MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   ***Official MBWorld Pay It Forward thread *** (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/324511-official-mbworld-pay-forward-thread.html)

Benz-O-Rama 11-05-2009 07:56 PM

***Official MBWorld Pay It Forward thread ***

A Couple years back Rock was kind enough to bestow upon me, a set of Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s, in a sort of raffle. Since then, I've seen a few threads matching this type of generosity and kindness. Recently, Sean aka TheRicker recently payed it forward with an SL63 rear spoiler. With all of the recent threads about MBWorld members getting scammed, or losing thousands of dollars at the hands of unscrupulous vendors, I thought it would be nice if we could change the atmosphere a bit with a thread about kindness.

The rules:

A member posts a **free** P.I.F. item. Any MBWorld member, with a minimum of 100 posts is eligible to receive this item. The giver will take names, via post and/or PM for a time lenght they see fit, at which time the giver will put all names in a hat and pull out the winner. The winner will be notified via PM and announced in this thread. It is up to the giver if the winner is responsible for shipping, and this must be stated in the giver's original post.

The only other rule is that winner MUST and I repeat MUST have an item available that they are willing to Pay It Forward with. If you don't, please don't apply to be a winner. The life of this thread is reliant upon the winner actually Paying It Forward

I'll start.

I have a brand new H7 HID kit w/ ballasts, bulbs and mounting hardware. If I recall, they are 4500* Kelvin, matching OEM color. I originally purchased these for my wife's R500 but never got around to installing them. They will fit any H7 application and purchase price was $150.00. I was told, when I purchased them, that you do not need the little in-line capacitor and it will not throw a warning or code.

I am Paying It Forward because of Rock's generosity. I will accept names until 8:00pm 11/7/2009 at which time, I'll put all names in a hat and ship to winner, at my expense. Again, please do not apply unless you have an item that you're willing P.I.F with.

Here's pics of what you'll get:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...y/DSC_0568.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...y/DSC_0569.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...y/DSC_0571.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...y/DSC_0572.jpg

C'mon guys. Let's really try to keep this thread going. In these hard times, a little bit of kindness can go a long way. :y

--Clayton

c32AMG-DTM 11-05-2009 09:25 PM

While I have no use for your particular prize (so will not attempt to win it), I applaud your efforts to lighten the mood here and restore some goodwill amongst fellow enthusiasts; kudos to you, sir. :y

Rock 11-05-2009 09:31 PM

Clayton..........I am touched. I knew I did the right thing when I passed the PS2s to you.:bow:

I will offer a set of almost new drop-in E55 green filters (less than 1K). I am happy to pay for shipping for any deserving member.

It is so nice to see other members paying it forward. I have been helped more than a few times from generous members on this site and too often it goes unnoticed (thanks Vic!).

Benz-O-Rama 11-05-2009 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rock (Post 3798396)
Clayton..........I am touched. I knew I did the right thing when I passed the PS2s to you.:bow:

I will offer a set of almost new drop-in E55 green filters (less than 1000K). I am happy to pay for shipping for any deserving member.

It is so nice to see other members paying it forward. I have been helped more than a few times from generous members on this site and too often it goes unnoticed (thanks Vic!).

BAD ASS!

Two at once.

Yeah man, you touched me that day. And not in a weird Priest/Alter boy kinda way.

BenzoBoi 11-05-2009 10:24 PM

Great F-in thread! :y

splinter 11-05-2009 10:29 PM

Pretty sure no one here is interested in my C giveaways. Swell idea though.

Good looking flooring and finish carpentry you’ve there, Benz-O-Rama.

Benz-O-Rama 11-05-2009 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by splinter (Post 3798490)
Pretty sure no one here is interested in my C giveaways. Swell idea though.

Good looking flooring and finish carpentry you’ve there, Benz-O-Rama.

Amount of P.I.F. item is of no consequence. Even something like a box of mechanic's latex gloves. It's really not the price of the item, but the generosity behind it.

You'd be surprised how many people could use parts from a C-Class. Hell, it doesn't even need to be car junk. Wife's panties will do. :D

And I just noticed the dust bunny in the pic. :D

Maids come Friday.

MJ50 11-05-2009 11:10 PM

great start! :y
if it goes well on 211 thread, then we can move to classifieds or something...

MB_Forever 11-05-2009 11:39 PM

Great thread Clayton.... I'm glad threads like this one are still possible around here :y

hooleyboy 11-06-2009 12:10 AM

This is a great thread..

I've had many of members here hook it up Evan (Cruzinquick) gave me a set of slightly used slicks. Just, because he wanted to see what I would run. Then ChiroMikey Hooked it up with some E55 cams, to help be see my power number goals. (being installed tomorrow).

I starting my own thread and I'm giving something away for free too.

Benz-O-Rama 11-06-2009 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by hooleyboy (Post 3798646)
This is a great thread..

I've had many of members here hook it up Evan (Cruzinquick) gave me a set of slightly used slicks. Just, because he wanted to see what I would run. Then ChiroMikey Hooked it up with some E55 cams, to help be see my power number goals. (being installed tomorrow).

I starting my own thread and I'm giving something away for free too.

Nah man, just keep it all in one thread. Eventually, it'll get stickied.

Keep up the generosity guys. :y

hooleyboy 11-06-2009 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama (Post 3798651)
Nah man, just keep it all in one thread. Eventually, it'll get stickied.

