W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My stock E55 vs Modded 335i (blackedout335)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 w211 E55
I don't log on for 2 days it's a mess in here! lol

Facts of that night race: I did lose but not by much. Also blackedout335i was definetly having some type of problem because when he was changing gears I can hear some type of popping nice. Brisk stated that we didn't do back to back runs before hitting the highway which I'm not sure he saw because we did do back to back runs and then came back to let the cars cool down. We then went on the highway and did 2 back to back runs and each time when my car shifted from 3rd to 4th thats when he starts to pull on me.

I love comparing cars and this is all fun and games for me. Last time I said my car was not running at it's full potential and it was true. This time it was the 335i saying he's not running at full potential. So with this said there is only 1 thing that we can do. Thats ROUND 3 !!! lol. When he gets everything straigtened out I will head out to his neck of the woods where we can do some GOOD clean side by side runs.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
Good races- good story. 335i, although most people on this site love a great race, there are ALWAYS naysayers that will make 100 excuses for our cars losing. Just take it with a grain of salt- god FORBID any of us post an amg win at the bmw forums, those guys just don't want to hear anything about an m class losing.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
335i
Originally Posted by itsmeek
Good races- good story. 335i, although most people on this site love a great race, there are ALWAYS naysayers that will make 100 excuses for our cars losing. Just take it with a grain of salt- god FORBID any of us post an amg win at the bmw forums, those guys just don't want to hear anything about an m class losing.

I totally agree, you find them on every forum, not just this one. But I actually like this forum better because the majority of the people are capable of having a mature conversation. You can tell that the median age on this forum compared to lets say e90post seems to be a night and day difference for the better.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:18 PM

///M5 Beast
Originally Posted by TopGun32
may I ask what is the target boost you are looking to get on the n54? Are talking about around 18lbs?

How much was he holding last night?
On his car, on the high boost would be 18-19 MAX psi or so, which he couldnt hold. He dropped down to abot 15 or so for the runs on the freeway.

Rory breaker, im gonna send u a pm so we dont OT this thread as much as we did.

+100 its meek, most of my cousins and friends are on this forum aswell. It was just fun hanging out with everyone and just driving out cars. We all love cars so it was GREAT.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Originally Posted by Brisk335

Just got your PM, will look it over and get back to you

Its sad when technical discussion gets booted off a thread because all we're supposed to say is "hey nice race" or "whoaaa did you have it in M or S mode?" - sorry if technical discussion is "off topic" here, I thought maybe people would like to understand why things work the way they do versus just cutting a check to the latest internet tuner shop sensation.

Im glad at least one of you (brisk335) understands my commentary has nothing to do with this race and who won or lost it (4th time at least) and everything to do with understanding how heat soak affects a 335 in comparison to every other car Ive had experience with and why. If Im a "naysayer" looking for excuses then every letter of every one of my posts has gone over everyones head here except for the guy Im talking directly to, because he doesnt seem to have any problem understanding what im getting at and discussing it based on experience and opinion.

Sorry, logic coming back into the conversation.....let me get it back to how the masses want it. how about "dem dumb bmw's culd never beet an amg, dis must be fayke jo - you shulda had it in M mood and you wulda smocked him" - better, more like you expect? Dont want to throw any curveballs here and actually have a meaningful discussion.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
I don't mind any open discussions that is going on here. Next time we race we won't have to do more then 2 runs. The roads out by blackedoutt335's way are alot smoother, straight, and open. Once he's at his full potential we will set this up again and see the outcome.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:43 PM

335i
On his car, on the high boost would be 18-19 MAX psi or so, which he couldnt hold. He dropped down to abot 15 or so for the runs on the freeway.

+100 its meek, most of my cousins and friends are on this forum aswell. It was just fun hanging out with everyone and just driving out cars. We all love cars so it was GREAT.

My max psi should be 17 or 17.5 on maps 11 or 12. Map 9 is like 15-15.5.

Honestly once I got my maps working and it was a lower PSI map it showed that I should and did pull at least a car length of more on the E55 up to 130mph..........
Old 07-26-2009, 09:17 PM

2019 s560 sedan
whats the deal with those 335's ??? I heard they cannot take the abuse for too long from the mods and some have crazy over heating issues when they are modded ???
Old 07-26-2009, 09:19 PM

335i
Originally Posted by malakasnyc
whats the deal with those 335's ??? I heard they cannot take the abuse for too long from the mods and some have crazy over heating issues when they are modded ???
There are plenty of 335i's out there with 50K + mileage that are running full bolt ons, so far the car is pretty bulletproof. The cars naturally run hotter, certain cars do and certain cars don't. Its unedicated people like you that start alot of hearsay...........
Old 07-26-2009, 11:08 PM

2019 s560 sedan
Originally Posted by Blackedout335i
There are plenty of 335i's out there with 50K + mileage that are running full bolt ons, so far the car is pretty bulletproof. The cars naturally run hotter, certain cars do and certain cars don't. Its unedicated people like you that start alot of hearsay...........
Easy there , people like me ??? thats why i added the questions marks because it is based on a question .

