Sponsored by:

Newbie nav question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 09:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C63s
Newbie nav question

Does the e55 come prewired for the navigation unit?
Old 10-21-2009, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
if you are talking about 2006 then I think so. But you will need navi antenna, I didn't see a single 06 without navi thou.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:02 PM

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
2003 E55 AMG; 2013 GL550 4Matic; 2003 CL600
Pull off the left trunk panel, you should see some bundled wires and a frame. If you do, then yes it is prewired. You will need to connect those to the nav drive, and insert the drive into the MOST loop by re-connecting a few cables under the rear left door.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:06 PM

2016 C63s
Thanks that's exactly what I have. Anyone have a tutorial up on a step by step install?
Originally Posted by mekantor
Pull off the left trunk panel, you should see some bundled wires and a frame. If you do, then yes it is prewired. You will need to connect those to the nav drive, and insert the drive into the MOST loop by re-connecting a few cables under the rear left door.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:15 PM

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
2003 E55 AMG; 2013 GL550 4Matic; 2003 CL600
Originally Posted by izzynyc
Thanks that's exactly what I have. Anyone have a tutorial up on a step by step install?
There are some scattered around this site, but I can tell you from memory based on my car:

The electrical harness, GPS harness (blue connector), and the MOST interface plug into the drive, slide the drive into the frame, it will click once it is in.

The other end of the GPS connector is a small metal coaxial connector that has to go to the GPS antenna. On the inside of the fender there, you will either have a GPS splitter, or a black frame where the GPS antenna plugs into the TeleAid cable. You can unplug TeleAid and plug in the nav drive antenna, but TeleAid will give you an error every time you start the car.

To add the drive to the MOST loop, open the rear-left door, and peel back the insulation around the frame, its soft and just stays with its own tension. Then unclip the plastic covers, they are held down by small metal clips and will just unsnap. Eventually you will peel back the carpet a bit to reveal a bunch of wires. Dig around for 2 unconnected orange wires, and black harness that joins another set of orange wires. You have to unclip that harness, and plug in the other disconnected ends into each end. If that doesnt work correctly, reverse the connection.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:42 PM

2016 C63s
Thanks Mekantor. This helps alot. I am about to purchase a nav drive from someone and deeded to know for sure.
Originally Posted by mekantor
There are some scattered around this site, but I can tell you from memory based on my car:

The electrical harness, GPS harness (blue connector), and the MOST interface plug into the drive, slide the drive into the frame, it will click once it is in.

The other end of the GPS connector is a small metal coaxial connector that has to go to the GPS antenna. On the inside of the fender there, you will either have a GPS splitter, or a black frame where the GPS antenna plugs into the TeleAid cable. You can unplug TeleAid and plug in the nav drive antenna, but TeleAid will give you an error every time you start the car.

To add the drive to the MOST loop, open the rear-left door, and peel back the insulation around the frame, its soft and just stays with its own tension. Then unclip the plastic covers, they are held down by small metal clips and will just unsnap. Eventually you will peel back the carpet a bit to reveal a bunch of wires. Dig around for 2 unconnected orange wires, and black harness that joins another set of orange wires. You have to unclip that harness, and plug in the other disconnected ends into each end. If that doesnt work correctly, reverse the connection.