E55K supercharger maintenance questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 11:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
09 SL63 AMG
E55K supercharger maintenance questions

Hello guys,
I have some questions about E55K supercharger maintenance.

1) How often should I exchange supercharger coolant?
2) How often should I exchange supercharger lubricant?
3) Should I do "bleeding" process right after installing new pump and HE? What if I do bleeding after some runs?

Thanks for your replies in advance.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 E55, 03FORD P/S,01 E320-4M,99 ML320,O4 E55,05 RUBICON UNLIMITED,
Supercharger coolant is the same as engine coolant,it is a shared system.If your coolant is blue then you still have the synthetic coolant installed.It is good for 15 years/150k miles,unless you or someone else has replaced it. the coolant reservoir has time release "caplets" in it to refresh the cooling system so it will last that long,according to MB.If it has been changed then the life span is to replace it every 3 years,syn. coolant is not available through local mb dealers. S/c lubed for life,if wanted to replace it it would difficult,not impossible, but difficult w/o knowing what you're doing.It also takes a special mobil jetII oil which they only sell buy the box,if you do want some I have access to some qts. after getting a box of it. the proper/easiest way to bleed your i/c pump (w/o an sds)would be to apply constant power to the pump+ side(since it is already exposed)& pump grounded, while running your engine and monitoring your coolant reservoir, that will bleed it out quickly and you should have no air pockets.then after driving for day just reck your coolant level and you're ready to rip.fyi mb rec. approx every 30k to replace s/c belt,if you have an aftermarket boost pulley it may be required to more often due to the strain put on it,cheap ins. for constant/consistant power.