Possible E55 spot at a dealership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 08:43 AM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
C63S past: E90 M3 6M, w211 E55
Possible E55 spot at a dealership

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that i've really enjoyed the whole forum. The people here are very enthusiastic, yet not obnoxious like many other forums.

I've been between two dealerships around my area for ordering the e55, and i've finally settled on a dealership (Mercedes of BH, in Michigan) that put me 2nd on the list (arrival-late may). I believe there is either a first or second spot still available at the other dealership. The other dealership still calls me to wonder if I want to put a deposit and option one. The reason I chose to stay with my choice is because of 1) the dealership is much closer, and 2) it didn't require a non-refundable deposit. If anybody is interested in the spot, PM me. Just wanted to give anybody wanting to be on the list a possible chance to not wait as long for the car.

BTW, I decided to get a 2003 because it would be great for the upcoming summer (Woodward Dream Cruise), and that if the NAV doesn't come out, that it can be installed later at the dealership. (There's a euro NAV unit for sale in the SL55 forum).

Thanks,

Ernie
Old 02-20-2003, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats, Ernie.
I can't imagine you'll have anything but love for your new beast.

If you wanted to be very entrepreneurial you could go put a deposit on that other allocation slot, then auction it off on e-Bay. (Though the frenzy is finally dying down, it seems. There is certainly a limited number of individuals out there who are willing to pay $15K just for the opportunity to order an E55).
Old 02-20-2003, 07:47 PM
Almost a Member!

'01 E55 '99 ML430 '96 C4 Cab
Ernie;
Did the dealership tell you that they would install COMAND for you? I passed on an April build because they would not guarantee that they would be able to install COMAND at a later date. I had no luck getting COMAND installed on my '01 E55. MB said that it couldn't be done and the dealer wouldn't get involved. I know it can be done because somebody posted all of the details of the install on this forum. Anyhow, your going to love the car. I live in a rural area with an interstate nearby that is not heavily traveled. I once had two friends in the car who wanted to see what it could do. We hit an open stretch of highway and I opened it up. At 145 mph the backseat passenger, who could not see the speedo, wanted to know why the tractor trailer up ahead was stopped on the highway. She did not feel the speed. Congrats.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:28 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
C63S past: E90 M3 6M, w211 E55
COMAND

My dealer says that they would do the install on the COMAND if it comes out at a later time. Whether he knows it can be done or not, no matter.......I'll be sure to hold him by his word, or else a possible retribution may be in hand . I've read almost too much about this car, and I couldn't wait another year. I wish I had more will power.........

I also think about waiting for the 2004, but i try to think optimistically........i'll have the new body style one more year (actually summer) than the 2004's . In Michigan, it seems as though the summer acts as the whole year for nice cars (damn winters)

About the e55 spot.......it is a non-refundable deposit, so I wouldnt' want to be stuck with 2 e55's.......unless i win the lottery by then Perhaps I should sell the knowledge of an open e55 spot on e-bay......they sell everything there. I could possibly get $50 if i dress up my auction with all the pictures and stats of the car........
Old 02-20-2003, 11:27 PM

Re: COMAND

Originally posted by anerbe
Perhaps I should sell the knowledge of an open e55 spot on e-bay......they sell everything there. I could possibly get $50 if i dress up my auction with all the pictures and stats of the car........

LOL!!
Ain't it the truth.