Sponsored by:

First Timer at Track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Talking First Timer at Track

Well, I'd had enough reading about how you guys were having all the fun , plus I had a friend of mine who got a 2010 Camaro flippin' me "shxx" about running him at the track (he modified his with and ECU tune and Magnaflow exhaust and headers). His best time is a 12.620. He left a message while I was out of town to check his new time out on dragtimes.
http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-C...lip-19821.html
My car is completely stock. Toyo T1R's. The track is considered to be by the frequent patrons. DA was 1945 at 64.4 degrees.

Final run of 5 was my best 12.579 But, let me tell you, I got a scare 3/4 way down the track when my traction control light flickered and my car/engine "hesitated/cut out" . I let off for just a fraction of sec, then it felt solid, so I got back on it. I was very suprised at the time when I got the slip! I could just hear my wife saying,"I can't believe you going to take your nice car down there and ruin it!!!" , which, of course, I had to listen to on the way out the door! Chalked it up to good luck and called it quits.

Now I have the bug! See what you guys have done to me!

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-19925.html

Timeslip enclosed.
Attached Thumbnails First Timer at Track-thunder-valley-nov-22-090001.jpg  

Last edited by Teflonman; 11-22-2009 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Dragtimes Entry
Old 11-22-2009, 10:19 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Nice job looks like your a natural with that .031 reaction time. It doesn't do anything for your ET, but with that reaction time you'll smoke most running a tenth or two faster than you in a heads up race.
The t/c flashing would indicate that you started losing traction at the 1000' mark, but your timeslip doesn't really reflect it. A few more timeslips can shed more light if your were slipping. Did the car feel like it was skating(rear end moving out a little, like swaying ever so slightly) at all?
Old 11-22-2009, 10:44 PM

E55
Thanks for the constructive comments, I appreciate it!
The previous run, I did get a jump on an 09 Vette (my r/t was .002), but he caught me just before the finish. He ran a 12.3 I ran a 12.7

No, no swaying that I could tell, the traction control light flickered near the finish line and the motor felt like it "bogged down". Not sure how to describe it. Needless to say, I made that my last run. A dragster went just in front of me, so I'm not sure, could he have dropped some oil near the finish or so? It definitely woke me up

Last edited by Teflonman; 11-22-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:06 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Your going to do great doing some bracket racing.

Do your time slips look similar? If so then possibly there was something on the track. That is scary especially at that speed. That's also pretty far down the track to still have the power to spin the tires. All the symptoms you described is similar to loosing traction. Have fun and be safe.