Keep up the generosity guys. :y

I didnt want to hijack your thread. If you insist.

I will toss in to the winner as set of MBH/DC Hiflow 200 cell cats. To be shipped out to the winner as soon as fabrication of them is complete. I will cover shipping. So these will be 100% free to do what you please with them. I will leave them in a universal set up so they can be fitted to just about any setup you got. Who know there might even be something extra in the box as well.

aleksandar1099 11-06-2009 01:04 AM

Awesome thread! Looks like fun!

I have a stock e55 steering wheel that I can put in the mix!

mekantor 11-06-2009 01:18 AM

Good idea, I've got lots of stuff I dont need. I'm not going to bother with a hat, I'll just create an array and use a random number generator to index into it. :D

Someone can have my APS-50, its worthless unless you want to play cassette tapes.

TruTaing 11-06-2009 01:21 AM

This is such an awesome idea. Im glad I frequent the w211 amg forums. You guys are in for one common goal of going faster and faster. Love it!

55fanatic 11-06-2009 09:02 AM

Clay... GREAT IDEA...

I'm down for this... I got laid off again last Friday so to pass this week's time I have been cleaning out my garage... found a mess of parts that I'll give away from my E class and my ML55...

Benz-O-Rama 11-06-2009 09:34 AM

WOW!

Good start guys. So, to sum it up, There are 5 current P.I.F. giveaways. If anyone is interested in any of these items, PM the giver and as before, just make sure you have an item to pay it forward with. Dollar amount is not important.

Benz-O-Rama - HID Kit
ROCK - 55K Green drop-in filters
Hooleyboy - 200 cell race cats - WOW!
Aleksandar1099 - OEM Stock E55 Steering wheel
Mekantor - APS-50
JayCL600 - Shirtless man hugs

Let's go ahead and stop here until some winners are picked. Then let those guys P.I.F.

Also, I've edited the rules to state that the giver is not locked into the 48 hr time period. Depending on the item, it may take some time to generate some responses.

I'm also going to spam some other high traffic areas of this forum, to give a shot to some of the people that don't frequent this particular section.

Great going guys, just when you thought this place was going to crap. :y

Pete, got your PM. You're on the list for the HID's, buddy. :y

02C32guy 11-06-2009 09:55 AM

If anyone's in need, I Have a pair of lightly used K&N's (about 5k on them) out of my C32. They are for the stock intake.
They're gone already!

Biscuit 11-06-2009 10:07 AM

I really like the idea behind this. I doubt they'll be of much use to anybody but I have the stock amp, radio (not a nav), and CD changer out of my C32 that I will give away. All working just fine when I took them out. Kept thinking about selling it, but, just been sitting in my garage collecting dust so why not?

oops... Sorry Benz-O-Rama, noticed you said to stop right there 'after' I posted this. :(

SSM AMG 11-06-2009 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama (Post 3798968)
WOW!

Good start guys. So, to sum it up, There are 5 current P.I.F. giveaways. If anyone is interested in any of these items, PM the giver and as before, just make sure you have an item to pay it forward with. Dollar amount is not important.

Benz-O-Rama - HID Kit
ROCK - 55K Green drop-in filters
Hooleyboy - 200 cell race cats - WOW!
Aleksandar1099 - OEM Stock E55 Steering wheel
Mekantor - APS-50
JayCL600 - Shirtless man hugs

Let's go ahead and stop here until some winners are picked. Then let those guys P.I.F.

Also, I've edited the rules to state that the giver is not locked into the 48 hr time period. Depending on the item, it may take some time to generate some responses.

I'm also going to spam some other high traffic areas of this forum, to give a shot to some of the people that don't frequent this particular section.

Great going guys, just when you thought this place was going to crap. :y

Pete, got your PM. You're on the list for the HID's, buddy. :y

Im in for the JayCL600 - Shirtless man hugs.:rolf:

Hey Clayton, can it be non car items?

Benz-O-Rama 11-06-2009 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by SSM AMG (Post 3799032)
Im in for the JayCL600 - Shirtless man hugs.:rolf:

Hey Clayton, can it be non car items?

Absolutely.

bigben320e 11-06-2009 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama (Post 3799040)
Absolutely.

In that case, I have some computer parts I am willing to put up for grabs.

I have:

Some memory
Network wireless router
Some USB Dell laser mice

Who needs some? I was going to sell all of it on Ebay, but some I am willing to PIF.

juicee63 11-06-2009 10:49 AM

Finally another POSITIVE LOVEFEST THREAD!

I am sending a PM tp Jay right now, shirtless Man hug , HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Great thread Mr. Clayton

alumar 11-06-2009 10:52 AM

Let me add a few to the mix

W203 Fog Light (Driver side) Brand new in box
Brand new Bosch MAF Sensor for C55 N/A

RW C55 11-06-2009 10:55 AM

Well i got something laying around in the house that i dont need & didnt bother selling them..

w203 c55 steering wheel (w/o shift buttons)
C55 stock springs 20k kms
C55 Stock sway bars (front & rear) 20k kms
brabus illuminating shift knob about 6/10 condiion (led light came off but u can put a new one in & the only cap i have is scratched up, otherwise are fine)

winners pay for shipping.
Items located @ Vancouver BC
i'll take pictures later today or tomorrow.
Will be accepting names until the next time I go back to Vancouver- should be around 2 weeks.

Its all about the good karma guys!