W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enhanced cooling options - thoughts - opinions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 / 2001 e39 M5
Enhanced cooling options - thoughts - opinions?

So I've picked up a few options for the car, and am torn on what to keep, what to sell, and what to try.

1.) killerchiller.com core...the important part. No lines or hoses, but they ship it out with hose clamps and hoses. I was planning on having some custom lines with high pressure fittings made up.

www.killerchiller.com

These things WORK for the Cobra and Lightning crowd! I've seen IATs literally 50*'s under ambient (30-40* IAT on a 95* South Texas day). It uses the a/c compressor and refrigerant to supercool the i/c fluid before it enters the IC...check out the link for a diagram.

dynotunenitrous.com universal efi kit with 35, 50 and 75 hp jets...noids and lines good to 150.
Universal Wet Nitrous oxide kit for cars and trucks. Nitrous system for all use with EFI cars and trucks. Our Nitrous Oxide system will add that extra boost needed. Buy Nitrous oxide direct from the manufacturer. - Universal Wet Nitrous oxide kit for

Brand new, bottle never filled, still in plastic bags. I know what some of your thoughts on nitrous are, but it cools and ads more power. I'm just not too crazy about spraying fuel into the supercharger rotors/screws.

Snow performance stage 1 boost cooler

http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=83

Lightly used, but fully functional - and this stuff is supposed to last forever. It's activated by a boost sensitive switch and seems relatively idiot proof.

Basically I'm at a crossroads and in the middle of a move-trying to decide what to get rid of and what to keep/experiment with. Open to suggestions-thanks in advance.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
def try toplay with killer chiller.

and i would also keep the watermeth