Sponsored by:

Rear A/C blowing hot?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 MB E55
Rear A/C blowing hot?

Hey guys heres a question for you, have any of you experienced the rear a/c blowing hot after about 5 minutes of blowing cold? I noticed this when picking up my 5 year old from school, she told me she was hot so I checked the rear vents and they were blowing real hot air! I turned off a/c and waited a few minutes turned it back on and it seemed to be ok till again 5 minutes later hot air. Trying to see if its something simple, and trying to save a trip to the stealership. Any suggestions?
Old 04-29-2009, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Easy fix and the part only cost $50-$60. I wrote a DIY about it.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...rol-valve.html
Old 04-29-2009, 04:25 PM

2004 MB E55
Originally Posted by W211 Ryda
Easy fix and the part only cost $50-$60. I wrote a DIY about it.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...rol-valve.html
Just read your article, wow, thanks for posting it. Going to do this next week.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
my car does the same thing too. going to let dealer know next time i am there.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:31 AM

04 E55AMG & 07 GL450
Quick question for you guys. A couple years ago, while my car was under warranty, the leather on the center console started to bubble really bad like the glue came undone or something. I pointed it out to my SA and he said it wasn't glue, it was normal was normal wear....stretching. I didn't question it, but now that I think back, I remember taking some road trips years back and the center console was really hot. I thought it was heat transferring up from somewhere else due to the long driving. Like someone else mentioned, my kids always begged to roll down the windows because it was hot back there. I thought they were just nagging. They weren't. They were cooking!

I just took a long road trip from PA to Dallas by myself and had to turn on the AC for half the trip. After a while I felt really hot air from somewhere and realized it was the rear vents. I also noticed that the air going into the center console storage box was also INSANELY hot. It melted a pill bottle and a pair of glasses. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm realizing now that this was the issue years ago and the heat from the console softened up the leather (and glue) causing the bubbles. Sort of disappointed the SA didn't catch this when I inquired about the leather. Has anyone else who had this issue noticed their console super hot and/or had their leather bubble?

It sounds like a cheap fix, so it's not a HUGE deal, but the messed up console has bugged me for a long time. Previous MB's I've owned have had leather crack up on the dash due to heat, etc. I thought that was the issue but I think it was this.