Dallas Tuner/Shop needed and Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E63 AMG
Dallas Tuner/Shop needed and Advice

Hello All,

Just purchased a 2006 E55 and ready for more power and needed your advice.

I was wondering if anyone knew a Dealer/Shop in the Dallas area that could perform the following:

• LET Tune with the following upgrades listed below.
  • Crank Pulley
    • How does the ASP Pulley compare to the other brands since I see them on most of the forum members?
    • Which Crank Pulley is best for:
i.Power
ii.Reliability
  • Heat Exchanger – Which brand performs best for the money?
  • Johnson CM 30 Pump – Is there a DIY on this upgrade and is it easy to do?
  • Headers
    • What are the differences between the long and short tube versions?
    • Can I retain the stock Cats or upgrade them and still pass smog/inspection?
    • Will having after market cats/resonator deletes cause a failed inspection?

With all of the listed mods to be performed would my 2006 E55 with 33,000 miles still have factory warranty?

If some portions of the vehicle are still covered would you advise in purchasing the extended warranty?

How reliable will the car be if not driven too hard since this is essentially a Stage 2 setup?

Thank you for your responses!

Josh
Old 04-16-2009, 02:21 PM

10 E63
Where in Dallas are you? IM in Richardson. About to fly to Florida to pick up an 04 e55. What color and options for your w211 AMG?
Old 04-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E350 Sport & Rs6
How can I help! Please come by the shop and check it out!
Old 04-16-2009, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by jng204
Hello All,
Just purchased a 2006 E55 ...

With all of the listed mods to be performed would my 2006 E55 with 33,000 miles still have factory warranty?

If some portions of the vehicle are still covered would you advise in purchasing the extended warranty?

How reliable will the car be if not driven too hard since this is essentially a Stage 2 setup?

Thank you for your responses!

Josh
Josh, the drivetrain is very stout, don't baby the car for fear of breaking something, it's unlikely.

So you want to increase the performance of the car beyond the manufacturers specs and then they should cover the warranty? C'mon Josh, the fact that you're asking tells me you know the answer.
If they can pin a failure to a specific after market part, they have the right to deny coverage for that part only, not to void the entire warranty.

Some of your mods can go unnoticed, such as the ASP pulley or any other pulley that is black. Ewing's tech's never noticed mine or they just didn't say anything. ASP is the biggest bang for the buck, however most people agree that the others are higher quality.

Long tubes produce more hp and cost 2x the shorts.

I'd suggest the Chrysler or Mercury Group Platinum warranty having had very good experiences with both. One day Chrysler will stop writing these warranties, look at the numbers of guys who've bought them and had them pay out (over their cost) within a few months. Yes, get a warranty.

The Johnson pump is a DIY.

Q's about the exchanger and passing smog I don't have answers for, stop by here on Saturday morning and someone will be able to answer the smog question.

Park Place on Lemmon is an AMG performance center, so my theory is that there may be better trained personnel there. When they finish a warranty item job, you can drive 2 blocks over to see Adam at Autoscope and they can do the performance upgrades.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:19 PM

2010 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by SLK55NEWB
Where in Dallas are you? IM in Richardson. About to fly to Florida to pick up an 04 e55. What color and options for your w211 AMG?
Hello SLK55NEWB,

I have the Black on Black with the Darkwood Trim. Option wise the important ones are:
1. Nav
2. Keyless Go (a must for me)
3. Dynamic Seats (Not bad but could live without)
4. Heated and Vented seats
5. Bi-Xenon

The ones I wish I had but couldn't find at the time in Black/Black with keyless Go are:
Powered Trunk Closer
ParkTronic
Bluetooth

BTW, i'm located in Parker which is right next to Plano off of Parker or Bethany on 75.

Regards,
Josh
Old 04-16-2009, 07:30 PM

2010 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Adam@Autoscope
How can I help! Please come by the shop and check it out!
Hello Adam,

Thank you for the response. I will swing on by once I have the Car looked over and have all the Warranty issue problems fixed if any.

Do you by any chance do the STAR Lowering or does anyone know for that matter in Dallas?

