Bay Area Powerchips debut!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Bay Area Powerchips debut!!

Alright guys, I've spoken with Travis today from Powerchips and he's gamed for a Bay Area dyno day. We need 4-5 new customer to make this happen and from there we could set a date. The dyno day will be at http://www.eipracing.com/index.html. I already met the owner and he's very knowledgeable and loves doing what he does, tuning and working on the dyno. Jeremy himself will be doing the custom tuning on their AWD Mustang dyno.

Jeremy is the one who tuned my car and I couldn't be happier. My car achieved results better than I would've ever hoped for. Powerchips can tune all cars and not just limited to MB and BMW's. They tune P-cars, Lambo's Ferrari's, MB's and BMW's...basically they got skills. This is just a feeler and if we can't meet the minimum requirement this will not happen.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
08 E 6point3-sold- 11 caddy cts-v-sold, 2012 E63 Palladium Silver
im in

im in and considering a tune if there is sometype of discount
Old 07-10-2009, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by drop997stop
im in and considering a tune if there is sometype of discount
Hey Evan, I spoke with Marc the other day and he said you dropped by. He's a great guy and I hope things worked out.

It will up to powerchips on the pricing. I'm sure once we get enough people a discount will be in order. The place where the tuning will take place is willing to discount his dyno time.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Not sure I want to change the tune on my E63 as it is unlikely to gain much over where I am today. However, I would love the chance to talk to these guys and have a little GTG.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:36 PM

W211,E90,E66,E39,E38,NSX,Z32-TT
I'm in. But only after we slap on a few more mods on my car. You know what Im talking about.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
are they doing sw and pulley or just sw? and what can be gained from just sw in terms of gains - too lazy to search

i would be down to at least get a baseling dyno since it is 4 miles from my house here in downtown.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Prius because I'm green
I'm there and I already started my base dyno off this dyno. So I'm curious what they can do now and to finally get started on the mods. It would be nice if he was at his new shop when they come. It's a little congested at the old one.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:37 PM

2006 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG
Anymore information on date and pricing?

I'm in if I can get my intetcooler and pump installed before D day.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:31 AM

Bicycle
I'd be down, depending on pricing and dates to do it. I've had a couple of emails with travis from PC and seems like a good guy.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C218 CLS63TT PP Edition1, W213 E63S
who is the guy there ?

is it Mike ?

boy i am waiting for them to come here ><
Old 07-11-2009, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Ali_E55
who is the guy there ?

is it Mike ?

boy i am waiting for them to come here ><
The tuner will be Jeremy.

sneakyneon I'd be down, depending on pricing and dates to do it. I've had a couple of emails with travis from PC and seems like a good guy.
Yesterday 07:37 PM
Both Travis and Jeremy are great guys who always seem to be busy.

JohnnyNg1981 Anymore information on date and pricing?

I'm in if I can get my intetcooler and pump installed before D day.
Hey what's up Johnny! How's that LET tune treating you? Did you ever figure out what was going on with your car? I hope you got things all fixed because I remember your baseline pull was pretty low and it seemed as though you might have some other issues going on.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I have nothing to gain from this except having a couple of my friends hopefully experience the same joy I have received from my tune. Just for ***** and giggle let's start a list to see if we could get them over here. For every one's sake the cut off should be 5. Anyone who attended the LET custom tune day knows exactly what I'm talking about. Trying to fit in 10-12 custom tune in one day = unsatisfied customers. This might be the reason why there are a few of you wanting a re-tune. Let's keep it to a minimum and walk away with a tune done right the 1st time.

Please list your name and we could proceed with moving forward to setting a date. As for price, I could guarantee it won't be for $599. I would hope it's in the range of $1200 plus dyno time. It's well worth the extra few hundred bucks because I have all the confidence in the world that Jeremy will get it right the 1st time. Please remember I have no affiliation with PC and I'm just a happy customer that's trying to pass on a product I believe works.

1. MikeE55
2. Azipod

Here's the website for PC's price list. Hopefully we could get them to cut us a break. http://www.powerchipgroup.com/intera...sp?pid=Mer0172

Last edited by bassn_07; 07-11-2009 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Website price listing"
Old 07-11-2009, 04:30 PM

A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by bassn_07
I have nothing to gain from this except having a couple of my friends hopefully experience the same joy I have received from my tune. Just for ***** and giggle let's start a list to see if we could get them over here. For every one's sake the cut off should be 5. Anyone who attended the LET custom tune day knows exactly what I'm talking about. Trying to fit in 10-12 custom tune in one day = unsatisfied customers. This might be the reason why there are a few of you wanting a re-tune. Let's keep it to a minimum and walk away with a tune done right the 1st time.

Please list your name and we could proceed with moving forward to setting a date. As for price, I could guarantee it won't be for $599. I would hope it's in the range of $1200 plus dyno time. It's well worth the extra few hundred bucks because I have all the confidence in the world that Jeremy will get it right the 1st time. Please remember I have no affiliation with PC and I'm just a happy customer that's trying to pass on a product I believe works.

