Sponsored by:

Recommend Atlanta Tire/Alignment Shop?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS63
Recommend Atlanta Tire/Alignment Shop?

I'm ready for some new tires. I always tirerack, but the usual installer I use here in Atlanta (Bavarian on Howell Mill or Northside) doesn't do TPM work. I need to find somewhere tirerack can ship to that can handle TPM wheels.

While on the subject, I'm thinking it's a good time to get an alignment while I'm replacing all 4. I always assume Benz has some magic special machines and knowledge that could never be duplicated by an independent shop. That said, I have not been very impressed at all with my MB service experiences in this area. Are independent shops qualified to handle an alignment? Any recommendation in the Atlanta area? I'd love some one-stop shopping for tire mounting, balancing, and alignment... Hell I could use new brakes too (at least pads and an HONEST assessment on rotors)... recommends?

2004 E55

Thanks

(btw I'm going to go with the Eagle F1 asymmetrics again - good experience).
Old 04-17-2009, 11:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
Try:
Gran Turismo East
3306 Shallowford Rd NE
Chamblee, GA 30341
(770) 455-0347

Supposedly the best in Atl and they do an excellent job balancing. They apparently do it the old school way, guy in car with hands on steering wheel. Car drives smooth as glass afterwards. Looking forward to new tires in the near future to get the experience again. I have the TPM system on my tires...didn't even know to bring it up but everything fine. I'd say I've visited them 3 times in 4 yrs

Last edited by regor60; 04-17-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS63
Great. I googled them, seems positive all around. I got an appointment - going to go ahead and buy the tires from them too, have them do brakes, alignment, the whole 9. Hopefully it'll be all good news...

Thanks for the recc