So I ran a new cts-v late last night

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 06:22 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
If that's stock, the ride height looks great to me.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by CWW
If that's stock, the ride height looks great to me.
Damn firewall, all I get is red x's
Old 07-14-2009, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Vic55
Bobby, thanks for the feedback... its growing on me and now I need to drive it... I love the ability to cut some costs and keep a barn burner in the garage along with the stupid coupes!!

If I may:

Are there guys lowering theirs?? I think the car sits high and do you have pics??
No prob Vic. Yes, they can be lowered. They also give you some good meat on the tires, so a 20" rim will fill up the gap a bit better since I know you like throwin' some D's on your rides
Old 07-14-2009, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Bobby:

Congrats on the new ride! Excellent write-up! It makes me want to swing by the Caddy dealer and take one for a spin!

Tom
Old 07-14-2009, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Bobby:

Congrats on the new ride! Excellent write-up! It makes me want to swing by the Caddy dealer and take one for a spin!

Tom
np bro. It's a luxury car with the soul of a Corvette. If you hate Corvettes and luxury, then it's not for you lol. If you love both, then it's a wrap.

I hope that maybe AMG can learn some lessons from the likes of GM. They could have boosted the 550-series V8 motor and focused more on the suspension and steering.

They would have had an M5 murderer on their hands. Not that I am hating on the 6.2 AMG motor and the current lineup. I love the new dual clutch tranny they have and their new performance focus. But there was nothing like the feeling of that old V8 Kompressor's kick-in-the-*** torque. I would like to see some boost in AMG's future. Maybe a revised V12TT or 6.2l V8TT with the handling of the CTS-V and a beefed up dual clutch tranny in the new E-coupe's body ...hopefully the market doesn't kill the hp wars.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
No prob Vic. Yes, they can be lowered. They also give you some good meat on the tires, so a 20" rim will fill up the gap a bit better since I know you like throwin' some D's on your rides
Im split with the 20's right now, I have them on two rides the GT-R (which comes stock) and the M6, while the P car and the IS-F have 19's. Honestly Id much rather have 19's for functionality but maybe throw in a face forward wheel like a monoblock which appears to be bigger. I think the days of running 25 series tires has grown a bit long in the tooth for me. The M6 is a performer but the 20's do slow it down and the narrow profiles dont do as much for dig launching or cornering.

Anyways I called my local Caddy store and they refused a test drive so I gotta find one a little farther away...
Old 07-14-2009, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Vic55
Im split with the 20's right now, I have them on two rides the GT-R (which comes stock) and the M6, while the P car and the IS-F have 19's. Honestly Id much rather have 19's for functionality but maybe throw in a face forward wheel like a monoblock which appears to be bigger. I think the days of running 25 series tires has grown a bit long in the tooth for me. The M6 is a performer but the 20's do slow it down and the narrow profiles dont do as much for dig launching or cornering.

Anyways I called my local Caddy store and they refused a test drive so I gotta find one a little farther away...
I totally understand you on the wheels.

And that sucks. I pulled up to the dealership and when they saw the M5, they were basically kissing my feet. With your arsenal of automobiles, you should get a special greeting by the bangin' receptionist haha.

Ah well, yeah, definitely different dealership. Good luck.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my dyno on a 6spd stickshift V done at sound perforance in illinois..

No mods, closed engine lid, stock 6spd manual with 2200 miles..

501tq
462hp

[/QUOTE]

Going in tuesday to get redyno'd with my 4in TB & 4In cai intake. Still on stock tune. I want to see how much all that air will affect the power and most importantly the a/f. The V is extremely restricted in terms of air intake from the factory so I wouldnt be suprised to see a good 30-40hp/tq + from this w/out any tunes.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Razorecko
my dyno on a 6spd stickshift V done at sound perforance in illinois..

No mods, closed engine lid, stock 6spd manual with 2200 miles..

501tq
462hp

Going in tuesday to get redyno'd with my 4in TB & 4In cai intake. Still on stock tune. I want to see how much all that air will affect the power and most importantly the a/f. The V is extremely restricted in terms of air intake from the factory so I wouldnt be suprised to see a good 30-40hp/tq + from this w/out any tunes.[/QUOTE]

What intake and throttle body? You getting your stuff from Jesse? BTW, amazing numbers. Looks like you have a torque beast on your hands.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ Its a new era intake....and the TB is from Wait4me/ Jesse...here's the link detailing it/ pics and how I had to pull out the brake duct to get more air flow...actually suprised nobody pulled the brake duct out yet. I'd rather have all that fresh air hitting the intake and not being routed to the already massive brake setup.... After these mods I can reallllly feel a difference especially on the highway. I'll chirp the wheels all the way until 4th gear now.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ait4me-tb.html

I think the reason the hp was so much lower on the dyno was because the car was lacking so much air at higher rpms that it was really pulling it back. Thats why I wanted to get another dyno w/out a tune and just air mods to show how much the V can benefit.

Last edited by Razorecko; 07-14-2009 at 11:37 AM.