W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: How long should you wait for a refund from Vadim?
You shouldn't have ordered from him in the first place!
33.85%
One month is plenty.
58.46%
Eh....six months is long enough.
4.62%
I'm really patient and don't mind lending money. A year or more!
3.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

How long should you wait for a refund from VADIM?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 10:32 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Originally Posted by AMGSC
I think we should just change this from a complaint thread to an public apology thread. Your top-mount intercooler will be your reward.
OMG, how Awsome!!!
Whats Vadim's paypal address, I wanna be the first to get one

Seriously, theres something wrong with you.... seriously
Old 11-03-2009, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Haaaaa! Keep giving him plugs!
Old 11-03-2009, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
I'm done posting...Sorry Turk. Continue filing your complaints here.
I'm not saying he's without fault. Heck he's apologized to me many times.
I genuinely feel bad for those who got the shaft. As for me I took a risk and I'm living with it. I'm in too deep to give up until the end.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Something's fishy here.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
It sounds to me like most everybody got their money back although a long delay? For those who were not refunded was it due to a R&D joint venture that was cancelled by customers after costs were already incurred (i.e. 63 SC kit)? Why don't we start a list of those who truly did not get a refund after 3 months and the amounts owed/claimed?

Robert, start with me. I loaned Vadim $5k well over a year ago. Of it, I was able to slowly deduct for parts or services that I got but he never bothered repaying my money. I am in the process of suing him now and will make it public and ugly. As usual, you are jumping the gun. While I agree with you that R&D costs money, I know plenty like myself that simply got scammed by a friend. this is now personal and he will get his.

BTW, while Vadim was instrumental in the development of the MB products at EVOSport, he was NEVER an owner. He was an employee and it was his job to develop products for the MB. Sounds more like good business model by EVO.

PC needs to decide who they want to sleep with and what it stands for. They went from being a world renowned, alothough somehwhat generic to being a local custom tuning outfit. That is something that PC in Australia needs to get under control. How many tunes do you think come out of PC that are actually put on the books?

Like a previous poster said. Please throw in your $10k for a tune so that others can be made whole.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by efivefiveamg
Something's fishy here.
Robert has always been looking for his freebie angle. Vadim is really stretching to have Robert be his voice. LOL!!
Old 11-03-2009, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by jangy
Robert has always been looking for his freebie angle. Vadim is really stretching to have Robert be his voice. LOL!!
Excuse me...Freebie??? Does over $35K and another $14K come with any freebies?

The pics of Turks' headers were god aweful and I agree that high school metal shop students could do better but there will always be small number of defects (typically 1-3% is standard in most businesses) that was missed by QC. They should have been rejected upon first inspection.

As for missing refunds or late shipments, this happens all the time when businesses are struggling due to the economy, partnership dissolutions, capital shortage and the revenue interruptions caused by extraordinary events like fire which all contributed to dried up cash flow. He was hit within a short period of time.

I'm sure hope he can recover and make things right for everyone left holding the bag and waiting...Myself included.

FINALLY, PC is so vindictive that Vadim is working on my car at another shop. I'd rather blow up my motor than let PC touch it. The top 5 MB timeslip cars run VRP tunes and NOT PC's! You get the hint.

Last edited by AMGSC; 11-03-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Excuse me...Freebie??? Does over $35K and another $14K come with any freebies?
I don't think anyone has doubted that you throw good money after bad. Nobody ever said you won't dump in some money. the problem is that you did it back when you and the "tuner" knew you had a bad motor to begin with. You had issues and it takes freebies (HOUR AFTER HOUR of troubleshooting) to shut you up. Is this any different? You went from pissed for paying for a new 55k motor and not having it take. Now, you don't care, LOL!!

The pics of Turks' headers were god aweful and I agree that high school metal shop students could do better but there will always be small number of defects (typically 1-3% is standard in most businesses) that was missed by QC. They should have been rejected upon first inspection.
Whatever you say. We both know the truth. It isn't an assembly line so you can save the delta six assumptions. These, along with most of VRP / FDs products are made in batch mode. Missing one bad build in a pck of ten is hard and not likely. My guess is that the fabricator moved on. He did good work. i know first hand. Maybe Vadim is welding on his own now? Since you say the headers were simply a fluke, I am sure you will love a similar one on your car? I doubt you will ever have 8 cylinders running at once anyway.

As for missing refunds or late shipments, this happens all the time when businesses are struggling due to the economy, partnership dissolutions, capital shortage and the revenue interruptions caused by extraordinary events like fire which all contributed to dried up cash flow. He was hit within a short period of time.
TOUGH CRAP. Nobody asked what his issues were. We are all responsible for ourselves and playing victim to your circumstances is a cop out. Make your destiny, don't succumb to it. Vadim made a choice to go to the dark side. He screwed me as a friend and I do not let that slide.

I'm sure hope he can recover and make things right for everyone left holding the bag and waiting...Myself included.
There are far too many holding bags to think that anyone will get theirs back unless they "play" ball with him. Instead, i will continue to pursue my legal rights.

I can't wait to see how your $10k tune does for the 55k. I am sure you will finally have a C32 or whatever that is intended to be....
Old 11-04-2009, 12:04 AM

R350
Buyer Beware

3 months... the only reason i got my refund is because Visa issued a chargeback.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:14 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
This thread is the best thread ever.... It would be a shame if it got closed, and I mean that.

