Sponsored by:

Suspension dropped my E63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
yuille36, i use ASC of Arlington as well. what Service advisor do you use? just wondering...i used dave when my rear passenger side strut had oil/grease on the control arm.. his answer was that i must have ran over something to spill grease/oil onto the control arm, which i call bs on... but at least it is documented in their system that i brought it in for oil/grease on the control arm area...the driver side doesn't have this oil/grease buildup
Old 01-03-2010, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 516 Likes on 432 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
I use Dave Smith also. But when I have any issues, I give Jack Rolo who is the shop forman a call. I run my issues through him first, via email or a phone call. Then use that email, as ammunition when the service advisors doesn't want to take action on an issue. But, I have been lucky. The only issue that, I had was excessive brake dust on the rear wheels of my 09 C300. MB put out a TSB on this issue, but was for the 08 models. Contacted Jack, and he said they are right, your vehicle doesn't meet the criteria, but he said that we will can write it up to say they have brake squeal as well, so that I could get the new revised rear brake pads, under warranty, and MBUSA paid for them. And I haven't had a brake dust issue thus far. I wish that was the same on my 07 E63, it's not bad but could be better.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 Z06, 08 Rover Sport, 03 Dmax, 13 Diavel
thank you all for the comments! i will be contacting the dealer again and figure this thing out.

Yuille36: thank you for your email and comments here! i appreciate it greatly!
Aj
Old 01-03-2010, 07:46 PM

E63, S550
In the morning I notice my car lowers to about a one-finger gap, but that is as far as it goes. I've left it for a week and when I returned it was still at the one-finger gap
Old 01-03-2010, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Just to reinforce what many guys have been saying, my car has never dropped even a smidge. Had an 07 and now an 09. What is amazing is a dealer would turn work like this away. Typical comment though that you hear from someone that doesn't care. Good luck getting it fixed and glad it is under warranty.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:36 PM

E63, S550
Originally Posted by sack5000
What is amazing is a dealer would turn work like this away. Typical comment though that you hear from someone that doesn't care.
Sometimes dealers don't know what they're talking about.

SITUATION: I had a nearly flat tire (down to 20 psi) and drove approximately 20 miles to the shop to get it fixed.

After that I noticed a sound coming from the rear of the car whenever I took a slow turn. I thought it may have something to do with the new tire so I took it back and had the guy do the Hunter Road Force balance again. Everything checked out.

At that point I thought the differential was affected so I took it to the dealer and they could not hear the sound even though I drove around with the head mechanic (the sound was there, he just couldn't hear it).

That day they happened to have the West coast regional AMG technician there and he went on a test drive and couldn't hear the sound either.

After the AMG technician said there was no problem he came up to me and said that if there was a noise it must be coming from my aftermarket rims. I told him these are the stock rims that come with the Performance Package (this was before I put on the VR05s). He didn't believe me until I pointed out the AMG stamp on the rims rims and showed him the AMG brochure that shows the PP wheels on it.

He had no response and was therefore dumbfounded

So I told them to change the differential fluid and they did. After that I drove around with the SA and the noise was gone so they didn't charge me for the fluid change.

This just totally ruined my confidence in the MB technicians and I now have doubts about the AMG technicians too. This was at MB of Anaheim.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 516 Likes on 432 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Sometimes it is obvious that the SA don't know what there talking about, they are not technicians, and sometimes the techs don't know. I always talk to the Master Technician, he or she usually has years of experience under their belt. And more then likely has seen this issue before. It's always good to get a second opinion, if you strongly feel that your right. And don't take no, for a answer. It is their job, to satisfy you 100%, especially if you drive an AMG. For all the money we pay for these cars, they better satisfy me 110%......