Sponsored by:

Vegas Bargain

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG --old cars -- E39 M5, 2.7tt Audi S4, E36 M3 **Ducati 996, 748
Vegas Bargain

This has nothing to do with cars -- I am not the 1st person to make a post that is not related to cars. Anyways, I just wanted some feedback from more people. I know alot of the members are pretty intelligent and educated folks. I am just using you as a resource and maybe I will get some references.

I have been really thinking about moving to Vegas --- The homes are so damn cheap -- I can easily buy a huge beautiful house in a nice neighborhood with a personal check. I could never afford such a house in SD. -- I plan on making a trip soon and check out the houses in person -- I have viewed many pics online and they are built in 2007.....

I dont have a job lined up or any responsibilities --- So, even if i get a lame job -- I should be ok because I dont have a mortgage or car payments.

It is a huge change but its a great opprotunity -- Owning a house is a big incentive.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car Whore
Yeah, the houses there are huge and f'ing cheap!
Old 12-02-2009, 03:30 AM

Damn - i was comparing Vegas houses to property in SD -- It is 3 times the cost or more. I think I am really talking myself into a change of scenery
Old 12-02-2009, 06:19 AM

E55 AMG
I love vegas.. my dream is to move there and live in one of the tower suites at the Wynn!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by guysandiego
Damn - i was comparing Vegas houses to property in SD -- It is 3 times the cost or more. I think I am really talking myself into a change of scenery
I'm sure you already know these points, as you seem very intelligent, BUT with 2 friends having DONE what you're considering (San Diego to Vegas move), let me tell you what they've both said...

* Both moved b/c of housing prices, and both were pleased with their new homes outside Vegas and the prices they paid.

* You're moving from near-perfect 75F San Diego weather, to a volatile climate with routine highs in the 100s, massive winds, freezing lows, and everything between throughout the year. Be prepared, this ain't San Diego.

* No beaches. You're in the middle of the desert. This is usually very tough for people who've grown accustomed to the beach scene/lifestyle.

* Foreclosures in Vegas are at a national high. This means the majority of your neighbors will either be moving out, short selling, or renting their homes out to Vegas renters (again, not your typical San Diego crowd). If you have a family, this may be something to consider.

* Prepare for the winds. Dust. Everywhere.

* Spiders. You will need to have your home sprayed for pests routinely, unless you want your wife/child playing chicken with camel spiders and other nasty desert critters...and even then, those are usually things you never deal with in San Diego.

* Enjoy tax advantages in Vegas. At least they're helping pay for you to live there.

* It's Vegas. The lifestyle/community difference between Vegas and San Diego is obvious. Make sure you choose the one you want. For my 2 friends, the cheap home ownership hasn't made up for the daily lifestyle difference between living in San Diego and living in Vegas. They miss just about everything about San Diego except the housing prices and cost of living (it's a tradeoff).

Both of my friends "like" Vegas, but somewhat regret moving out of San Diego. You gotta REALLY love the idea of home ownership right now to make such a major jump. If you have liquid assets that would allow you to purchase a house in Vegas outright, chances are you're doing fine in San Diego and will own there at some point too. Is the lifestyle/area change acceptable for you? Perhaps it's a perfect fit, who knows. None of my business--just feedback from 2 friends who've done what you're considering! Good luck no matter what you decide!

Last edited by VCA_AMG; 12-02-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:09 AM

///E63V10 ///F80CS ///Can-Am X3 XRS
Great write up my man!

Originally Posted by mugatu22
I'm sure you already know these points, as you seem very intelligent, BUT with 2 friends having DONE what you're considering (San Diego to Vegas move), let me tell you what they've both said...

* Both moved b/c of housing prices, and both were pleased with their new homes outside Vegas and the prices they paid.

* You're moving from near-perfect 75F San Diego weather, to a volatile climate with routine highs in the 100s, massive winds, freezing lows, and everything between throughout the year. Be prepared, this ain't San Diego.

* No beaches. You're in the middle of the desert. This is usually very tough for people who've grown accustomed to the beach scene/lifestyle.

* Foreclosures in Vegas are at a national high. This means the majority of your neighbors will either be moving out, short selling, or renting their homes out to Vegas renters (again, not your typical San Diego crowd). If you have a family, this may be something to consider.

* Prepare for the winds. Dust. Everywhere.

* Spiders. You will need to have your home sprayed for pests routinely, unless you want your wife/child playing chicken with camel spiders and other nasty desert critters...and even then, those are usually things you never deal with in San Diego.

* Enjoy tax advantages in Vegas. At least they're helping pay for you to live there.

* It's Vegas. The lifestyle/community difference between Vegas and San Diego is obvious. Make sure you choose the one you want. For my 2 friends, the cheap home ownership hasn't made up for the daily lifestyle difference between living in San Diego and living in Vegas. They miss just about everything about San Diego except the housing prices and cost of living (it's a tradeoff).

Both of my friends "like" Vegas, but somewhat regret moving out of San Diego. You gotta REALLY love the idea of home ownership right now to make such a major jump. If you have liquid assets that would allow you to purchase a house in Vegas outright, chances are you're doing fine in San Diego and will own there at some point too. Is the lifestyle/area change acceptable for you? Perhaps it's a perfect fit, who knows. None of my business--just feedback from 2 friends who've done what you're considering! Good luck no matter what you decide!
Old 12-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by JAY55
Great write up my man!
Big time...

lifestyle is key.

