Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FEELER: 04 E55 with 48k miles and all the mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
FEELER: 04 E55 with 48k miles and all the mods (pics added!!)

Ok, here goes, thinkinging of sellin my car. Its an 04 E55 Silver with blk interior with all the goodies. The car is immaculate. The car was originally upgraded by Renntech themselves (all installations performed at Renntech). But since then, some changes have been made as times progressed.

Performance Mods are as follows:

Renntech shorty headers
Renntech Carbon Fiber airbox
Renntech toes links
Renntech 80mm throttlebody
ASP 180mm pulley
Code 3 heat exchanger
CM30 pump
PTE thermostat (never installed)
LET dyno tuned (was originally a Renntech)
STAR lowered susension
E63 trunk spoiler/lip
Carlsson front fip
Roof spoiler thing (dont know exact classification)
20x8.5 front 20x10.5 HRE wheels
K40 built in radar detector (bluetooth) with remote control

Car has:

Navigation
Active seats
Rear and side window shades
plus all the normal factory luxuries
extended warranty until 75000 miles or about 2 more years

Thats all i can think of right now...but ill post a more detailed and specific list should i decide to sell it. The car is a beast. At 50-55 mph, the car goes spins the tires (285/30/20 dunlops) until the car gets sideways (scary...scary feelin...thnk god for traction control) Puts down 515rwhp and 578rwtq SAE on a dynojet.

Im thinkin mid to high $30's as it sits. What u guys think I can ask for this car realistically? Absolutely nothin wrong with car...in perfect condition and no accidents.

Last edited by alltrac; 11-30-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 s560 sedan
Keep it , u will never recoup any money for the mods . put it in the garage for a little one in the future . Modded cars ar a tough sell ,
Old 11-28-2009, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Personally, I think you will be lucky to get in the low 30's. It's a 04 and its not real low mileage. The mods help but 80% don't want the mods. My 2cents. It think realistically its a high 20s car.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:28 PM

2019 s560 sedan
Originally Posted by malakasnyc
Keep it , u will never recoup any money for the mods . put it in the garage for a little one in the future . Modded cars ar a tough sell ,
06's are going for that much .
Old 11-28-2009, 07:17 PM

2004 E55
i realize its a tough sell, but for someone who wants a nicely modded car with zero problems, adult owned, and babied...it would be a nice deal. Jus would hate to part it out...
Old 11-28-2009, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by alltrac
i realize its a tough sell, but for someone who wants a nicely modded car with zero problems, adult owned, and babied...it would be a nice deal. Jus would hate to part it out...
LOL.....the words modded and babied dont go together!
Old 11-28-2009, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by emoving
+1 good luck with the sale!
Old 11-28-2009, 11:56 PM

Please send me pictures ! You consider $30 ish ?
Old 11-29-2009, 12:52 AM

2004 E55
are u saying a person cannot mod their car for the shear sake of modding it...because he/or she likes seeing what kind of horsepower a car can make or just feelin the power of the car once in a while? Although rare, ill give an example...i have a friend with an 93 supra...hes about 55-56 years old...he goes thrugh catalogs, buys exhaust, intercoolers, etc because he likes the way it looks and sounds...has wheels, lowered, etc but drives like a granny. Literally, i dont think the car has done mre than 80mph in its life. He will get on it once in a while...as soon as the boost comes on, he immediately gets out of it and just laughs...has a silly grin...and says this is too much for me...but he loves the car.

Anyways, im not sayin this is the case with my car, but the car is maintained, not driven recklessly, or "boy racer" exploited. I drive the car aggressively once in while (as the car should be driven every now and again) and had a tussle or two with a couple worthy opponents...but its mostly to say and know this 4-door grocery getter has over 500whp that can embarass many so called sports cars...

So take that for what it is...just askin for opinions...not negativity...thnks

Last edited by alltrac; 11-29-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:07 AM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by Mrbig
Please send me pictures ! You consider $30 ish ?
replied via pm...and will send pics tomm..my wifi connection where im currently at leaves alot to be desired
Old 11-29-2009, 03:08 AM

2005 E55
+2, I was thinking the same thing. Unless you can find a buyer who is looking specifically for a modded car, it is worth less than the same car stock.

Last edited by dgreen1069; 11-29-2009 at 03:12 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:11 AM

2005 E55
are u saying a person cannot mod their car for the shear sake of modding it...because he/or she likes seeing what kind of horsepower a car can make or just feelin the power of the car once in a while? Although rare, ill give an example...i have a friend with an 93 supra...hes about 55-56 years old...he goes thrugh catalogs, buys exhaust, intercoolers, etc because he likes the way it looks and sounds...has wheels, lowered, etc but drives like a granny. Literally, i dont think the car has done mre than 80mph in its life. He will get on it once in a while...as soon as the boost comes on, he immediately gets out of it and just laughs...has a silly grin...and says this is too much for me...but he loves the car.

Anyways, im not sayin this is the case with my car, but the car is maintained, not driven recklessly, or "boy racer" exploited. I drive the car aggressively once in while (as the car should be driven every now and again) and had a tussle or two with a couple worthy opponents...but its mostly to say and know this 4-door grocery getter has over 500whp that can embarass many so called sports cars...