And its no secret that pushing the boost close to 20 psi is risky and plenty have blown them up .
Old 07-26-2009, 11:51 PM

08 Jeep SRT8, B5 S4
Any of you would want to run a Jeep?
Old 07-27-2009, 12:21 AM

///M5 Beast
Originally Posted by malakasnyc
Easy there , people like me ??? thats why i added the questions marks because it is based on a question .

And its no secret that pushing the boost close to 20 psi is risky and plenty have blown them up .

No there pretty okay. There is alot of modded 335i with tune only cars out there. And a bunch more with full bolt on. There has been 2 reported failures on the forums since 2007 of any blown turbos. But none of which has been directly tied to mods and so on.
These engines do run hot, esp since tune only cars are hotting double the PSI with stock IC's and stock oil coolers. But for the most part, they take the beating pretty damn well.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
No there pretty okay. There is alot of modded 335i with tune only cars out there. And a bunch more with full bolt on. There has been 2 reported failures on the forums since 2007 of any blown turbos. But none of which has been directly tied to mods and so on.
These engines do run hot, esp since tune only cars are hotting double the PSI with stock IC's and stock oil coolers. But for the most part, they take the beating pretty damn well.
Just be careful with your map

have a plan, it can go bad quickly.

Transmission is first, then turbo's.

If you have not had problems running 17-20 psi , consider that a blessing rather than something all 335 drivers should expect.

They are far from bullet proof when tuned especially the cars running the high boost.

It certainly is a great car, a great engine but to say it is w/o risk to turn boost up to 20, thats a stretch
Old 07-27-2009, 12:56 AM

///M5 Beast
I def. agree with you!
15psi is the max i would run. I run 93 octane and i am at sea level aswell. When temps go over 90*F i lower the boost down aswell. I treat my snails well

Not saying there is no risk, not many have failed as of yet, shows some kind of resistance to abuse haha. Than again, most guys are under 50k miles, but like mentioned there are a bunch of guys running high boost weith full bolt on's passed 50k miles holding up VERY well.

I think 18-19 is the max you can run on these engines, after that your just over spinning/hot ait. Even that is on the edge. But alot of guys are running it without a problem at all. Being that there is only two reported cases of failed turbos related (maybe) directly to tuning, its hard to say this engine is prone to failure at high boost as of yet. We shall see, we are about to go into the end of the 3rd year with this engine out, more miles being put on these engines and more abuse. Weak points shall show.

The tuners, esp. Terry of the BMS JB3, are doing a great job, at using ALOT of prevention to prevent abuse of these turbos. Octane detection to boost, agressive heatsoak boost taper, etc. so that plays a role.

Last edited by Brisk335; 07-27-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
I def. agree with you!
15psi is the max i would run. I run 93 octane and i am at sea level aswell. When temps go over 90*F i lower the boost down aswell. I treat my snails well

Not saying there is no risk, not many have failed as of yet, shows some kind of resistance to abuse haha. Than again, most guys are under 50k miles, but like mentioned there are a bunch of guys running high boost weith full bolt on's passed 50k miles holding up VERY well.

I think 18-19 is the max you can run on these engines, after that your just over spinning/hot ait. Even that is on the edge. But alot of guys are running it without a problem at all. Being that there is only two reported cases of failed turbos related (maybe) directly to tuning, its hard to say this engine is prone to failure at high boost as of yet. We shall see, we are about to go into the end of the 3rd year with this engine out, more miles being put on these engines and more abuse. Weak points shall show.

The tuners, esp. Terry of the BMS JB3, are doing a great job, at using ALOT of prevention to prevent abuse of these turbos. Octane detection to boost, agressive heatsoak boost taper, etc. so that plays a role.
Hats off to the BMW crowd and the agressive tunes etc.. I have seen 3 cars fail just during my track events. 2 blown transmissions both cars on the FIRST pass and one car had issue with the turbo's , I dunno if they were completely blown.

Im glad you are aware of the dangers and protect the snails and trans by understanding the air and fuel going into the car.

did you see this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLAonJnNTgg

lol, a CLS 63 on the winning end of a street race, say it isn't so?
Old 07-27-2009, 09:44 AM

///M5 Beast
Originally Posted by juicee63
Hats off to the BMW crowd and the agressive tunes etc.. I have seen 3 cars fail just during my track events. 2 blown transmissions both cars on the FIRST pass and one car had issue with the turbo's , I dunno if they were completely blown.

Im glad you are aware of the dangers and protect the snails and trans by understanding the air and fuel going into the car.

did you see this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLAonJnNTgg

lol, a CLS 63 on the winning end of a street race, say it isn't so?
Yup i did, that 4 door boat actually won hahaha

P.s. Were the trannys 6MT? i have never heard of any problems with trannys on these cars, and i mean at all, being very serious. Maybe a axle popping out i heard of, and blown clutches from launching hard?

