Sponsored by:

Custom Tuning in the MD/DC/VA area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
RE: Techs to install parts and Tune

Guys, there are a few factory trained and certified techs that do modification to MB AMGs in NoVa, MD- Euromotor Cars- they are the only AMG authorized dealer in the market area and a couple techs at MB of Tysons Corner. Designo Motorsports does alot of exotic modification, but don't have the SDS or XENTRY diag. equipment necessary to monitor the cars after mods, or clear fault codes.... keep in mind that companies that modify ECM data may lock out the MB diag. equipment, and you may end up with various malfunctions throwing in a computer- that should be left for a tune day from a professional company....just my 2 cents
Old 09-02-2009, 05:31 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by socali.luv
Guys, there are a few factory trained and certified techs that do modification to MB AMGs in NoVa, MD- Euromotor Cars- they are the only AMG authorized dealer in the market area and a couple techs at MB of Tysons Corner. Designo Motorsports does alot of exotic modification, but don't have the SDS or XENTRY diag. equipment necessary to monitor the cars after mods, or clear fault codes.... keep in mind that companies that modify ECM data may lock out the MB diag. equipment, and you may end up with various malfunctions throwing in a computer- that should be left for a tune day from a professional company....just my 2 cents
Thanks but none of the people you mentioned actually tunes the ECU to my knowledge. The whole point of this thread is to get a professional company to come tune our benzes
Old 09-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I talked to Wayne from LET today. He is coming September 18-19th!
Old 09-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
bump. Time to make some POWA!
Old 09-08-2009, 06:15 PM

E55 Estate
BB,
Do you have a different phone # for Wayne? I have had no luck with the # from the website.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Estate55
BB,
Do you have a different phone # for Wayne? I have had no luck with the # from the website.
Its hit or miss with them. Sometimes I can reach them and sometimes I cant. It would be nice to know all the details for the tuning day, we are only a little over a week away!
Old 09-09-2009, 02:38 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Wayne will be posting shortly...just got off the phone with him.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Jerry@LETMotorsports
Wayne will be posting shortly...just got off the phone with him.
Thanks Jerry!
Old 09-09-2009, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
what's the dealio w/ this...if it's on Fri 18th I'll come out and check it out...maybe dyno for a baseline like Clayton...on Sat the 19th I'll be at the AT Speed Motorsports open house and show...I know a lot of you are interested in this also...if that's so maybe let those who plan on going to the show Sat get their LET tunes done on Fri? I'm mainly going to hang out and chill for a min...if I get on the dyno for a baseline cool if not that's cool also...I have LETs stage 1 tune which I can't feel any power difference so it'd be nice to dyno to see if there was any
Old 09-09-2009, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by Sunir
I have LETs stage 1 tune which I can't feel any power difference so it'd be nice to dyno to see if there was any
Wait Sunir, I must misunderstood what you wrote, you didn't feel difference with stage 1(pulley,ecu) and stock tune? I am officially won't able to make it Couple more weeks would help me to order a pulley, install it and then to do a custom tune. I guess I will have to wait for a next one.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Karlson
Wait Sunir, I must misunderstood what you wrote, you didn't feel difference with stage 1(pulley,ecu) and stock tune? I am officially won't able to make it Couple more weeks would help me to order a pulley, install it and then to do a custom tune. I guess I will have to wait for a next one.
No I just have their Stage 1 flash for stock parameters... not a pulley with tune

I got this done by Tony from LET...he was down here in late May/early June and he flashed my ecu with a file he recieved from Wayne Sustrunk for a stock SL55 I believe....LET can chime in but I'm pretty sure that's what he did.

I drove the car immidiately after as per Tony's instruction that and really didn't feel that much of a difference, I was told that the car needed time to re-learn and to drive it harder so that it would, which I had done during the test-drive. Regardless I did just that the following few weeks; plus I took the car onto a racing circuit at VIR since I instruct track/driving events for MBCA GWS chapter and they had an event mid June...so I was full throttle on a race track which you can't get a better environment for adaptive ECU...still, even till this day I don't really feel a difference?
Old 09-10-2009, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
I guess only Dyno numbers can prove if Stage 1 for stock settings gives extra hp's
Old 09-10-2009, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
No I just have their Stage 1 flash for stock parameters... not a pulley with tune

I got this done by Tony from LET...he was down here in late May/early June and he flashed my ecu with a file he recieved from Wayne Sustrunk for a stock SL55 I believe....LET can chime in but I'm pretty sure that's what he did.