1. MikeE55
2. Azipod

Here's the website for PC's price list. Hopefully we could get them to cut us a break. http://www.powerchipgroup.com/intera...sp?pid=Mer0172

For MikeE55 are you referring to me if not and it's another Mike put me on that list. PC has proven to be worth the extra money and I always believe you get what you paid for.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
1. Mikeamg
2. Azipod
Old 07-11-2009, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

how much will it be and what gains can I expect from a 2003 CLK55?
Old 07-11-2009, 07:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
08 E 6point3-sold- 11 caddy cts-v-sold, 2012 E63 Palladium Silver
thanks

Alan,

thanks for the refferal. Marc is super cool and does great work. I am not sure about the powerchip tune yet. Trying to justify the 1200 price tag. the 6.3 just doesn't benefit as much as the 5.5 engine but I dont mind heading out for a little meet

Hey Evan, I spoke with Marc the other day and he said you dropped by. He's a great guy and I hope things worked out.

It will up to powerchips on the pricing. I'm sure once we get enough people a discount will be in order. The place where the tuning will take place is willing to discount his dyno time.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Please guys don't quote me on the pricing. I was just making a general guess which I shouldn't have done. Please disregard my comment and take it as more of a target range for us. Travis in no way has committed to any pricing yet and this is more of a feel. Once we get enough interest we could approach PC again and ask when and how much. From here people on this list could make their final decision on whether or not they want to proceed.

I'll also speak with EIP Racing since it seems that we have some interest. I know PC will be down soon for a custom day that EIP setup but I believe they are full. I'll find out for sure.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by drop997stop
Alan,

thanks for the refferal. Marc is super cool and does great work. I am not sure about the powerchip tune yet. Trying to justify the 1200 price tag. the 6.3 just doesn't benefit as much as the 5.5 engine but I dont mind heading out for a little meet
That would be cool if you could stop by. Maybe we could have that photo shoot you were talking about. I'm not sure if my car is worthy but what the heck.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i think a price would help generate more interest!!!
Old 07-12-2009, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by baldmike73
i think a price would help generate more interest!!!
I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have problems filling the spots as I have some interest from the P-cars also. I'll try and see if I could get either the owner from EIP or Powerchips to chime in. Like I mentioned before I have no affiliation with PC except for being a satisfied customer. It will not be as cheap as LET's tune so if price is your biggest concern you may want to look towards LET. Their deal can't be beat but when dealing with a 30,000 engine it's not really that big of a difference. JMHO. I'll send the owner from EIP a email to try and get him to chime in.

Edit: From here on out I'll try to get PC or EIP and hopefully they chime in. I'm hoping they'll generate a price point that will gain interest. I don't want to get too involved with this and I'll let the actual people who'll be making the money earn it. Like I said before, if we get the interest they said they'll come. Once again I'm not looking for commitment but more of people who are interested in a custom tune. If after receiving the price it's obvious that you could back out if not in agreeance.

Last edited by bassn_07; 07-12-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have problems filling the spots as I have some interest from the P-cars also. I'll try and see if I could get either the owner from EIP or Powerchips to chime in. Like I mentioned before I have no affiliation with PC except for being a satisfied customer. It will not be as cheap as LET's tune so if price is your biggest concern you may want to look towards LET. Their deal can't be beat but when dealing with a 30,000 engine it's not really that big of a difference. JMHO. I'll send the owner from EIP a email to try and get him to chime in.

Edit: From here on out I'll try to get PC or EIP and hopefully they chime in. I'm hoping they'll generate a price point that will gain interest. I don't want to get too involved with this and I'll let the actual people who'll be making the money earn it. Like I said before, if we get the interest they said they'll come. Once again I'm not looking for commitment but more of people who are interested in a custom tune. If after receiving the price it's obvious that you could back out if not in agreeance.
I am not saying that there is not alot of interest just asking what the price would be and that if price were mentioned it might generate more interest.

I guess it was a foolish remark.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by baldmike73
I am not saying that there is not alot of interest just asking what the price would be and that if price were mentioned it might generate more interest.

I guess it was a foolish remark.
I don't have a price for you otherwise I would mention it. This is what I mentioned in post #12:

"Please list your name and we could proceed with moving forward to setting a date. As for price, I could guarantee it won't be for $599. I would hope it's in the range of $1200 plus dyno time. It's well worth the extra few hundred bucks because I have all the confidence in the world that Jeremy will get it right the 1st time. Please remember I have no affiliation with PC and I'm just a happy customer that's trying to pass on a product I believe works. "

I'm sure the more interest we generate we'll have a better chance at getting lower rates. If we end up getting 10 cars they might make it a 2 day event and lower their prices, who knows. Hopefully they'll chime in soon and set some prices and guidelines in order to make it worth both our while and theirs.

My suggestion if you're interested get on the list and if you don't end up liking the price you could always back out. I'm not looking for commitment, only interest to see if we could get them up here. ! This is a feeler with no commitment.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:37 PM

2006 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG
Thanks for asking about my car, it's running fine at the moment.

I believe the low dyno numbers were from heat soak, as I was driving the car around to get COLD DRINKS and didn't let it cool off in time.

I'm waiting for my Heat Exchanger and Johnson pump to come in so hopefully I can get a tune from Power Chips.

Otherwise, the LET Tune wasn't bad at all. I didn't feel the HP & TQ increase right off the bat. I started to realize there was a big difference in low RPM's in city driving after a 100 miles or so.

I know you are looking for PC sign up's, without a date its hard for me to say YES or NO.

Hey what's up Johnny! How's that LET tune treating you? Did you ever figure out what was going on with your car? I hope you got things all fixed because I remember your baseline pull was pretty low and it seemed as though you might have some other issues going on.