Was down @ sponsor TVT Design; E55/SL55 modded guys come in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR
Was down @ sponsor TVT Design; E55/SL55 modded guys come in

Hey guys, so I was down at TVT Design, they are a forum vendor, and installed the cm030 pump along with k&n air filters today (great guys to work with btw).

I want to do a pulley and tune soon on my SL55 but we were discussing how the heat soak and the supercharger shutting off is an issue.

They recently did an E55 with a full exhaust, 180mm LET pulley, LET tune, Kleeman headers. The car broke the bolt on 55k record with 485 whp and 595 tq I believe.

Well when he went to the track he was running right around 185 temps which is right around supercharger shutoff. That owner is going back for a heat exchanger they custom made for him.

But While they were under the car installing my cm030 pump the SL has a smaller heat exchanger than the e55 does stock.. which obviously helps the e55 get better power, etc. In addition because of this the heat exchanger that they made for the E55 won't fit on the SL. Well I live 12 minutes from the shop so we are looking to prefab something for me. And they are hoping to be able to sell H/E to the whole community if it can work out.

So as we were going over the car, and possible locations, the SL is really cramped compared to the E55.

So my question is: If your SL55 has a heat exchanger what kind is it, and what are the dimensions and where did you fit it?

Question 2: For the guys with SL55s who have a pulley and tune, where do you live, what pulley size, and do you have issues with the supercharger shutting off? I dont want to do a pulley/tune and freakin have the supercharger shut off ever other WOT burst, etc.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
PM Sent...