Sponsored by:

Trouble with Bluetooth MHI Blackberry Bold on E63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 E63 Wagon
Trouble with Bluetooth MHI Blackberry Bold on E63

you guys run into any problems transferring your address book via BB Bold? I've tried this for several hours and can't get it to work. Even the call history functions don't work on the screen. I can call in and out no problem.

Trying to transfer address book, it says "failed, please see your wireless blue tooth device manual" if I change the service types. If I leave the phone at default and then try to transfer, the car says transferring data, please wait and sits there for ever.

what am I missing?
Old 08-04-2009, 10:50 PM

'12 ML350
It may be due to the size of your address book - the COMAND module has limited memory space so if the address book on your BB Bold is too large and the default mode is to transfer all, then it won't work.

Instead, change the property on the device to download contacts from only certain categories or a hot list, then it should work.

Good luck.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:40 AM

08 E63 Wagon
Just a follow-up incase you guys run into this issue.

Took the car to the dealer today. The problem turned out to be the MHI BlueTooth Unit itself. The date of manufacture on the bluetooth was 2006, my car is an 08. Dealer swapped out the Unit and 15seconds, it synced the contact list without changing any settings on the phone.