W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Making a list of what to do's before buying... Want to help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 03:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
Making a list of what to do's before buying... Want to help?

Okay. I finally got my e320 sold today and now I'm officially on the prowl! Looking hopefully for an 05' for around $30k total and under 50k miles. I need to compile a list of common things to look off that bat for quickly to determine if the car has been kept taken care of. Can you guys who know these cars like the back of your hand help me compile a list of things and things which a seller might try to hide?

Also, I made a list of options to be looking for. Do you guys think I'm missing anything or want to chime which one's you think are not that necessary or overhyped? Thanks!

Options:

Power sunshades (Want but not deal breaker)
Parktronic
Panorama roof (Must Have)
Power open and close trunk (Want but not deal breaker)
Heated and ventilated seats (Must Have)
Dynamic multi contour seats (Must Have)
Old 11-06-2009, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Jeep SRT, 2008 G37s 6MT (The Mrs.), 2005 Explorer
Keyless-go wasn't a dealbreaker for me but, it works so seamlessly, unlike many cars I've driven I get pissed when my WS6 doesn't automatically unlock when I walk up to it and I have to go through the painstaking process of taking my keys out of my pocket and hitting a button on the remote.... so much work. HAHA but seriously its one of those things I really like about the benzo.

Run a carfax and autocheck they're cheap compared to the price of the car. Too soon to say make sure there is a supercharger under the hood?
Old 11-06-2009, 09:25 AM

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
2003 E55 AMG; 2013 GL550 4Matic; 2003 CL600
Look for scrapes on the underside of the bumper cover, that will tell you all you need to know about how the car was cared for. Was it parked haphazardly, did it leave sloped driveways slowly, etc., it communicates the general attitude towards the car. See if the valve cover gaskets are leaking or if everything there is clean, that will show responsive maintenance by the previous owner.

COMAND + navigation, bluetooth/handsfree ready, HID with or without turning. I dont know if they started doing all HID by 05, but my 03 came with halogens.

There is a guy in my building trying to sell his (05 or 06), its white, loaded. I'm not sure what the milage is but the next time I see him I'll ask.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
One option I never really enjoyed was voice command - or what ever its called ... but I tell you on the long trip I recently took it was invaluable. Both hands on the wheel and eye on the road ... wonderfull. So if you do long trips get it... otherwise you never get to learn the commands.

Now all I need is HUD!