Thank you again Adam.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:35 PM

2010 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
Josh, the drivetrain is very stout, don't baby the car for fear of breaking something, it's unlikely.

So you want to increase the performance of the car beyond the manufacturers specs and then they should cover the warranty? C'mon Josh, the fact that you're asking tells me you know the answer.
If they can pin a failure to a specific after market part, they have the right to deny coverage for that part only, not to void the entire warranty.

Some of your mods can go unnoticed, such as the ASP pulley or any other pulley that is black. Ewing's tech's never noticed mine or they just didn't say anything. ASP is the biggest bang for the buck, however most people agree that the others are higher quality.

Long tubes produce more hp and cost 2x the shorts.

I'd suggest the Chrysler or Mercury Group Platinum warranty having had very good experiences with both. One day Chrysler will stop writing these warranties, look at the numbers of guys who've bought them and had them pay out (over their cost) within a few months. Yes, get a warranty.

The Johnson pump is a DIY.

Q's about the exchanger and passing smog I don't have answers for, stop by here on Saturday morning and someone will be able to answer the smog question.

Park Place on Lemmon is an AMG performance center, so my theory is that there may be better trained personnel there. When they finish a warranty item job, you can drive 2 blocks over to see Adam at Autoscope and they can do the performance upgrades.
Thank you for all the advice.

Which Crank Pulley would you go with based on a balance of power and durability (Higher Quality)?

My friend is actually the distributor for car parts here in Dallas. I am sure he can get me Supersprint Headers at a very good price. Once I get a response I can see if anyone would like me to order them a set.

Talking about the headers, what makes the long long and the short short? Is the long headers replacing or omitting a cat?
Old 04-16-2009, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Thank you for all the advice.
It's worth exactly what you paid for it, nothing! Everyone has an opinion.

Which Crank Pulley would you go with based on a balance of power and durability (Higher Quality)?
When I had a 55, I went with ASP ... but I'm cheap. The more expensive pulleys seem to be better balanced and people report fewer problems.
Do a search and see what you come up with.

Talking about the headers, what makes the long long and the short short? Is the long headers replacing or omitting a cat?
Didn't have an E class but I think you lose the first cat with the long tubes. VRP makes a log manifold that's supposed to be decent. Again, a search will yield more info than you may care to review.

Enjoy your car!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E350 Sport & Rs6
Hello Adam,

Thank you for the response. I will swing on by once I have the Car looked over and have all the Warranty issue problems fixed if any.

Do you by any chance do the STAR Lowering or does anyone know for that matter in Dallas?

Thank you again Adam.
Where are you buying the car? We are basically at Lemmon/Inwood near Love Field. I am working on the STAR lowering but to my knowledge once your cycle the ignition, it should reset itself.....Let me know when you get your car and maybe we will test that out! The best route is to buy the lowering module and call it day!

As far as headers go, I will check into Kleemann for you! I will show you the difference between the long vs short when we meet.

Just let me know when you plan on coming by, maybe a nice dyno before the mod bug gets you...
Old 05-14-2009, 06:45 PM

2010 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Adam@Autoscope
Where are you buying the car? We are basically at Lemmon/Inwood near Love Field. I am working on the STAR lowering but to my knowledge once your cycle the ignition, it should reset itself.....Let me know when you get your car and maybe we will test that out! The best route is to buy the lowering module and call it day!

As far as headers go, I will check into Kleemann for you! I will show you the difference between the long vs short when we meet.

Just let me know when you plan on coming by, maybe a nice dyno before the mod bug gets you...
Adam,

I'm going to order new rear tires and want to have it aligned by you guys AFTER I get the car lowered by the Renntech ELM. I also would like to get the dyno done as a base line since my car is stock.

I have 3 questions for you which you can PM me if needed.

1. Can you get me a deal on the Renntech ELM v2? If so how much and do you have it in stock?

2. Do you still have the $99 alignment special?

3. Are you only at the Lovefield location? I live in Parker (By Southfork Ranch/Plano) and drove by the Plano location and would prefer that to be my home location but don't mind driving further to meet you.

Thanks again. Can't wait to check out the facility.
Josh
Old 05-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Nice to see a new member in good hands...