Sponsored by:

Rennteck elm problem please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w 211
Renntech elm problem please help

Hello everyone my name is Eric and I am new to this forum but not new to building cars. My last build was a 700hp suby and I have owned many different cars from a twin turbo porsche to a m6 and so on and so forth. So I pulled the trigger about a month ago on a 2009 e63 amg. This car is truly one of the best cars I have ever owned. Not to mention I can put my kids in the back and I can still feel young. Anyway I purchased a renntech v2 elm with controller from a member on mbworld about a week ago. I put it on my car and it was working perfect although it was displaying on the dash a malfunction code. The code shows a car with an arrow pointing up and states malfunction. Now the car still functioned and raises ans lowers, but once in a while it will flash red and say stop car to low. So I disconnected the battery this morning and left it off for 10 minutes. Put it back on and fired up the car. Still has the malfunction and the now the controller will not lower or raise the car. It is stuck on the ground. I mean it is dumped. I can still drive it but as you no it is rough as hell and I am not 18 anymore so I would like to find out what the hell is going on. Does anyone have any suggestions for me. Any help would be great. Thanks guys

Last edited by superflysteiny; 06-18-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:46 PM

w 211
any one want to help
Old 06-18-2009, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Recheck your connections.... when I had mine installed (no, I'm not that handy ), I got similar issues to yours and the installer later found that he didn't connect one of thousands connections correctly.

Also, I believe the one for S-class and E-class are different, IIRC due to single sensor for the rear. So did you get one for E-class? You could check w/ Renntech first whether you got the right one.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:07 PM

w 211
Yes I got one for the e class, it is the 3 sensor so I don't know what is going on. I have checked my connections but I will have to double check them once again.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
How about yes check your connections, but maybe first open the ELM and turn if off completely. Disconnect reconnect battery and see if car returns to proper height. If nothing then your airmatic system might have failed or shorted. Cause once ELM is off it doesnt do anything to bypass signal and disrupt system.
THis really sounds like its not wired up at the connections properly. Must have missed something or maybe loose connection on one of the wires.
Try the above stuff first.
I have an 07 e63, I am running the version 1 box. Was just a preference. dont really need a controller with the location of mine. I have Zero problems with mine.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:21 AM

07 E63. 07 STi limited #606/800
Hey I'm having the same issue here. Got it installed at Dyno-Comp in AZ, and neither I or the installer can figure out why it is giving the Malfunction with an Up arrow.

Everything works fine, and doesn't seem to be a sensor because it would throw a fault on the system and it wasn't showing anything on his computer. Anyone figure this out? Tried the battery thing, still no use.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
I'm not sure if this apply to you guys or not. I recently install the RT ELM on my car and it was the Gen I. In the manual they did say that the W211 come with two different sensors, three wires and four wires. You may want to check into that also.