Old 05-08-2009, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by MJ50
10% FTMFW!
Old 05-08-2009, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 MB E63, '08 ML550 ('05 E55, '05 SL55, '08 E63 GONE)
Originally Posted by Point2Point
I'm in Seoul for business this week, and astounded at how popular AMG cars are here. On the drive from the airport alone I saw four C63s and two E63s. Today I must have seen about 10 AMGs in Seoul traffic. Back home in Colorado the only time I see another AMG is when I run into MPRESIV at a car meet.
Someone hit it right on the head... move to SoCal!

I have 6 on my block (my SL55 and E63, another E63, a ML55, a CL63 and a CL65)...
Old 05-08-2009, 07:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL
one-time import tax in hong kong is 100%.... less for cheaper cars..

on an average saturday, i see 4 - 5 ferrari / lambo, 20+ porsche and countless MB and BMW.. of course including a lot of fake amgs too...

a s500 in hk costs usd200k, sl65BS costs usd700k..
Old 05-08-2009, 07:45 PM

SL
Originally Posted by IanSL55

I have 6 on my block (my SL55 and E63, another E63, a ML55, a CL63 and a CL65)...

in some expensive APARTMENT building parking lot in hong kong, its easy to find maybach, phantom, continential gt, 599, 430Scuderia, lambo, astons etc .. not sure u have seen a youtube video... showing a parking lot with entire level of exotics (at least 20+ cars and the cheapest one is cayenne i think) all owned by the same person... and he's not even considered as a tycoon in hk... just a regular busness owner..

so 6 amg on your block is nothing really..

btw... i think a few of the reventons are now in hk ...

Last edited by phonetics; 05-08-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by phonetics
in some expensive APARTMENT building parking lot in hong kong, its easy to find maybach, phantom, continential gt, 599, 430Scuderia, lambo, astons etc .. not sure u have seen a youtube video... showing a parking lot with entire level of exotics (at least 20+ cars and the cheapest one is cayenne i think) all owned by the same person... and he's not even considered as a tycoon in hk... just a regular busness owner..

so 6 amg on your block is nothing really..

btw... i think a few of the reventons are now in hk ...
My friend - the argument about who sees what cars where is very trivial and no one is going to win it. HK has nice cars, so does southern california, so does Chicago, London, Dubai, etc, etc...

These discussions about where they have really nice cars is assinine. Places that have nice cars is not always so because of wealth, but it also often reflects the culture. We have lots of nice cars here in Chicago, but due to most sports cars having limited utility year round because of winter, you obviously wouldn't see them as often as you would in like HK... where driving a Ferrari year round is actually very feasible.

Most of the worlds larger/affluent cities have a large collection of nice cars. I've spent time in HK and it definitely has it's fair share of car enthusiasts and nice cars, but I don't think it blows away the rest of the world.

-m
Old 05-08-2009, 11:53 PM

SL
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
My friend - the argument about who sees what cars where is very trivial and no one is going to win it. HK has nice cars, so does southern california, so does Chicago, London, Dubai, etc, etc...

These discussions about where they have really nice cars is assinine. Places that have nice cars is not always so because of wealth, but it also often reflects the culture. We have lots of nice cars here in Chicago, but due to most sports cars having limited utility year round because of winter, you obviously wouldn't see them as often as you would in like HK... where driving a Ferrari year round is actually very feasible.

Most of the worlds larger/affluent cities have a large collection of nice cars. I've spent time in HK and it definitely has it's fair share of car enthusiasts and nice cars, but I don't think it blows away the rest of the world.

-m

it's definitely not about wealth... it mostly depends the culture to spend more money on cars.. that's all... i am not trying to convince people that hong kong got most exotic cars... my comment was just for those who have never been to hong kong i thought some people might be interested...
Old 05-09-2009, 12:09 AM

W211,E90,E66,E39,E38,NSX,Z32-TT
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
My friend, don't be disillusioned by one thing costing more than another from country to country. I am not Chinese but spend a lot of time in HK. Income tax there is less than half what it is here, and there are a lot of other forms of tax that aren't the same as it is for us here. Don't just think that all things are equal and that cars just cost many times more therefore everyone in HK is many times wealthier than they are here. It doesn't work like that.

Furthermore, registration does not cost $300k annually for an S-Class, and it is not $100k to purchase either. The import tariff on cars is very high in HK, and registration is expensive also, but not $300k a year, registration isn't even an annual fee. Registration is a onetime fee and is roughly 40-60%. Licensing is also expensive, but it's very similar to what it is in California.

I don't buy and sell cars everyday in HK, so what I know might have changed, but it's mostly accurate.

-m
I guess the man behind the wheel in the taxi I rode in lied to me!!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 12:28 AM
Almost a Member!

SL55 AMG, Jaguar XK120, Lincoln Town Car (car for business in NYC), Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F150
However, Americans need to pay Uncle Sam internationally so they don't have it quite as good as locals.
Just wanted to get off my chest that this needs to change. It has been bothering me for some time now... considering I may be moving to the UK.

Anyways, when I was in Miami I saw about 10 AMG's from my hotel window moving along collins ave in a period of 15 minutes. Also, while I was in Barcelona I saw quite a few AMGs and various other exotics.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:11 AM

2005 Audi A6 4.2
I'm in Seoul for business this week, and astounded at how popular AMG cars are here. On the drive from the airport alone I saw four C63s and two E63s. Today I must have seen about 10 AMGs in Seoul traffic. Back home in Colorado the only time I see another AMG is when I run into MPRESIV at a car meet.
wow what kind of business are you involved in if you don't mind answering? I'm a Korean American (1.5 generation to be exact) and I'm from Seoul! I've been living in Colorado for the past decade though.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
Originally Posted by IanSL55

Same thing in dc- there are 3 e55k's in my building alone.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by Dream Big
Just wanted to get off my chest that this needs to change. It has been bothering me for some time now... considering I may be moving to the UK.
I recently read of legislation in the UK pushing the top income bracket to 50%... if you think the US taxes touch much...

-m
Old 05-10-2009, 02:03 PM

997.2 GT3
Originally Posted by luv2sd
wow what kind of business are you involved in if you don't mind answering? I'm a Korean American (1.5 generation to be exact) and I'm from Seoul! I've been living in Colorado for the past decade though.
I work in the videogame business. I'm the business guy for my company, so I spend a lot of time traveling within the US, to Asia, and to the UK.

What's the best Korean restaurant in the Denver area? I had some amazing Korean BBQ in Seoul, and would like to find a restaurant to satisfy my craving.