Sponsored by:

Filing a complaint with MBZ USA ?

Old 07-30-2009, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
1991 964 Turbo, 2002 Black E55, 2002 Black E55 " The Beast"- 2014 E63s
Filing a complaint with MBZ USA ?

Guys,
When my CPO E55 was delivered to me ( sight unseen ) i noticed one of the rear wheel had a curb rash...I refused to take the delivery until it was resolved.I was promised by the dealership that they will ship me a wheel...
We have gone back and forth for almost 7 months now and i have yet to get the wheel.They finally did send me a wheel but it's the wrong size,****ing retard.Now,i can't even make them return my email/messages...
I have just opened up a dispute with my CC ( made a $1000 deposit ) but would like to go ahead and file a complaint about the ****ing dealership any way...
So where and how do i do this...

Lesson learnt:
1)- Never trust a dealership no matter how big they ****ING are ?
2)- Never buy a car sight unseen...Never ****ING ever i am buying a car with out seeing it in person first ...

Thanks

Last edited by C2 Turbo; 07-30-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
Guys,
When my CPO E55 was delivered to me ( sight unseen ) i noticed one of the rear wheel had a curb rash...I refused to take the delivery until it was resolved.I was promised by the dealership that they will ship me a wheel...
We have gone back and forth for almost 7 months now and i have yet to get the wheel.They finally did send me a wheel but it's the wrong size,****ing retard.Now,i can't even make them return my email/messages...
I have just opened up a dispute with my CC ( made a $1000 deposit ) but would like to go ahead and file a complaint about the ****ing dealership any way...
So where and how do i do this...

Lesson learnt:
1)- Never trust a dealership no matter how big they ****ING are ?
2)- Never buy a car sight unseen...Never ****ING ever i am buying a car with out seeing it in person...

Thanks
your points 1 and 2... $h** anyone coulda told you that one bud...that said; MB should stand by you on this...or you could have them settle on a payout, take that money and use it toward a set of better aftermarket wheels ...which will be lighter and nicer
Old 07-30-2009, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
It's pointless- take it to BBB.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
mbusa will do absolutey NOTHING to help you. they'll just state that dealerships are independant companies and to take it up with their management.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
My point exactly.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
$1K deposit (again: deposit, not the whole amount) for 1 wheel?

How much is the wheel (emphasize singular, not plural)? $2K?

If this is the only thing that you found wrong w/ the car... well, this is my suggestion:
1. Call your CC to dispute the charge
2. Fix the damn wheel for like $100-150... or buy one from ebay for around $250?
3. Wait till you got the credit back from your CC company
4. Sell the wrong wheel for at least the same price you spent fixing the wheel or buying the right wheel.
5. Call it the day... not worth your stress and emotion, IMO. It's just a curb rash... not like finding out that the car was in a bad accident.

Just to share similar experience:
I bought my CPO GL sight unseen. At time of delivery, there were couple big rock chips that were badly touched up (so couldn't blame the shipper) even though the dealer told me NO rock chips whatsoever (no matter how small it is... ). I chose to live with them, it was not worth my stress and emotion... that's the risk of buying a car sight unseen.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:20 PM

1969 280S, 1991 300E
Originally Posted by zoink
$1K deposit (again: deposit, not the whole amount) for 1 wheel?

How much is the wheel (emphasize singular, not plural)? $2K?

If this is the only thing that you found wrong w/ the car... well, this is my suggestion:
1. Call your CC to dispute the charge
2. Fix the damn wheel for like $100-150... or buy one from ebay for around $250?
3. Wait till you got the credit back from your CC company
4. Sell the wrong wheel for at least the same price you spent fixing the wheel or buying the right wheel.
5. Call it the day... not worth your stress and emotion, IMO. It's just a curb rash... not like finding out that the car was in a bad accident.

Just to share similar experience:
I bought my CPO GL sight unseen. At time of delivery, there were couple big rock chips that were badly touched up (so couldn't blame the shipper) even though the dealer told me NO rock chips whatsoever (no matter how small it is... ). I chose to live with them, it was not worth my stress and emotion... that's the risk of buying a car sight unseen.
Good post.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
Copy and paste the same negative review of the dealership onto every review site out there. Yelp works best. You can also just fix the curb rash and keep that wheel as a spare once the dealer gets their act together. I've already had my wheels fixed 4 times due to pre-existing curb rash and crappy Bay Area roads. It's around 100 bucks a shot to unmount the wheel, repair, balance, and remount.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 CLK AMG 63 BS
You can call the CC and they are usually good about it.

Another thing thing you can do is if your claim is under 5k, (California Law) you can tell the dealership that your going to take the case to small Claims, also tell the same thing to MBZ see if they are willing to talk to you now!