Hoping to rejoin the family

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoping to rejoin the family

hello everyone,

it’s a been a couple years since I started looking at the MB forums again. I had purchased a 2003 e55 with approx 30K for roughly $60k in 2006. Unfortunately for me, my finances changed and I had to make a hard decision of letting go of the car a year later. I ended up leasing a 2007 BMW 335 for about $300 cheaper with my monthly payments. With my lease coming due in about 3 months I’m really considering going back to another 55.

My wife tells me all the time she can still see the look on my face anytime I see 55 drive by or if happen to see one parked somewhere. She understands that finances was the only reason I had to part ways with car the first time around. I can honestly say the pure power of the car was awesome and something I have missed over the years. Now with the new 2010 e63 coming out, I figured this would be a great time within the next couple months to look..

I wanted to see with all of the current 55 owners now with models 04-06 possibly give me some pointers to make the right decision for the next purchase. Are there any distinctive changes from those years that I need to look out for. My 2003 model had a handful of issues with supercharger clutch and I think on the 5th attempt to fix it they finally installed a new supercharger clutch pack to resolve some of those issues for the time being. PS2’s took care of any tires issues which were highly recommend by all the forums users. But those issues were minor and I still enjoyed the car everyday.

I’m thinking of either a 2004 or 2005 model to stay within my finance budget since I assume I will have to look into the extended warranty for the next purchase. I know there were big issues with the so called supercharger chirp which actually sounded decent but it wasn’t pleasant shifting into gears and feeling like it missed all the time was a little bothersome.

Question for recent buyers, are you able to negotiate a pretty good deal with dealers nowadays especially with the launch of the 2010’s coming soon?

I thank everyone in advance for the all the comments and potential advice down the line. It will be 3 years but I look forward to bringing back that smile to the right family!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
The 2005 and 2006 has few more upgrade such as the odometer, upgrade break system, upgrade IC pump, upgrade S.Charge crutch, LED tail light. 03 doesnt come with Navi system.
Overall, better get 2006 and the price is not that more expensive.
Now around $30K to $33k you can find a good E55. I got mine 2006 for $28K + Ext warranty $3K with tax about $34K total. My car has 76K, its a very high mileage car for 2006 thats why I got the ext warranty.
The ext. warranty is with Chrysler for 39 months cover everything and unlimited mileage. Buy a 2006 with Ext. warranty is the best deal for the money. Hope this helps
Old 08-06-2009, 03:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by CharlyE500
The 2005 and 2006 has few more upgrade such as the odometer, upgrade break system, upgrade IC pump, upgrade S.Charge crutch, LED tail light. 03 doesnt come with Navi system.
Overall, better get 2006 and the price is not that more expensive.
Now around $30K to $33k you can find a good E55. I got mine 2006 for $28K + Ext warranty $3K with tax about $34K total. My car has 76K, its a very high mileage car for 2006 thats why I got the ext warranty.
The ext. warranty is with Chrysler for 39 months cover everything and unlimited mileage. Buy a 2006 with Ext. warranty is the best deal for the money. Hope this helps
While many things did change the tail lights and brakes were the same for all years of the E55. SBC had version updates and new SBC pumps come out but they actual brakes were always the same. The updates were done to all cars as well under recall.