Jangy sorry to hear about your raw deal. The list keeps growing ( in no set oder)

Robert, Just hold back on posting about your car, deadlines, records and what not, until the time is right.. These guys here will slaughter you, and You cant really blame them. Dont feed the wildlife.

Vadim has a valid account here. He always talked about handling things like adults. So Lets let him defend himself. Lets let him answer to all the people that have come forward.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:30 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I wrote the $$ off and handed it of to my brother for recovery. Best case, I'll only ever see a fraction of what he owes me but it will at least cost him dearly to get there. My case is personal so the owness is on me to do what I can. We will soon know exactly what assets (if any) are within his professional and personal reach.

I don't wish it so, but this thread is numbered.....You will never be alowed to gather a tally of victims. After all, victims don't pay sponsor fees or bring repeat business. All they do is try to warn of scams which is bad for business.

Trust me. Take action while he can be found.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG 030
Also...if you guys retract your bashes of Vadim, he might even offer you guys his revolutionary top-mount intercoolers. Nobody has done them before and 55K records will be broken once again.
RENNtech has had them out for a couple years now.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
FINALLY, PC is so vindictive that Vadim is working on my car at another shop. I'd rather blow up my motor than let PC touch it. The top 5 MB timeslip cars run VRP tunes and NOT PC's! You get the hint.
What top 5 are you talking about?
Old 11-04-2009, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by RenntechE55
RENNtech has had them out for a couple years now.
Yeah, for 15k.....
Old 11-04-2009, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Yeah, for 15k.....
better to get them for $15k then never receive them from Vadim for $5k
Old 11-04-2009, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Karlson
better to get them for $15k then never receive them from Vadim for $5k
Why don't you go and do that and post back the results. I hear that the one car they did put it on it didn't gain much. Me personally, I wouldn't spend crap on either one.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Exactly what I was thinkin?

Why don't you go and do that and post back the results. I hear that the one car they did put it on it didn't gain much. Me personally, I wouldn't spend crap on either one.
Cause you don't need them!
Old 11-04-2009, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Haha...more power is always needed but we just need to look elsewhere besides top mounts. If someone hasn't done it yet with proven results I believe it's not happening.

Good luck Sun at Famoso, it seems you'll be the one representing the West coast for the E55's. I know you'll have amazing results and hopefully the target will be on your back...LOL.

BTW AMGSC....Sun has a custom PC tune and he'll be one of the fastest E's on that list.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Haha...more power is always needed but we just need to look elsewhere besides top mounts. If someone hasn't done it yet with proven results I believe it's not happening.

Good luck Sun at Famoso, it seems you'll be the one representing the West coast for the E55's. I know you'll have amazing results and hopefully the target will be on your back...LOL.

BTW AMGSC....Sun has a custom PC tune and he'll be one of the fastest E's on that list.
I guess yer right. You can NEVER have enough power...

I'll do my best to rep the West Coast E55's along with the other TRUE heavy hittin socal E55er's down here. Anything better than my last time out is good enough for me!
Old 11-04-2009, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
I guess yer right. You can NEVER have enough power...

I'll do my best to rep the West Coast E55's along with the other TRUE heavy hittin socal E55er's down here. Anything better than my last time out is good enough for me!
True that. You and Ed should do well this year at Famoso..... I just wish I was there to run along side of you guys.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
The problem with the top mounts is..Who wants a big thing on top that looks like a pile of sheet metal??

My take is: You might cool the charge down some, but what to you do about the drop in boost before it reaches the combustion chamber? IMO, it might just be a trade off power wise.

Edit: On another note. I'm going to call my Internet Brands Rep. and see what they are going to do about this. The list is big and it seems to keep growing.

Last edited by hooleyboy; 11-04-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Did your 55k injectors turn up? There is NO WAY, you and going to get a big power tune with the C55 stock injectors. The duty cycle will be maxed out well before the numbers you want = big time lean.
I can attest to this.
It's not over until it's over. btw...Why am I so stubborn? Last time I checked VRP/FD cars hold 90% of the MB timeslip records on Dragtimes. Even that Nitrous S600 was Vadim's work I was told.
Wtf are you talkin about? Vadim had never touched my car and neither has PC. The S600 with the overall record has a Renntech tune, esienmann exhaust, and 150shot of nitrous as far as I know, nothing to do with Vadim. Nate's old car was tuned by PC, not Vadim. Shall I go on?
I can't believe you still trust Vadim. Friday is only a few days away, it's just another one of his empty promises. What will you do when friday comes and passes with no results??? Didn't you already say the car feels twice as powerful? And now you're saying it's on stock injectors and lower compression? Unless you upped the boost your car is actually making less power! Guess its been so long since you drove it that you forgot how it felt.

Actually Alan, Sun, and Nates old car are running PC tunes NOT Vadims I would never personally run a PC tune due to their customer service and what happens when **** hits the fan (blown engines)
Old 11-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Why do these threads keep getting moved to places with less traffic???
Old 11-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by Sunir
Holy crap man...those headers look like they've been put together with JB weld!
JB Weld would have been smoother Sunir!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
yeah...what top 5 are you talking about!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How long should you wait for a refund from VADIM?