Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
Oil leak, door not locking, questions from insepction, help please

Hi,

I dropped my car off at the dealer to get some fluids topped off with a general inspection and and they came back with the following:

1: I have an oil leak from the transmission connector. $185. Parts $17.50, (labor $163.50)

2: "Sometimes" the Driver's side door will not lock with remote. All other locks unlock/lock, however just the driver's side does not go down. It can be manually locked though. They say I need a new latch - door latch $630. (Parts $303, labor $327)

3: When gear selector is in drive, it displays "P" in the center console.

So, I said don't do anything until I consult some "experts". Thus this post.

Interestingly enough, I can't reproduce #1 and #2 on my own, my I remember seeing #3 before but ignored it because it went away quickly. Is it related to #1 or #2?

Also, is #1 the oil sending unit? Is this an easy DIY job?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks fellas.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 E55
Anyone?
Old 12-03-2009, 01:53 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 E55, 2009 VW GLI
See if your car falls into this

Campaign No. 2006020008, January 2007 (VINs (last 8 numbers) starting from a540836 and ending at a648915)

FILE:
SERVICE: GROUP 00 OF SERVICE INFORMATION BINDER
PARTS: GROUP I OF INFORMATION _ PARTS & ACCESSORIES BINDER

Revision History

Revision Date Purpose

D 01/19/07 Update of op. num. 61-1072 and addition of op. num. 27-1255 to repair 4
C 07/28/06 Update of repair scenarios 3 and 4
B 07/12/06 Removal of restriction requiring the Campaign to be performed during a Service
A 03/24/06 Warranty Information: Model Indicator for 211.026 change from T2 to T6
- 03/22/06 Initial issue

TO: ALL MERCEDES-BENZ CENTERS

SUBJECT
MODELS 163/ 170/ 199/ 203/ 209/ 211/ 215/ 220/ 230/ 463 MODEL YEAR 2004-05

INSPECT TRANSMISSION PILOT BUSHING AT ELECTROHYDRAULIC UNIT AND REPLACE IF NECESSARY

This service campaign has been initiated because DCAG has determined that on affected vehicles with 722.6 automatic transmissions (see VIN range on the following pages) the transmission pilot bushing may have been installed on the control units with non-tempered sealing rings which may cause a small leak to occur. Dealer will inspect the pilot bushing for a color marking and replace if necessary.

Operation codes for the removal and re-installation of the underbody paneling are now included in the work procedure and may be claimed under this service campaign whenever the repair is performed outside of a scheduled maintenance service or a repair requiring the removal of these panels.

Warranty claims will be monitored and dealers that have a high incidence of additional labor costs will have their claims manually reviewed to ensure compliance with the above work instructions.

Please review the Effective Serial Number chart located on the following pages, and, if necessary, repair the subject vehicles during the vehicle's next service.

Prior to performing this Service Campaign:

- Please check VMI to insure the vehicle is involved and to determine if the vehicle has been previously repaired.

- Please review the entire Service Campaign bulletin.

Approximately 51,934 vehicles are affected.

NOTE: Every vehicle in the VIN range may not be included in the campaign. VMI must always be checked before performing campaigns to verify that the campaign is required on a specific vehicle. VMI always overrides the bulletin in reference to a specific vehicle's inclusion in a particular campaign. Please also note that Recall and Service Campaigns do not expire and may also be performed on a vehicle with a vehicle status indicator

Campaign No. 2008120008 (not VIN specific)

December 2008

FILE:
SERVICE:
GROUP 00 OF SERVICE INFORMATION BINDER
PARTS:
GROUP I OF INFORMATION _ PARTS & ACCESSORIES BINDER

TO: ALL MERCEDES-BENZ CENTERS

SUBJECT:
Models 203/ 209/ 211/ 219/ 230/ 463

Model Years 2005 - 2007

Replace Pilot Bushing at Electrohydraulic Unit

This service campaign has been initiated because Daimler AG has determined that on affected vehicles the transmission pilot bushing may leak. Dealer will replace the transmission pilot bushing at the next workshop visit.

Prior to performing this Service Campaign:

- Please check VMI to determine if the vehicle is involved in the Campaign and if it has been previously repaired.

- Please review the entire Service Campaign bulletin and follow the repair procedure exactly as described.

Please note that Recall and Service Campaigns do not expire and may also be performed on a vehicle with a vehicle status indicator.

Approximately 27,853 vehicles are affected.

i'll post pics of the part in question soon. might as well flush the tranny with the labor they are charging you (if you're not covered by the TSB).

Last edited by O-55; 12-03-2009 at 02:13 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:59 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 E55, 2009 VW GLI
here are the pics...

you'll need to remove the underbody panel. look for the green dot on the connector. the green dot means your car has been serviced for the TSB. if present, you'll need to replace the bushing (again) at your cost. ask to see the connector if the car is still in the shop

hope this helps.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 E55
Sweet! That looks like the culprit.

Is it an easy DIY? My concern is that it's not like a drainplug that if I remove it to replace the bushing, the tranny fluid will come out?