Sponsored by:

***NEW DATE*** Famoso Raceway Private Track Rental - NOW 01/30/2010***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
If I meet someone at a street light it's on. no tire change , no ice me up, it" lets do it. LOL.. Allal thumbs up to all your time, but lets do it heades up man . Juicee say you are all talk
Old 01-10-2010, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Running at sac is cool but running with bring what u bring is tops.. come on Allan get it together man show up at Famosa. My daughter will run with you LOL get it done man..
I agree, that's probably the best way to do it Rick.... heads-up between equally powered cars produces the best races because it always filters down to the racer with the best launch, better reaction time, and better shifts who ends up wining the race. This also makes the race a lot more intense.

But I would watch out before calling out Juicee though..... he's trapping 120 mph now
Old 01-10-2010, 04:23 PM

1999 BMW M3
Originally Posted by 9 bans per hour
What racing hours are we looking at and how is the list of attendees shaping up?
+1
Old 01-10-2010, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Wonder if Jim is really coming, this would give Allan a reason

***NEW DATE*** Famoso Raceway Private Track Rental - NOW 01/30/2010***-jrcart_famoso_jan09_06.jpg
Old 01-10-2010, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Our next major track rental won't be until November 2010 (11 months away ).
That really puts things in perspective, you AMGers are going to kick the habit for that long?
Old 01-10-2010, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Running at sac is cool but running with bring what u bring is tops.. come on Allan get it together man show up at Famosa. My daughter will run with you LOL get it done man..
Lol...I've been to the track more than any of you guys combined this last year including a 8 hour drive to race in 105 degree temps. Do you guys think that I'm just making up reasons not to race?

If I meet someone at a street light it's on. no tire change , no ice me up, it" lets do it. LOL.. Allal thumbs up to all your time, but lets do it heades up man . Juicee say you are all talk
LOL...a heads up race is fine by me, on the streets, no ice, and with street tires. I welcome all to a good ole fashion a$$ a$$ whopping. If I don't attend this one I promise it's not the end of the world, Sac runs every Saturday and all you need to say is "when".

Originally Posted by juicee63
Wonder if Jim is really coming, this would give Allan a reason

Attachment 173964
If my daughter basketball tournament happens, which it may not due to lack of teams participating there's zero chance of me making it. Some claim they can't make events due to business but when family comes first they give me a...... If anyone knows how much I like track racing it should be you and if I can't make something it's usually due to family not business.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Lol...I've been to the track more than any of you guys combined this last year including a 8 hour drive to race in 105 degree temps. Do you guys think that I'm just making up reasons not to race?

LOL...a heads up race is fine by me, on the streets, no ice, and with street tires. I welcome all to a good ole fashion a$$ a$$ whopping. If I don't attend this one I promise it's not the end of the world, Sac runs every Saturday and all you need to say is "when".

If my daughter basketball tournament happens, which it may not due to lack of teams participating there's zero chance of me making it. Some claim they can't make events due to business but when family comes first they give me a...... If anyone knows how much I like track racing it should be you and if I can't make something it's usually due to family not business.

It is all good, I know you and how badly you would like to come to Famoso 2010. Family definately comes first , I think Rick was just trying to stir it up like I usually do. LOL.

You are at the top of the game right now so its kinda like an all-star game without Kobe or LeBron
Old 01-10-2010, 07:59 PM

335i

Hey Allan, went to Sacramento yesterday. It barely started to drizzle, but then stopped. It was great, only had about a dozen cars running! Pretty much run and drive right back up. The parking lot was pretty much empty. I really wish I lived closer than the 800 mile trip there and back. Everyone at that track from the ticket girl to the starter are so nice! My traction was crap though...mostly in the 2.0-2.3 60' range.

But all in all, the car ran pretty good. Cruised up there with the family, and got close to 30mpg back in quiet luxury and comfort.

Here is the video of the 124.40 mph run.

