W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is what Renntech says about my car if you call and ask them. NOT GOOD.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I've had completely different experience when I talked to RennTech; all my questions have been answered, and as a matter of fact, they've been answered quite thoroughly and professionally. However, I have been mostly dealing with Ken, who has been by the way, extremely nice and absolutely first-class every time I talked to him. The few times that I did talk to Bob, he was very helpful although I did detect slight doubt and/or hesitation when other tuners were mentioned, but nothing disrespectful or demeaning at all as what went on in this case.

Honestly, the bashing game has been taking place from both sides, as I've read so many brief comments and "hints" taking shots at RennTech as well as other big tuners over the years. And I am not, by any means, suggesting that it is okay, but do realize that it does happen and happen often. In an internet world, word spreads fast and almost never spreads correctly making the truth harder to trace down.

One drawback about being the big and "expensive" company is that their screw-ups are spread very quickly and very publicly. While I've seen many "hush-hush" on multiple screw-ups from smaller companies.

Last edited by MB_Forever; 05-09-2009 at 07:14 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
I had lunch today with Ken and I was told he took alot of phone calls today about this thread.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL65
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
So ok you have a car that is 1 mph faster in the quarter mile like for like. Hardly a place where you can get high and mighty. Your car is great and I will say its fast as snot but every comment around here is that RENNtech is junk. So explain how their car with an admitted 100 fewer hp at the wheels (in your eyes) is just 1 mph slower than your car?
1. Never am "high and mighty"....just factual.
2. Never said Renntch was junk. Where did you get that?
3. Show me the Renntech car with my weight trapping 129.
4. Torque management interferes to a greater extent the more power the car puts out. I haven't gotten to the track yet with my new TCU which is supposed to address that issue. I posted this above also.
5. The 700 RWHP shows up on a dyno. It is only viewed by "my eyes". My eyes have yet to create something that is not there.

Let's not forget......You brought up my cars performance and gauged it against Renntech. I didn't.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:36 AM

CL65
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Over two months ago, VRUS/VRP posted:

In this thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...5-65-tcus.html

What happened? Have you just not had a chance to track the new VRP TCU yet, and see how many 10ths it actually shaves off? Do you not even have it yet, over two months later?

It's hard to gauge some of these advancements and their efficacy, especially when a lot of info is posted upfront, and then the subsequent data and results (good, bad, or otherwise) aren't followed up with...

As for the topic at hand, sounds like Renntech isn't immune to "salesy" salespeople on the payroll - but I tend to agree with CynCarvin, they make high-quality parts, albeit at a premium pricepoint. It does speak volumes that MBUSA picked them as one of only 4 tuners for the GLK PR move for its release. Can't recall offhand, who did the "Pikes Peak" themed GLK? That thing was a beast
Haven't been to the track yet. Car has been a test bed for further intercooler development and a few more performance enhancing mods.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
I read the first post and immediately forwarded to the end! I don't care what model you have, I would love to race you in a full blown RENNTech car! I am sorry your, "friend is having problems".

All the tuners are having hard times guys! The whole damn economy is in turmoil! Call me out so I can skool ur a$$ boys!

Last edited by BENZGal; 05-09-2009 at 04:48 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by BENZGal
I read the first post and immediately forwarded to the end! I don't care what model you have, I would love to race you in a full blown RENNTech car! I am sorry your, "friend is having problems".

All the tuners are having hard times guys! The whole damn economy is in turmoil! Call me out so I can skool ur a$$ boys!
I dont think you want to run Marko. Your car is fast though for an E55 but Marko has the big boy V12 biturbo and currently the fastest non nitrous MB. Just call out other E55's hehe

Last edited by blackbenzz; 05-09-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:52 AM
SGC

2006 CL65
Great Experiences with RENNtech

I have had 4 AMG vehicles (E55, S65, and 2 CL65s) tuned by RENNtech and have had nothing but excellent results. They are top notch.

With respect to RENNtech's performance, in our usually hot, humid air in Florida, my personal cars have yet to be beat by any other same model AMG with the same mods on the same track, on the same day. I know there is no other CL65 going in the 10's in our Florida heat with only my mods.

I have nothing against any other tuner. I just have had excellent results with RENNtech.

With respect to RENNtech's business, there is never a shortage of cars in their shop waiting to be modified. That speaks volumes in this economy.