Trending Topics

Old 12-02-2009, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
I would rather live in a smaller home in SD then a mansion in the desert.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
Originally Posted by Vader55
I would rather live in a smaller home in SD then a mansion in the desert.
+1

also, knowing that alot of your neighbors are now short selling will bring a different element to the neighborhood. You may move in and it may be all upper middle class, but houses that are selling for half of initial pricing as Ice T said "there goes the neighborhood".
Like others about said, be ready for a big shift. Living in Silicon Valley I understand all too well about making a move to buy a bigger home, but have resisted as you can't be the CA climate and have accepted you have to pay to play in the more desireable areas. I say stay in SD and buy a smaller fixer or townhome near the beach and continue to love where you live.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:38 PM

2004 E55
Also, don't expect a Vegas home to be the sort of "investment" homes in socal can be.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:27 PM

CLS 550 Black AMG pkg. E55 Platinum Blue Monte Carlo Blue Acura NSX-T Desert SilverBMW 650
I live in Vegas and love it I can tell you that there are some neighborhoods that have a lot of foreclosures but those are lower priced homes ok cheap houses. I live on the 18th tee box of a beautiful golf course guard gated and we have no foreclosures there is one house that I know of with a for sale sign. High winds??? don't know whats that about, great restaurants, shows, cheap flight coming and going to almost everywhere. And the summer pools stacked with women! I'm not in real estate or mortgage I'm just giving you a perspective from someone who lives here from NYC and I like it. ( No earthquakes either nor state tax. And did I mention the damn women??!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 10:29 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Originally Posted by Special_K
I live in Vegas and love it I can tell you that there are some neighborhoods that have a lot of foreclosures but those are lower priced homes ok cheap houses. High winds??? don't know whats that about, great restaurants, shows, cheap flight coming and going to almost everywhere. And the summer pools stacked with women! I'm not in real estate or mortgage I'm just giving you a perspective from someone who lives here from NYC and I like it. ( No earthquakes either nor state tax. And did I mention the damn women??!!!

x2

I've lived here in vegas for twenty years. I've lived in Houston, Hollywood, and Port Hueneme(twenty minutes from Malibu and right near the beach) while in school and would never give up Vegas for any of them. You can do whatever you like at whatever time of day any day of the week here............and the bars don't have a "last call". I never did make it down to San Diego though so I can't comment on that area.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
Stay in SD!!!! I have friends who moved to Vegas and they're miserable. Its not like the gated community brochures read. Look, I'm a RE broker and I would a MILLION times over advise MY personal clients not to go to Vegas for property ownership reasons. Properties out there are cheap, yes, but with so much over-development, you'll never recooperate the $ you've spent to make the move/buy the house/ect. San Diego is gorgeous. If it were me and my family, I'd keep them there.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:09 AM

E63 AMG
Vegas - Great place to visit but I would personally NEVER live there.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by bigswin
+1 My cousin lives there and hates it!
Old 12-03-2009, 02:19 AM

I was going to look at places on the westside, Southwest side and Northwest -- I have had heard good things about Summerlin & blue diamond -- so, I will look around there --- any other suggestions on areas? I will most likely head up there in a few weeks and check out a bunch of homes.

Originally Posted by Special_K
I live in Vegas and love it I can tell you that there are some neighborhoods that have a lot of foreclosures but those are lower priced homes ok cheap houses. I live on the 18th tee box of a beautiful golf course guard gated and we have no foreclosures there is one house that I know of with a for sale sign. High winds??? don't know whats that about, great restaurants, shows, cheap flight coming and going to almost everywhere. And the summer pools stacked with women! I'm not in real estate or mortgage I'm just giving you a perspective from someone who lives here from NYC and I like it. ( No earthquakes either nor state tax. And did I mention the damn women??!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 02:32 AM

Actually - I dont like to visit Vegas -- I am not a gambler or big into shows --- I am a pretty boring and quiet person -- So, owning a nice house may be enough reason to live there... I am pretty easy going -- I have lived in other countries -- I think I am getting use to the idea -- like 65-75% leaning toward the move --

Originally Posted by bigswin
Old 12-03-2009, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
Originally Posted by emoving
+1 My cousin lives there and hates it!
+2 my cousin moved from Vegas to SD and loves it!!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by baldmike73
+2 my cousin moved from Vegas to SD and loves it!!!!
My brother works for CHP and said he wouldnt leave SD for nothing. I have been there once and it just pisses me off that I live in Ohio! Vegas is to transient for me!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:41 AM
aho

03 C32 AMG
Definitely stay to the west side, the east side is ghetto and the roads are horrible! Plus the west side has the 215 beltway that runs through it and getting around places is very convenient, and its a great place to stretch your cars legs.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Administrator

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
The best days of Vegas for me:

The day I get there ... and the day I leave
Old 12-03-2009, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
E55 will run like total crap when it's 110 outside.

That alone should kill the deal.

Average....thats average temps for Vegas

June 100
July 106
August 103
Old 12-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
E55 will run like total crap when it's 110 outside.

That alone should kill the deal.

Average....thats average temps for Vegas

June 100
July 106
August 103
What up Jim!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Originally Posted by guysandiego
Actually - I dont like to visit Vegas -- I am not a gambler or big into shows --- I am a pretty boring and quiet person -- So, owning a nice house may be enough reason to live there... I am pretty easy going -- I have lived in other countries -- I think I am getting use to the idea -- like 65-75% leaning toward the move --
What other countries have you lived in ?
Old 12-03-2009, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by Vic55
The best days of Vegas for me:

The day I get there ... and the day I leave
Vic, I couldn't agree with you more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vegas Bargain