Poor Rustang didn't know what hit him, LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trvveCpPlWM

And then there was the trailered Nova that came in. Even though there was plenty of parking lot, he had to set up right next to me. Making all this noise revving his engine and everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SMJoaCOGZg
Attached Thumbnails ***NEW DATE*** Famoso Raceway Private Track Rental - NOW 01/30/2010***-cimg1499b.jpg  
Old 01-10-2010, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport

Wait a minute....... soooo you're saying there is a chance you'll make it?
Old 01-10-2010, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by hotrod182
Hey Allan, went to Sacramento yesterday. It barely started to drizzle, but then stopped. It was great, only had about a dozen cars running! Pretty much run and drive right back up. The parking lot was pretty much empty. I really wish I lived closer than the 800 mile trip there and back. Everyone at that track from the ticket girl to the starter are so nice! My traction was crap though...mostly in the 2.0-2.3 60' range.

But all in all, the car ran pretty good. Cruised up there with the family, and got close to 30mpg back in quiet luxury and comfort.

And then there was the trailered Nova that came in. Even though there was plenty of parking lot, he had to set up right next to me. Making all this noise revving his engine and everything.

Nice runs Warren! Did you notice a increase in trap speeds at Sacramento from the last time you went? I know you usually vbox your runs and I'm curious to know what the difference was.

LOL...that sucks about the Nova parking right next to you. A while ago we had a dragster park in front of us with his lous a$$ exhaust pointing right at us. He spent most of the day tuning or fixing his car revving it up continuously..., very loud! Oh well, these are the things we learn to live with when visiting the track.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:46 PM

335i
Nice runs Warren! Did you notice a increase in trap speeds at Sacramento from the last time you went? I know you usually vbox your runs and I'm curious to know what the difference was.

LOL...that sucks about the Nova parking right next to you. A while ago we had a dragster park in front of us with his lous a$$ exhaust pointing right at us. He spent most of the day tuning or fixing his car revving it up continuously..., very loud! Oh well, these are the things we learn to live with when visiting the track.
My Vbox numbers lately were about 3-4mph faster than last April due to downpipes, and Meth injection (but running less octane too). And my traps at the track reflected that 3-4mph increase.

I usually trap 123mph on the Vbox down here on just 91 octane + meth, I used 100 pump gas at Sacramento.

Yeah..that guy had basically the whole parking lot and parked right next to me, revving his engine and such. So it was nice giving him a beating.

The older guy that waves you into the starting lane was there and asked me what I did to my car to make it faster. He then brought up the subject of the fast Mercedes that comes out there. I'm sure he was referring to you, LOL.

Last edited by hotrod182; 01-10-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
The older guy that waves you into the starting lane was there and asked me what I did to my car to make it faster. He then brought up the subject of the fast Mercedes that comes out there. I'm sure he was referring to you, LOL.
Haha....that old guy is Leonard and he's a really cool guy. If you want to stay on his good side just bring him a mild good cigar and he'll love you forever. At first I used to get some smack from these guys but now they have finally warmed up to us Euro guys . I even had the starter offer to spray my tires with VHT after the burnout the last time out. They have a very nice crew there and it's a great feeling getting to know them on a first name basis.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:44 PM

'07 Charger SRT8

I should have said hi while I was out there. I'm the guy with the red '07 Charger with black stripes. I did a little track day review in the California section. Feel free to add your observations from yesterday there.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:41 AM
Banned

SC M3

Let me know when you are willing to run with boosted M3's. Guessing we won't see you at Famoso, Terry is fine with me though.

Still waiting for the PM for those Mexico runs you once talked about

Last edited by 9 bans per hour; 01-11-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:02 AM

335i
Originally Posted by 9 bans per hour
Let me know when you are willing to run with boosted M3's. Guessing we won't see you at Famoso, Terry is fine with me though.

Still waiting for the PM for those Mexico runs you once talked about
Actually you should run against Alans E55, 1.5L bigger engine than yours instead of 1L smaller, but then his car is quite a bit heavier than yours. If your running 130mph, and I only run 124.4 mph I would need abot 60hp more, or around 450whp or so.