Everyone just needs to take a deep breath, and focus on more important things than the griping in this thread.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
One drawback about being the big and "expensive" company is that their screw-ups are spread very quickly and very publicly. While I've seen many "hush-hush" on multiple screw-ups from smaller companies.
+1

FWIW, the only time I've dealt with Renntech directly was to get a new set of lug bolts for my Monolite wheels - they were extremely friendly and helpful, even knowing that they were only selling me a set of lugs...

Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
Haven't been to the track yet. Car has been a test bed for further intercooler development and a few more performance enhancing mods.
Look forward to seeing your track results! Your post is confusing in that you didn't really answer my question about the TCU - but it's OT for this thread anyway; I'll ask it in the appropriate spot.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:02 AM
SGC

2006 CL65
Originally Posted by groupB
Do they?

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...ag-Racing.html

Also keep in mind that, despite what the Dragtimes slip says, that car has the OS Giken diff. ($4995 from RENN http://www.autofiends.com/index.php/...s-eight-grand/), not "stock", RENN's long-tube headers (not short), and the RENN mid-pipe ($2440 secondary cat-delete/"sound-performance pipe").

Don't get me wrong, RENN's little C is a MONSTER, I'm just pointing out facts about the car (seen here http://jalopnik.com/5168541/renntech...cr-first-drive) on the night it made that time.

Point of clarification. I drove RENNtech's C63 the night it went 11.50s. The car had short tube headers and cats. 100%.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63

You are here by called out!... Only for drinks and good AMG talk with us Phoenix boys. Are you still heading out this way?
Old 05-09-2009, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I dont think you want to run Marko. Your car is fast though for an E55 but Marko has the big boy V12 biturbo and currently the fastest non nitrous MB. Just call out other E55's hehe
I know his car is capable of beating my car, that's a given. Why call out RENNtech for a comment your friend heard? I'm sure it pissed you off Marco but all tuners talk crap. Tell me who tuned your car and I'll post a story. Why post it in the E55 section? I got a bit fiesty on the call out, but i dont think its cool to bash a tuner based on a second hand comment.

Mike,
Yup, I'm still coming. You are on probation? LOL See you soon.

Last edited by BENZGal; 05-09-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
When was the last time you've seen RENNTECH change their company name to avoid or hide from problems like so many others do Bottom line they have so many great techs and are well known through out.. Why so you think most new shops go after RennTechs hp #'s? With that said , I would say that some how RennTech makes most car fast even if they don't touch them, Just because everyone is always trying to make more power than them I've eve had my Renntech tuned ECU damaged when some one tried stealing thier info.... Yes there are SALES MAN out there that just don't get it but that shouldn't make a differance to you , you're not buying the Sales guy
Old 05-09-2009, 12:48 PM

CL65

Maybe you should reread it. I never "bashed" Renntech. Where did you read about my "friend is having problems"? I never posted such a thing.

Are you sure you read my post? Doesn't seem like it. You seem much more emotionally driven than factually.

Last edited by MarkoCL65; 05-09-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 150 Posts
99 E320
so all this is about "someone talking smack about my car" ?
Old 05-09-2009, 01:00 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by SGC
I have had 4 AMG vehicles (E55, S65, and 2 CL65s) tuned by RENNtech and have had nothing but excellent results. They are top notch.

With respect to RENNtech's performance, in our usually hot, humid air in Florida, my personal cars have yet to be beat by any other same model AMG with the same mods on the same track, on the same day. I know there is no other CL65 going in the 10's in our Florida heat with only my mods.

I have nothing against any other tuner. I just have had excellent results with RENNtech.

With respect to RENNtech's business, there is never a shortage of cars in their shop waiting to be modified. That speaks volumes in this economy.

Everyone just needs to take a deep breath, and focus on more important things than the griping in this thread.
I NEVER once said Renntech doesn't know what they're doing or cannot make a car perform. Yet people feel the need to post about that. Why? Their results are impressive and their workmanship is top-notch. I would like to hear your take on my car being bashed extensively by this Bob Brady guy. I'm sure it was the topic of your guys' conversation at some point. Please be honest, if you can.

Do you think it is appropriate for that kind of derogatory rant to come from a company with Renntech's credentials? Please address my questions.

Everyone on the Renntech bandwagon just comes in and either misquotes me, challenges my credibility or my car's performance. And on top of that I have been challenged to a race by a girl with a slower car..... Do you people feel threatened? I never bashed Renntech, they bashed me and their supporters continue to do so.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:04 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by raymond g-
so all this is about "someone talking smack about my car" ?
Spreading blatant lies to degrade someone's work and exploit your own is not smack talking. It's pathetic.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63 AMG
Old 05-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Yes there are SALES MAN out there that just don't get it but that shouldn't make a differance to you , you're not buying the Sales guy
If salesmen didnt make a difference to the consumer why would they exist in the first place and why are some "better" salesmen than others?