I drove the car immidiately after as per Tony's instruction that and really didn't feel that much of a difference, I was told that the car needed time to re-learn and to drive it harder so that it would, which I had done during the test-drive. Regardless I did just that the following few weeks; plus I took the car onto a racing circuit at VIR since I instruct track/driving events for MBCA GWS chapter and they had an event mid June...so I was full throttle on a race track which you can't get a better environment for adaptive ECU...still, even till this day I don't really feel a difference?
Sunir,

Did you run your SL55 ar VIR previously? If so, did you turn better lap times after the LET tune?
Old 09-10-2009, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Clay id be interested in seeing what you baseline
Old 09-10-2009, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
I've driven the SL55 on closed circuits in stock configuration, VIR being one of those, in fact one of my students had a stock e55 there at that event.

I know what the car should be doing coming up to the braking zone on both straights and how to gauge by feeling how the car pulls through the powerband in certain sections of the track with a certain index or landmark (i,e. under the bridge and entry speed onto the uphill esses, oak tree corner exit to markers 2 and 3 at the braking zone, corner exit onto the front straight and terminal speed & rpm at the end of that straight approaching Turn 1). Ironicly I could feel nor observe any difference with my car and the stock SL55 in any of these measures.

I perhaps should have done a before and after dyno when I got the flash done; but I was not comfortable with the dyno that they had at that event; non-load bearing, mobile tow behind configuration, etc...ideally I'd like an in-ground eddy current mustang dyno for measurements
Old 09-10-2009, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
ideally I'd like an in-ground eddy current mustang dyno for measurements
you really only need an eddy-type dyno for tuning as it places load to tune for real world driving and part throttle....any dyno jet would suffice for you to just dyno the car for a baseline
Old 09-10-2009, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JAYCL600
Clay id be interested in seeing what you baseline
Me too. I mean, thing thing feels fast...real fast. But look what I have to measure it against. A tuned E500 and an R500. I mean...c'mon.

I just wanna make sure it's healthy before I start doing anything to it. Even an unhealthy V12TT is gonna feel fast compared to the other cars I own.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:17 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
What was the final decision on location for this?
Old 09-11-2009, 11:22 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
...ideally I'd like an in-ground eddy current mustang dyno for measurements

Hey Sunir... these guys are 5min from my house and charge $125/hr.

http://www.totalperf.com/chassis_dyno.html

http://www.mustangdyne.com/MD-1750-SE.htm

Brian
Old 09-11-2009, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by BrianS
Hey Sunir... these guys are 5min from my house and charge $125/hr.

http://www.totalperf.com/chassis_dyno.html

http://www.mustangdyne.com/MD-1750-SE.htm

Brian
Brian that sounds ideal...Ahmad this would work for a tuning dyno...you guys may like to look into this for a location for out of town tuners...

good find bro!
Old 09-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by BrianS
What was the final decision on location for this?
I have no idea It would be good to know though. Its just one week away and there are no details at all
Brian that sounds ideal...Ahmad this would work for a tuning dyno...you guys may like to look into this for a location for out of town tuners...

good find bro!
What's wrong with a dynodynamics? Unfortunately I dont choose when/where the tuning gets done. Otherwise I wouldn't have been waiting however many months its been to get a tune!
Old 09-11-2009, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Mustang dynos are great for tuning...most race cars and teams use this for calibrations to things like Stack or Motec engine managment systems. For incremental rpm/AFR tuning for an ECU in this case a custom tune this type of dyno is the one I've seen most competition vehicles using.

just my $.02 fwiw
Old 09-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Mustang dynos are great for tuning...most race cars and teams use this for calibrations to things like Stack or Motec engine managment systems. For incremental rpm/AFR tuning for an ECU in this case a custom tune this type of dyno is the one I've seen most competition vehicles using.

just my $.02 fwiw
So you think its better because more people you know use it? Both are load bearing, what makes the mustang dyno superior to dynodynamics?
Old 09-11-2009, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Looks like LET/Eurocharged might need to bring out that fancy new V12TT tune they have for my car.

Damn you Wayne/Jerry! I didn't want to spend anymore before Spring!
Old 09-11-2009, 03:06 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Looks like LET/Eurocharged might need to bring out that fancy new V12TT tune they have for my car.

Damn you Wayne/Jerry! I didn't want to spend anymore before Spring!
sooooooooo worth it....the tuned car was amazing!

Night and day!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Custom Tuning in the MD/DC/VA area