W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: How long should you wait for a refund from Vadim?
You shouldn't have ordered from him in the first place!
33.85%
One month is plenty.
58.46%
Eh....six months is long enough.
4.62%
I'm really patient and don't mind lending money. A year or more!
3.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

How long should you wait for a refund from VADIM?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by AMGSC
My appointment has already been made for Nov 16th Monday 8am with Cory@Kleemann.
If I demand too much boost and they don't want the risk then my next stop is Richard@Renntech/DynoComp on the way back from CO for the final drop-off. Vadim is already aware of this.

I am also on the hunt for the another car that is more mod-friendly, German 4-door with 2-3 years of depreciaton.
Although not a Kleemann dealer, I'm not sure Richard is going to want a car to come to his shop that Kleemann turns away. He does respect them and their expertise. He would basically take your car in because I told him to do me a favor.

Right now he's sitting on the dyno (as I type this). He is super swamped with work. He's had many of late night away from his family. He's got a 599GTB in the shop and that is a huge project. So because I asked him to do this he would find time to fit you in. Once your car starts moving from shop to shop thats when Richard is going to see the red flag.

The last thing Rich is going to want to do is clean his AWD dyno up if the motor goes.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by Havoc
We need to put another 700 miles on my 5.7L for break-in so a trip to Vegas will get that done in one weekend.
Thats not the kind of miles you want to put on a new motor break in. Driving through a city is.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Thats not the kind of miles you want to put on a new motor break in. Driving through a city is.
Yep.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Havoc, You need to put that motor through heat cycles, NEVER a set RPM for extended time, and never get on it. You are due for an oil change in 200 miles. if you miss that you could be screwed. You have to constantly check your fluids. If you drive your car from Cali to Vegas your piston ring will never seat in right. Leading to...
Never reaching its power limit
Compromised engine life
Big time oil consumption.
all around crappy motor.

Do your self a favor and find a street with lots of lights and catch all of them. You cant rush an engine break in.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by chiromikey
I remember when he said that and cautioned him then. but in his defense, if he would have spent that kind of money with a reputable tuner/builder he would have been right...

I humbly disagree the main reason I captured his overzealous lame quote was, Robert thinks it's a given to run those record ET's/Traps once given the keys to a 600-700 rwhp C55 when we all know plenty of practice/skill/tech/drag setup tweaks/weather conditions etc are involved, just look @ Blackbenz (hell plenty of skilled old school'ers like yourself have yet to dip into the 10's OFF nitrous & been @ it for yrs)

Robert, would most certainly plant that Franken-mobile into the wall @ 330' mark, he needs to sell his kidneys/house & buy a Bugatti Veyron to accomplish turn key 10's that platform is fit for a local idiot to pilot record #'s

Last edited by Thericker; 11-04-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Although not a Kleemann dealer, I'm not sure Richard is going to want a car to come to his shop that Kleemann turns away. He does respect them and their expertise. He would basically take your car in because I told him to do me a favor.

Right now he's sitting on the dyno (as I type this). He is super swamped with work. He's had many of late night away from his family. He's got a 599GTB in the shop and that is a huge project. So because I asked him to do this he would find time to fit you in. Once your car starts moving from shop to shop thats when Richard is going to see the red flag.

The last thing Rich is going to want to do is clean his AWD dyno up if the motor goes.
Ok. I'll visit Richard first to see if he is willing take it to a safe limit. I'm also bringing my spare block to see if he is willing to build me a 6.1 TT motor.

If he declines both then I'll lower my expectations as to boost and low 10 aspirations and settle for 10.50 ET at 132 trap. Does that sound more reasonable? I was just a little worried that he might not try to do his best being that you have a competing C55 and you don't like or trust Vadim's work.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Havoc, You need to put that motor through heat cycles, NEVER a set RPM for extended time, and never get on it. You are due for an oil change in 200 miles. if you miss that you could be screwed. You have to constantly check your fluids. If you drive your car from Cali to Vegas your piston ring will never seat in right. Leading to...
Never reaching its power limit
Compromised engine life
Big time oil consumption.
all around crappy motor.

