My 1.56 60ft expossed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
My 1.56 60ft expossed.

I've been debating for some time now if I wanted to share my 60ft secret with anyone. But I feel it only benifits me if I keep it to myself. So this is what i did to get fast off the line.

As some of you may know, My supercharger is the same one you have on your E55's SL55 CLS55 etc... So to make this blower work on my car I had to do a few things (to say the least).

First, My cars ECU does not know how to engage the clutch. To solve this my supercharger's clutch is wired to be always on (boosting in park) I did this with a simple 12 volts to the clutch and bingo, the clutch engages and you make boost.

Second, I custom bypass valve block off plate was made and set into the bottom of the pipe line or bellows.. whatever you want to call it. When I bought my Supercharger off ebay it came with the "Bypass valve actuator" However my car does not know how to control that either. so i simply left it in its currant place to keep the hole closed in the intercooler.

Third, I just had installed a set of diverter valves that were welded into the side of the surge tanks around the AMG plaque area. Then I had a welder fab up some pipe to run a hoses back into the pipe line from the diverter valves.

The reason for doing this is to give the supercharger something to eat when you let your foot off the gas and the throttle body closes and goes to vacuum.

The end result of this for me was that car responding like it was given a shot of nitrous off the line at the drag strip.

Also by eliminating the electronic controlled bypass valve and running a diverter valve set up would open the door to using the DTM Intercooler.

Last edited by hooleyboy; 05-03-2009 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by hooleyboy

Also my eliminating the electronic controlled bypass valve and running a diverter valve set up would open the door to using the DTM Intercooler.
Your car is a torque monster. By you eliminating the Bypass valve you get all that instant Boost thus creating that enormous torque off the line.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 SL55
Nice work!
Old 05-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Your car is a torque monster. By you eliminating the Bypass valve you get all that instant Boost thus creating that enormous torque off the line.
thats very true, My clutch is on all the time so its still trying to boost even when i let off the gas. so the diverter valves will help prevent the rotors from trying to suck the throttle body trough the pipe line.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
thats very true, My clutch is on all the time so its still trying to boost even when i let off the gas. so the diverter valves will help prevent the rotors from trying to suck the throttle body trough the pipe line.

Bro your selling yourself short ,

You still gotta get the car to hook and 1.56 is not seen very often.

Your bypass is an incredible tool but in the hands of most would still = 2+ short times.

Where is that heads up vid vs Evan? lol Dam you took this to a whole nother level!!! awesome.

Let me know when you and yer bro hit firebirdie or speedworld, Id love to run the 63 vs a 55?
Old 05-04-2009, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
No need for sprint booster after this...... you have your own built-in one
Old 05-04-2009, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
No need for sprint booster after this...... you have your own built-in one
+1...lol, that is a good one.