This is not about Renntech as a company, more about Bob Brady... Hartmut knows his stuff, this one particular sales guy definitely does not and has a very arrogant attitude about products he knows very little about.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:16 PM

CL65
I know his car is capable of beating my car, that's a given. Why call out RENNtech for a comment your friend heard? I'm sure it pissed you off Marco but all tuners talk crap. Tell me who tuned your car and I'll post a story. Why post it in the E55 section? I got a bit fiesty on the call out, but i dont think its cool to bash a tuner based on a second hand comment.

Mike,
Yup, I'm still coming. You are on probation? LOL See you soon.
1. I never called out Renntech, calm down. Why would I? I have nothing to prove.
2. It pissed me off because it was lies, not talking crap, as you put it. Nice try to minimize it.
3. I tuned my car. Tell me a story.
4. I always post in this section.
5. I posted facts, not bashing.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:22 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
When was the last time you've seen RENNTECH change their company name to avoid or hide from problems like so many others do Bottom line they have so many great techs and are well known through out.. Why so you think most new shops go after RennTechs hp #'s? With that said , I would say that some how RennTech makes most car fast even if they don't touch them, Just because everyone is always trying to make more power than them I've eve had my Renntech tuned ECU damaged when some one tried stealing thier info.... Yes there are SALES MAN out there that just don't get it but that shouldn't make a differance to you , you're not buying the Sales guy
I'm having trouble trying to relate your post to mine. So let me try.....It's ok for him to spread lies about my car because he is a salesman? And this is ok because they have never changed their name and their products perform? Because they have many great techs? Because of these facts the blatant lies this guy is spreading about my car to god knows who else should make no "differance" to me? Did I sorta get it? Interesting logic.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Marko-
You've been honest and upfront from the get go about what you are trying to accomplish with your car and with whom you are trying to accomplish it with.

Your car is EXTREMELY IMPRESSIVE and the facts are:1) the amount of time(R&D), 2)money and 3)a platform that, god forbid something goes wrong, the cost to fix your engine is HUGE. You should be commended for what you have done.

That being said take what the haters and nay sayers are saying and just realize that it comes down to jealousy and just plain HATING!!

Keep raising the bar for all of us in the tuning business and let all the BS just roll off your back.

Stick and stones can break my bones...........you know the rest!

Bruce
Old 05-09-2009, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Marko I think it might be time to head down to Florida.

SGC do you think the RennTech C63 is faster than the MBK car?

Bottom line is Bob Brady needs to come here and clarify. Obviously Marko has respect for Renntech as he has stated this numerous time. He is upset that someone from Renntech made statements about his personal vehicle. It is a slam against him as he is a hands on owner.

So Bob Brady needs to make some comments here to put this thread to bed.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Banned

SL600

Oh boy...
Old 05-09-2009, 02:24 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by juicee63
Marko I think it might be time to head down to Florida.

SGC do you think the RennTech C63 is faster than the MBK car?

Bottom line is Bob Brady needs to come here and clarify. Obviously Marko has respect for Renntech as he has stated this numerous time. He is upset that someone from Renntech made statements about his personal vehicle. It is a slam against him as he is a hands on owner.

So Bob Brady needs to make some comments here to put this thread to bed.
If I head down to Florida, it will have nothing to do with cars or this thread!!
Old 05-09-2009, 02:39 PM

2009 Volkswagen Routan
Originally Posted by SGC
Point of clarification. I drove RENNtech's C63 the night it went 11.50s. The car had short tube headers and cats. 100%.
That C63 had long headers (didn't say anything about the cats - only the secondaries) on it during the Supercar Weekend, so unless RENN took off the long headers, put on shorties, and then took the shorties back out and put the long ones back in for the Jalopnik photoshoot a few days later (the rubber on the rear of the car and on the exhausts - clearly seen in the Jalopnik pics http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/ren...ntd/1007549757 - is from your PBIR run that night) the car had long-tubes in it.

Stranger things have happened than swapping headers in and out for photo shoots, of course.

Last edited by groupB; 05-09-2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Always room for the benefit of the doubt! Hi, Steve!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: This is what Renntech says about my car if you call and ask them. NOT GOOD.