Do your self a favor and find a street with lots of lights and catch all of them. You cant rush an engine break in.
This applies to me also. So is this advice straight from Richard and DynoComp?When you say catch all the lights, do you mean miss them so it's stop and launch over and over again?
Old 11-04-2009, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Back to your regularely scheduled programming

Sorry for jacking your thread turk. Keep the greviances coming. As I said before why don't we start a sign up list with name, claim desc, amount due and how long waiting.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
This applies to me also. So is this advice straight from Richard and DynoComp?When you say catch all the lights, do you mean miss them so it's stop and launch over and over again?
I mean stop at all the lights. Richard and his guys build big power motors all the time. Time and time again its the people that listen to him end up with the best built motors.

On new Cosworth motors that he builds, He breaks those in himself. He will drive the car home and around just to make sure its broken in right. There is a lot at risk with a 20K Cosworth engine. You have to break it in right to get the most out of the car.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I mean stop at all the lights. Richard and his guys build big power motors all the time. Time and time again its the people that listen to him end up with the best built motors.

On new Cosworth motors that he builds, He breaks those in himself. He will drive the car home and around just to make sure its broken in right. There is a lot at risk with a 20K Cosworth engine. You have to break it in right to get the most out of the car.
I will be coming on Friday the 13th. I should arrive before 4pm. Can you ask him if he can inspect the vehicle when it arrives?
Old 11-04-2009, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sorry for jacking your thread turk. Keep the greviances coming. As I said before why don't we start a sign up list with name, claim desc, amount due and how long waiting.
bump...
Old 11-04-2009, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Wow, I can only sit back and wonder (in shock) as this thread (and related events) take on so many different turns in absolute random/chaotic fashion even after the "already-messy" beginning
Old 11-04-2009, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So these record-breaking times that some claim were PC's work and not VRP's may or has already been breaking engines!!!!

Please expound on your comment. Now I understand the rumors of Jessie who started with the same software program.

I sure would'nt want to sacrifice another engine for the sake of breaking a record.
Blackbenzz, can you please share some of these rumors? There are plenty of guys here that run PC custom tunes or planning to. I'm not one of them. Maybe it would be fair to warn them if you know something they don't.

I heard some stuff from a reputable source (biggest MB tuner in the world) but will absolutely not disclose due to sworn confidentiality.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Wow, I can only sit back and wonder (in shock) as this thread (and related events) take on so many different turns in absolute random/chaotic fashion even after the "already-messy" beginning
This might be one of the biggest hijacked threads of late. Its full of some of the strangest turn of events ever. I've never seen so many twists and turns in one thread. I need to put coilovers on my eyes to take all of this in.

This thread is the best thread ever. I've been taking time out of my day just to read this thread.

This thread has become a subforum in its self.

Maybe to but this thread back on track (never going to happen). What does MBworld admins and IB do with all these complaints?
Old 11-04-2009, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
This might be one of the biggest hijacked threads of late. Its full of some of the strangest turn of events ever. I've never seen so many twists and turns in one thread. I need to put coilovers on my eyes to take all of this in.

This thread is the best thread ever. I've been taking time out of my day just to read this thread.

This thread has become a subforum in its self.

Maybe to but this thread back on track (never going to happen). What does MBworld admins and IB do with all these complaints?
I'm not sure the admins/IB staff are even reading this? And even if they were, I wonder what they can do aside from banning someone In the mean time, the list seems to be growing and a lot of the underground guys are now surfacing.

Very interesting thread indeed....
Old 11-04-2009, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by Havoc
We need to put another 700 miles on my 5.7L for break-in so a trip to Vegas will get that done in one weekend.
you don't need 1000 miles to break in a motor. a load bearing dyno and a few minutes will do it right. what, are we back in the 70's or something???
Old 11-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Blackbenzz, can you please share some of these rumors? There are plenty of guys here that run PC custom tunes or planning to. I'm not one of them. Maybe it would be fair to warn them if you know something they don't.

I heard some stuff from a reputable source (biggest MB tuner in the world) but will absolutely not disclose due to sworn confidentiality.
So you won't say anything "due to sworn confidentiality" but you want others to spill the beans?
Old 11-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
I'm not sure the admins/IB staff are even reading this? And even if they were, I wonder what they can do aside from banning someone In the mean time, the list seems to be growing and a lot of the underground guys are now surfacing.

Very interesting thread indeed....
Not saying I'm anybody, but most of us who are on here alot (and I'm sure you included) knew about this stuff in the underworld for a long time.

