Sponsored by:

Alternator/low battery stop vehicle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 02:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Prius because I'm green
Alternator/low battery stop vehicle

So I been getting the low battery conv. features off line followed by a alternator/battery stop vehicle warning. I took it into MB and they said the voltage coming from the alternator is good but both batteries came back as having bad cells. Clearly I need to replace them to further rule out any other issues. The BCU was updated which stopped the function from coming on and the car was given back so I can replace the batteries on my own to save cost and to see if the warning would come back on again. Sure enough two days after getting the car back I turned the heated seats on and both warnings came back up. Anybody know of a clear reason for what causes this to happen or is it just normal wear for these cars?

If you have any suggestions on what brand and where to shop around for both batteries I'd greatly appreciate it! If I went through the dealer it would be $400 just for the batteries, no thanks!

I also need both rear hubs and bearings replaced and I'll take any suggestions on that! Thanks everyone!