looks is questionable. Exhaust tips are just bad, E550 has much better overall looking package. Anyway I am a bit disappointed and not sure if I will stay with E63 going forward, might as well just keep my 2008 for some time. I tell you the new CTS-V impressed me more.
Oh well...