This should make for some crazy/funny conversations at Famoso
Old 11-04-2009, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by Thericker
I humbly disagree the main reason I captured his overzealous lame quote was, Robert thinks it's a given to run those record ET's/Traps once given the keys to a 600-700 rwhp C55 when we all know plenty of practice/skill/tech/drag setup tweaks/weather conditions etc are involved, just look @ Blackbenz (hell plenty of skilled old school'ers like yourself have yet to dip into the 10's OFF nitrous & been @ it for yrs)

Robert, would most certainly plant that Franken-mobile into the wall @ 330' mark, he needs to sell his kidneys/house & buy a Bugatti Veyron to accomplish turn key 10's that platform is fit for a local idiot to pilot record #'s
but remember...i'm just dabbling with bolt-ons. if i was willing to put over $35k into my 55 it would have run in the 10's years ago.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Record breaking times and who tuned ECU

Quick tally of top 13 timeslips on Dragtimes and ECU vendor listed.

Vendor - Ranking
Renntech - 1,5,7,11,13
VRP - 2,3,4,9
Kleemann - 6,8,12
Powerchip - 10

Disregarding the safety of the tunes, it looks like Renntech is the winner, followed by VRP. PC brings up the rear.

Last edited by AMGSC; 11-04-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Congrats but you are still not completely done. So...If he can't finish my car your car won't get started. Should we both laugh or cry?

btw...This Friday is out. ETA is now Tuesday... F*CK!
Hate to say it but... I told you so. Tuesday will come and pass as well
So these record-breaking times that some claim were PC's work and not VRP's may or has already been breaking engines!!!!

Please expound on your comment. Now I understand the rumors of Jessie who started with the same software program.

I sure would'nt want to sacrifice another engine for the sake of breaking a record. That's why Kleemann or Renntech is the ONLY way to go for me. They both agreed to custom-tune my car!!! HURRAY!
I never said the record breaking cars blew up. Dig deep enough and you will find a board members car blew up with a PC tune and they basically turned their backs on this person. I dont want to go into details.
Originally Posted by Thericker

Thanks
I will be coming on Friday the 13th.
Friday the 13th? Fitting

Last edited by blackbenzz; 11-04-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
+1

It's a child asking multiple questions and never letting anything sink in. It's a surreal dream. There's no rhyme or reason for the direction it goes.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG

The blown engine Ahmad is talking about is Benzgal. This happened a couple to few years back. It's hard to believe you haven't heard of this.

Every tuner has their so called "problems" and it seems that this one particular problem will haunt PC for years to come. There are many different sides to this story as discussed in another thread. I'm not saying it's true or not true, I don't have all the facts to make that decision and I hear different things from both parties. The only thing I could tell you is that PC has been doing a excellent job custom tuning cars as of lately....Jeremy is the "man" IMO.

FYI...there are other tuners or tuner on this forum that has been known to have a few problems. There are also some of the same members that sit here and bash one vendor but not the other....headers, tuning, and some other issues. Should we discuss all???

If you can't discuss it why even bring it up?
Stop trying to stir the pot and concentrate on getting your car up and running....all this **** is getting old quickly.

BTW...any car out there looking to get a custom tune I would highly recommend PC. Jeremy has done a wonderful job on some of the strongest running MB's. There's me, Benzboi, Blue moster, JikJak, and URnext. 2 of the cars here hold the #1 spot on dragtimes.AMGSC, did you ever answer that question about the top five MB's???

Last edited by bassn_07; 11-05-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bassn_07
.AMGSC, did you ever answer that question about the top five MB's???
Instead of heresay, I looked it up myself. See above. If you say VRP is PC, then why didn't the owners list PC? More under-the-table ****? So now Wayne is taking it out on me to set an example?

Jeremy was almost sent packing back to Aussie land a few months ago. You knew about it. I saw his luggage on the shop floor and was told exactly that.

Last edited by AMGSC; 11-05-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Instead of heresay, I looked it up myself. See above. If you say VRP is PC, then why didn't the owners list PC? More under-the-table ****? So now Wayne is taking it out on me to set an example?

I think Jeremy was almost sent packing back to Aussie land a few months ago. You knew about it.
Everyone knows VRP used PC to tune. Why do you think Vadim referred you to them?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How long should you wait for a refund from VADIM?