So take that for what it is...just askin for opinions...not negativity...thnks
I don't think anyone was trying to be negative, but it is usually the case that guys that mod their cars are doing so to go faster. Your buddy with the Supra is one in a million.....I for one don't know why anyone would bother with the expense and effort to modify a car if you weren't looking to ring it out.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dgreen1069
I don't think anyone was trying to be negative, but it is usually the case that guys that mod their cars are doing so to go faster. Your buddy with the Supra is one in a million.....I for one don't know why anyone would bother with the expense and effort to modify a car if you weren't looking to ring it out.
+1 Just opinions here!
Old 11-29-2009, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
I've seen the car in person down in South Florida meet this summer and can attest to how clean it looks...

Good luck on sale!

Jon
Old 11-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG

Im thinkin mid to high $30's as it sits. What u guys think I can ask for this car realistically? Absolutely nothin wrong with car...in perfect condition and no accidents. Can post pics also
Modifications do not add value to the sale of any car. The mods may make it more attractive to potential buyers that are looking for a moded car. However mods do not demand a premium selling price. I would price this car at market value for a similar car without mods. The car sounds like a beast i would either keep it or part it out.

Last edited by Full Throttle; 11-29-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Worth a try at least AllTrac. If you don't get any hits, you gotta part it out.

Lots of takers on this forum for used mods below retail. Not sure if you still have stock parts or not.

On the babied part, I bet you run the car like I do....and most guys for that fact. Drive her normally 95% of the time, but when a punk steps up and asks for the kill, you gladly oblige.

Coming how from the mall gave me a new respect for what a beaten car really looks like. G-Thug wannabe driving his Boss GT newer stang with some type of headers and exhaust few cars in front of me. Jerk literally smoked the tires at EVERY stop light, then did the "nails on the chalkboard" for me. Kept the car in first and put a large gap between himself and the car in front....then floored it to get on his bumper. OVER AND OVER again for about 10 miles til he turned off at an intersection going sideways of course.

We were in the OX56 and the wife could see I was agitated. She finally leans over, "You'd kill the hell outta that guy if you were in your car wouldn't you?"

I just smiled.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:33 AM

His wife crazy
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
G-Thug wannabe driving his Boss GT newer stang with some type of headers and exhaust few cars in front of me. Jerk literally smoked the tires at EVERY stop light, then did the "nails on the chalkboard" for me. Kept the car in first and put a large gap between himself and the car in front....then floored it to get on his bumper. OVER AND OVER again for about 10 miles til he turned off at an intersection going sideways of course.

We were in the OX56 and the wife could see I was agitated. She finally leans over, "You'd kill the hell outta that guy if you were in your car wouldn't you?"

I just smiled.
Those are the people that you never meet when you are in your E
Old 11-29-2009, 12:57 PM

E55 AMG
[quote=Jakpro1;3829244]Worth a try at least AllTrac. If you don't get any hits, you gotta part it out.

Lots of takers on this forum for used mods below retail. Not sure if you still have stock parts or not.

On the babied part, I bet you run the car like I do....and most guys for that fact. Drive her normally 95% of the time, but when a punk steps up and asks for the kill, you gladly oblige.

+1

I believe you should try and get some money back for mods, if you don't/can't sell at the inflated price, part out.

Paul
Old 11-29-2009, 03:44 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Worth a try at least AllTrac. If you don't get any hits, you gotta part it out.

Coming how from the mall gave me a new respect for what a beaten car really looks like. G-Thug wannabe driving his Boss GT newer stang with some type of headers and exhaust few cars in front of me. Jerk literally smoked the tires at EVERY stop light, then did the "nails on the chalkboard" for me. Kept the car in first and put a large gap between himself and the car in front....then floored it to get on his bumper. OVER AND OVER again for about 10 miles til he turned off at an intersection going sideways of course.

I just smiled.
yep, id say 98% of the time I drive the car normally...but sometimes, like u say, a punk "ricer" really deserves an AMG beatdown...nothin personal...just business...lol

But I would really hate to part the car out...just because. Its like Dr. jeckyl and Mr. Hyde...just puts a smile on my face everytime
Old 11-29-2009, 04:26 PM

Lol pictures
Old 11-29-2009, 04:30 PM

e55
pictures?
Old 11-29-2009, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
V12TT
That sounds like such a nice car would would you get rid of that beast!?
Old 11-29-2009, 07:38 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by benz_addict
That sounds like such a nice car would would you get rid of that beast!?
on the fence right now right now about sellin, but there are some other circumstances that might occur in the near future will dictate whether i sell it or not.

Anyways, i have some pics but no where to host...any suggestions?
Old 11-29-2009, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
on the fence right now right now about sellin, but there are some other circumstances that might occur in the near future will dictate whether i sell it or not.

www.photobucket.com
www.shutterfly.com

pretty easy to set up rapidly
Old 11-29-2009, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cornfed gtr and m3

Hopefully those circumstances work in your favor and you are able to keep the car. It sounds like a sweet car!

If you do sell, hold firm on your price. It might take a while longer, but there are a lot of people coming into the e55 fold now that would prefer a modded car. Just check recent threads to see all the new e55 owners that are modding or buying modded cars...myself included. As a buyer, if you know you want your car modded, pay a little extra for one that is done right and save a lot in the long run.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: FEELER: 04 E55 with 48k miles and all the mods