Sponsored by:

Crazy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG --old cars -- E39 M5, 2.7tt Audi S4, E36 M3 **Ducati 996, 748
Crazy

I do not know how you guys do it -- Some of you guys are doing many performance mods. I can not imagine the power... How do you tame the beast?

I have modest mods but the car is already monster -- Screw cars - I am ready to race some bikes. X-Pipe, 168mm evosport pulley and VPR shorty headers...

I have access to a free dyno -- I will try and get around to it soon -- Very busy around this time of year.

I may get a mild tune not for max HP --- I just want to fix my fuel a little and get rid of the speed limiter and torque limiter if possible.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Once you do a couple mods and you take it to the track, then you start wantin more and more and more power. I thought I'd be good with my set of mods the first time around. Then I drove around and got the itch for more power. Got more power and I was happy. I'm beginning to have the itch again but I have decided not to add anything else. Once I reach my goal, I'm going to look for something faster than the E.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Once you do a couple mods and you take it to the track, then you start wantin more and more and more power. I thought I'd be good with my set of mods the first time around. Then I drove around and got the itch for more power. Got more power and I was happy. I'm beginning to have the itch again but I have decided not to add anything else. Once I reach my goal, I'm going to look for something faster than the E.
+1

My boss made me a really good offer on my car and it's very tempting to sell and upgrade to something different. I've already gone beyond what I ever imagined possible with my car and it might be time. His offer is a very generous one but I will admit letting go of the E would be hard to do. Decision...decisions.....
Old 12-23-2009, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
Man do it if it's a great offer.. Then you can start over and all the fun These cars are not worth what most people think they are worth, every once in a while you find some one that just has to have your car. That's when it's time to sell. Just don't sell it before we get a chance to run I'm buy a new F-350 tomorrow so I have a tow vehicle..
Old 12-23-2009, 10:25 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by guysandiego
Screw cars - I am ready to race some bikes. X-Pipe, 168mm evosport pulley and VPR shorty headers...
Old 12-23-2009, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by bassn_07
+1

My boss made me a really good offer on my car and it's very tempting to sell and upgrade to something different. I've already gone beyond what I ever imagined possible with my car and it might be time. His offer is a very generous one but I will admit letting go of the E would be hard to do. Decision...decisions.....
Close your eyes and let her go. Get a 65!!. They are pretty affordable right about now.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:42 AM

2019 s560 sedan
friend with a zx 9 raced a viper and believe it or not the viper gave him some race up top . Out of the hole u are toast but up top if ur delimited u MIGHT be able to keep it interesting.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Yeah, I'm serious thinking about it but it will be hard to do. I've already put so much time and money into her it will still hurt. I may still have one more goal left in her but I haven't decided if I want to go for it or not. Either way it's a very flattering offer and I'm sure I won't ever see that again. Damn it!!!!
Old 12-23-2009, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Close your eyes and let her go. Get a 65!!. They are pretty affordable right about now.
We should have just traded + some cash to you when you sold your beast. That way we both wouldn't have to mod as much.....
Old 12-23-2009, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by bassn_07
We should have just traded + some cash to you when you sold your beast. That way we both wouldn't have to mod as much.....
LOL, I agree! But hold off...I retract my previous statement. The way you and Ahmad are going down with Et's and trap speeds, I am not sure a 65 will keep up with you guys!