Sponsored by:

1st ticket in a decade...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by cahiil55k
Mike, check your PMs in a minute. Sounds like they got you good in a bad way. Kalifornia bacon will give you that "no front plate" citation all day long in this economy, especially because they know 90% of us MB drivers will not drill holes into our nice front end to mount a plate. Carrying the original citation around prevents you from getting another if you tell the low life loser you already got a ticket recently. I was hassled in SF for no plate but when I showed my existing ticket and said I was contesting it, the pos let me go. This doesn't keep the meter maids from giving you another ticket for the same thing, but hell I just stopped parking in metered places altogether.

True they will and it's hard to argue since they have a list of what cars can get away with it. It's really just an excuse to stop you to look for more. I know a lot of co workers pull people over for that reason but they don't site they just use it to look for more. For me I was lucky because I know a little about the law and let them hang themselves. I was ticketed for no lights but I was in a school parking lot. CVC 24250 is applicable only to vehicles on a highway according to CVC 24001 haha I win!

Back on topic for MJ do you by chance have a legal plan that gives you free counseling with an attorney? My friend was clearly speeding and cited for it but he sat down with an attorney and found the ticket was incorrectly filled out (didn't have his finger print on the ticekt according to county policy and the officer failed to fill in his badge number) and it was throw out. You could also go under yahoo answers (section politics and government under law enforcement & police) and explain your story, a lot of cops will say you were wrong but some smart attorneys will share their knowledge on it. Good luck!!
Old 11-20-2009, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
I recently got a ticket stating 71 @ a 30MPH zone. I was worried cuz that's double the limit (reckless driving?) MJ, it all depends on the judge's mood on the court date. While I was waiting, a few people declared guilty, and immediately the judge dismissed their cases. Without saying much, the judge reduced my fine by 50% (versus the fine given by the automated phone service), and he also granted me traffic school rights, although I had to do 12 hour. Good luck MJ.