W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who knows a lot about these ME computers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63
Who knows a lot about these ME computers?

Well based on the endless searching that I've done on this website as well as many others, i havent found solid info on how controlable these motronic computers are. I figured i should ask at this point and see if anyone can chime in. I am in the process of building a twin turbo deal for the 63 m156 motor, but i need to disable many things for this to work properly. First off is there a way to completely disable the traction control on these cars or no? Based on my search i dont think there is unless you put the car into dyno mode. Thanks for any input.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Well that information is good as gold and many claim to have a knowledge base equal to that at AMG. The first self proclaimed ECU/TCU guru that comes to mind on the 63 would be Andy of MHP. Now don't come back and tell me any Andy stories, and dog cuss me for telling you the "who". So do you plan a rear mounted turbo STS style?
Old 05-27-2009, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63
I talked to andy actually. I know its the name of the game, but he wants a crazy amount of money to do something and there is a chance it might not work. At that point i will just put a stand alone on it. I want to hear it out of someones mouth that it is possible. He just has the definitions to do things other might not be able to do. I know with HP tuner which does GM cars and SCT which specializes in fords they can disable traction control because the engineers at SCT or HP made the definition files to do so. I talked to powerchip and they even say they might be able to do it. Its kind of a toss up at this point but i will make something work.

As for the turbos, i am planning on placing them off the headers.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
Both "main" Mercedes tuners have built twin turbo 63s. Perhaps contacting them for support? I know I know probably a long shot at best but you never know. Kleeman seems like the easier of the 2 to get ahold of and they're probably more helpful? Good luck with the build!

http://www.mercedestuningmag.com/kle...l63k-bi-turbo/

http://www.tuningnews.net/article/09...ml-63-biturbo/