Last edited by Brisk335; 07-27-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:33 PM

335i
Originally Posted by T I T A N
Any of you would want to run a Jeep?
I ran an SRT8 Jeep, with intake, headers, full exhaust and tune and won easily from a dig on my pump gas map and this was when i had a failing fuel pump issue too.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:36 PM

335i
Originally Posted by juicee63
Just be careful with your map

have a plan, it can go bad quickly.

Transmission is first, then turbo's.

If you have not had problems running 17-20 psi , consider that a blessing rather than something all 335 drivers should expect.

They are far from bullet proof when tuned especially the cars running the high boost.

It certainly is a great car, a great engine but to say it is w/o risk to turn boost up to 20, thats a stretch

Its people that have never had a turbo car before and just dont know what they are doing that blow stuff with the 335i because mommy and daddy bought **** for them.

Honestly I drive in full boost maybe a few times a week. I shift at 3k rpm and baby the car. Now I may race once a month maybe and run that higher map for 2 or 3 runs and turn it right off. Plus my max boost is around 17 to 17.2 psi. No one gets even close to 20 psi. I don't know where this magical number you talk about is coming from.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
I don't log on for 2 days it's a mess in here! lol

Facts of that night race: I did lose but not by much. Also blackedout335i was definetly having some type of problem because when he was changing gears I can hear some type of popping nice. Brisk stated that we didn't do back to back runs before hitting the highway which I'm not sure he saw because we did do back to back runs and then came back to let the cars cool down. We then went on the highway and did 2 back to back runs and each time when my car shifted from 3rd to 4th thats when he starts to pull on me.

I love comparing cars and this is all fun and games for me. Last time I said my car was not running at it's full potential and it was true. This time it was the 335i saying he's not running at full potential. So with this said there is only 1 thing that we can do. Thats ROUND 3 !!! lol. When he gets everything straigtened out I will head out to his neck of the woods where we can do some GOOD clean side by side runs.
Spoken like a true enthusiast.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:08 PM

335i
I think I clarifed some of the issues. Testing will commence sometime this week. I will let you know. And then we can go again in my area.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:20 PM

'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Question so then..

Hey guys, exactly how much Horsepower are these latest tuned 335's putting out? And considering how much power they're putting out... are any of you guys considering getting the all-new 5 series or 6 series when it comes out with the new 4.4 liter bi-turbo V-8? What is the tuning potential for these V-8's? More than even the 335's since the engine is even bigger?

And also.. are any of you guys seriously considering getting the 2012 model M5/M6 when it comes out with that 600 or so HP bi-turbo direct-injected M V-8? The tuning potential there should be amazing too right?

thanks guys for the info.....
Old 07-29-2009, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by SL65amg
And also.. are any of you guys seriously considering getting the 2012 model M5/M6 when it comes out with that 600 or so HP bi-turbo direct-injected M V-8? The tuning potential there should be amazing too right?
Of course a bunch of us are considering that. Who wouldn't want that type of potential??? Also, the latest rumor I heard is it will be a V10 Twin Turbo. Combined with 7 speed Dual Clutch, it will be be the hands down king of it's segment. But we still have some time before any of those M5's are hitting the streets so it's too soon to talk about.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:59 PM

335i
I would be more worried about where the turbos are located on the car and the amount of space to be used, because on the 335i its a *****. But luckily the new V8 twin turbos the turbos are located on the top the engine as suppose to the 335i which its located on the bottom because the real power will come form turbo upgrades and not just tunning.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:35 AM

///M5 Beast
Originally Posted by Blackedout335i
I would be more worried about where the turbos are located on the car and the amount of space to be used, because on the 335i its a *****. But luckily the new V8 twin turbos the turbos are located on the top the engine as suppose to the 335i which its located on the bottom because the real power will come form turbo upgrades and not just tunning.

I agree 100%, if the turbo is as the new BMW V8 twin turbo setup is, where the turbos are on the top of the engine, it would only take a afternoon's work to get you to bump up some major HP from a turbo swap, i.e. sti engine, turbo on top, 200+HP over stock in one afternoon lol

From what i was reading the other night, the NEW M5 should be getting the same twin turbo V8 that is in the X6-M and the X5-M. We shall see.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:05 AM

335i
I agree 100%, if the turbo is as the new BMW V8 twin turbo setup is, where the turbos are on the top of the engine, it would only take a afternoon's work to get you to bump up some major HP from a turbo swap, i.e. sti engine, turbo on top, 200+HP over stock in one afternoon lol

From what i was reading the other night, the NEW M5 should be getting the same twin turbo V8 that is in the X6-M and the X5-M. We shall see.
Whats up with your cousin and you? Are you guys goin out to Westbury tonight?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My stock E55 vs Modded 335i (blackedout335)