But didn't you say your car makes around 500 rwhp?
Old 01-11-2010, 01:08 AM
Banned

SC M3
Actually you should run against Alans E55, 1.5L bigger engine than yours instead of 1L smaller, but then his car is quite a bit heavier than yours. If your running 130mph, and I only run 124.4 mph I would need abot 60hp more, or around 450whp or so.

But didn't you say your car makes around 500 rwhp?
Alan's E55 is not an E9X and I have no desire to run Alan for anything other than fun. I do have a desire to let you know just where you stand in the BMW world especially when at one time you were talking large saying I would be one of the slowest cars out there for your Mexico runs (it would appear in actuality that would be you).

Now you are talking displacement, love it How much boost do you need again? How many turbos? How much weight removed? How much water-meth? How much octane? Shhh, this thread is about Famoso, you going or not?

We can sit here and talk about dyno's (500 wheel? lol) and trap speeds all day, meet up and run the car, not the keyboard.

Last edited by 9 bans per hour; 01-11-2010 at 01:16 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:44 AM

Fast cars in general....
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Hot freakin dayam! It'll be fun watchin you run that beast! I can't wait to see what you do this time around!~!

How was your trip? I heard it's snowing like crazy over there. I was suppose to go this winter but endin up stayin cause of werk. I need to go back and visit soon.

It was great watchin you run yer GT-R last time! Look forward to seeyin you run the Viper!
Trip to Korea was cold as hell and the amount of
snowfall they got was just too crazy. Glad I'm back
to sunny and warm CA. God must loves here...

Last edited by gripforce-cl65; 01-11-2010 at 02:53 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:55 PM

2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Has anybody else noticed weather.com is forcasting rain on Saturday?
Old 01-11-2010, 06:19 PM

Fast cars in general....
yeah, it seems like it's going to rain this weekend...

what a bummer...
Old 01-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
It better not rain. I need to destroy my old personal best!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I wouldn't put too much faith in Weather.com's predictions. Their predictions change way too often and will continue to change till the day of the event. I only use it as a slight indicator. The weather has been great around the track today and yesterday although weather.com predicted rain today and yesterday.

For now, we are still a go on the 16th..... if I receive word from track management of bad weather, I will update the threads accordingly.

I just hope it doesn't get hotter than 60 F
Old 01-11-2010, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Here is the weather forecast from Weather Undground's website.... if you scroll down, you'll see the predictions for Saturday to be "clear and sunny" which is in direct contradiction of weather.com

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...chType=WEATHER

So far, I've seen 3 sites say it will be mostly sunny and 2 sites say it'll be cloudy and "rainy". We won't know for sure until a couple of days before the event.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Here is the weather forecast from Weather Undground's website.... if you scroll down, you'll see the predictions for Saturday to be "clear and sunny" which is in direct contradiction of weather.com

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...chType=WEATHER

So far, I've seen 3 sites say it will be mostly sunny and 2 sites say it'll be cloudy and "rainy". We won't know for sure until a couple of days before the event.
Hey Mo,

What's the schedule going to be like? Is it going to be like our last event? Tech @ 10am and start running at 11AM-12PM? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Hey Mo,

What's the schedule going to be like? Is it going to be like our last event? Tech @ 10am and start running at 11AM-12PM? Thanks in advance!
Not sure yet..... I will be able to get a confirmation maybe 2 to 3 days before the event because of the ever-changing weather. If I have to guess, I would say gates open at 10:30 am, start racing at 11:00 am and stop at 6:00 pm just like we did last time but don't quote me on that yet.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Is anyone heading up from Norcal? If yes could you please do me a favor and bring the AMG flag to Famoso for me. I was lucky enough to have it for this long and since I missed a couple events it needs to be up for grabs again. Maybe Josh could reclaim the flag once again before doomsday.

Last edited by bassn_07; 01-11-2010 at 10:35 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***NEW DATE*** Famoso Raceway Private Track Rental - NOW 01/30/2010***