Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2010 | 05:09 PM

Current: 2004 E55 Sold:350zTT
I'll be there
Old 03-05-2010 | 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by xabo
Still on the fence....(ala Brett Farve). Can you pay when you get there? Trying to get my cousin to bring his E55 also.
I've always been able to pay there, on the spot.

Originally Posted by pun1sh3rz
I'll be there
I'll be there around 11ish most likely, but not sure if I'll get any additional tuning. I'm pretty much at the limit of what I can get out of her without supporting TCU and/or cooling mods. I'm gonna bring my, too cool for school, teenage nephew with me in the SL600.
Old 03-05-2010 | 09:16 PM
SPONSOR

From: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by xabo
Still on the fence....(ala Brett Farve). Can you pay when you get there? Trying to get my cousin to bring his E55 also.
Yup, not a problem. You guys should go just to see everyone and enjoy the event. Its always a good time.
Old 03-05-2010 | 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
With all of the rescheduling, how many people plan to attend tomorrow?
I'm in!

As strong as it is with the new Renntech pulley, I can't wait to get tuned!!!

Anybody know what time we start?
Old 03-05-2010 | 10:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I will be there. My car is next door right now getting something finished up lol. I put the smaller sc pulley on tonight too

I think tuning is supposed to start at 9 but I know the shop my car is at wont open until 10:30 at the earliest
Old 03-07-2010 | 07:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So how'd everyone end up? I only stayed a short bit since I had my nephew with me, but mainly because I was completely hungover.

Ahmad... How are we running now?
Brian... Your car is putting down some impressive numbers, especially on that damn dyno

And whoever owns that clean *** C55 with the 55K motor in it....
Old 03-07-2010 | 10:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
So how'd everyone end up? I only stayed a short bit since I had my nephew with me, but mainly because I was completely hungover.

Brian... Your car is putting down some impressive numbers, especially on that damn dyno

Well we couldn't get any clean pulls on the last revision of the tune. Was spinning too hard on the dyno. It pretty much did a burnout on the dyno on the last try (rubber everywhere from the drag radials) and then coolant gushed out the reservoir because we did soo many pulls back to back and even tried 4th gear (160+mph). The last clean pull we got before the final revision was 450whp and 530wtq. Those are really good numbers for that dyno but I wont see the benefit of theintake on the dyno and all I really care about is track numbers. Might be getting a bit of belt slip because I lost a psi up top
Old 03-07-2010 | 11:17 AM

2001 CLK 430/swapped with 5.4 liter
Eurocharged meet

It was good meeting and learning quite a bit of good info .....My names Jalil I'm in charged of sales at SwitchBackRacing which is next door to Functioned Tuned ...Basically our old location..... BlackBenzz you car is pretty sick I hope the intake helps a bit with good feedback far as actual on the road performance.....Money-One Your C55 with swap is clean very nicely done...Although we all ducked when you pulled up thinking it was a German drive by all blacked out.

Zahanma it was good meeting you also I look forward to meeting up for the flash once the car is picked up from Florida and back in Va...Pun1sh3rz feel free to give us a call on what you asked about its not a issue and can be done in the same day once everything is worked out for what you need.

Although being rather New to the Euro seen We can custom build anything that's needed in the Euro tuning market....Looks like I will be the ginny pig for parts on the E55 AMG series so it would be good to know what everybody is looking for far as mods like header back exhaust with cats or resonators Vband setups.... Top mount intercooler setups seems to be the talk.... With our set of long tube headers to come shortly in the very near future.

Last edited by Tru-Soul; 03-07-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-07-2010 | 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Good to meet some new guys.
Clayton that V12TT monster truly is the sickness.

Wish I could have stayed to see everyone's runs.
Seems there were some frustrating times yesterday....

My car did put down some nice gains, about 50-60whp and 70-80wtq from a Renntech 178 pulley and tune.
However the car is running lean and losing power in the upper end. It flips like a switch, no matter how much fuel is added, at 5000rpm and the AFR's spike lean and the power drops like a rock.
Tony offered to retune it via remote once the "issues is resolved".
Back to the shop....
Old 03-07-2010 | 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR

WHat were your gains from the shelf tune?

Hows it runnin!!
Old 03-07-2010 | 03:01 PM

soon to be e55
Originally Posted by Worth the wait

Wish I could have stayed to see everyone's runs.
Seems there were some frustrating times yesterday....

My car did put down some nice gains, about 50-60whp and 70-80wtq from a Renntech 178 pulley and tune.
However the car is running lean and losing power in the upper end. It flips like a switch, no matter how much fuel is added, at 5000rpm and the AFR's spike lean and the power drops like a rock.
Tony offered to retune it via remote once the "issues is resolved".
Back to the shop....
Bro, congrats on the power, but running lean doesn't sound good. But I don't understand, isn't the tune the issue that needs to be resolved? I would think Eurocharged would want to be all over getting this situation under control for you.
Old 03-07-2010 | 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cornfed gtr and m3
Originally Posted by Tru-Soul
It was good meeting and learning quite a bit of good info .....My names Jalil I'm in charged of sales at SwitchBackRacing which is next door to Functioned Tuned ...Basically our old location..... BlackBenzz you car is pretty sick I hope the intake helps a bit with good feedback far as actual on the road performance.....Money-One Your C55 with swap is clean very nicely done...Although we all ducked when you pulled up thinking it was a German drive by all blacked out.

Zahanma it was good meeting you also I look forward to meeting up for the flash once the car is picked up from Florida and back in Va...Pun1sh3rz feel free to give us a call on what you asked about its not a issue and can be done in the same day once everything is worked out for what you need.

Although being rather New to the Euro seen We can custom build anything that's needed in the Euro tuning market....Looks like I will be the ginny pig for parts on the E55 AMG series so it would be good to know what everybody is looking for far as mods like header back exhaust with cats or resonators Vband setups.... Top mount intercooler setups seems to be the talk.... With our set of long tube headers to come shortly in the very near future.
This is awesome news, especially since you are so close! How far out would you figure for the LTs?
Old 03-07-2010 | 07:05 PM

'13 Dodge Dart, '16 Audi Q5
Great seeing everyone this weekend.

Tru-Soul, good meeting you and let me know about the flash, we'll get that going soon.

Clayton, those wheels looks 100x better in person. Great looking Savinis'.

blackbenzz, sorry about all the dyno issues... seems like that dynos needs a bit of a tune-up...aka, new rollers. haha.

The W202 C55 was an incredible feat to see, and was very clean. Tony did have some issues tuning it with the mix of W202 ECU and M113k engine... Tony is going to work on it and make it work.

Hope to see everyone and more in April at the MIR track day.
Old 03-07-2010 | 07:15 PM

C43/2jz, Ml63, C32
I would like to thank Tony again for the valiant effort he gave in tunning my car. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be a plug and play ordeal. You went above and beyond what I thought any normal person would have gone. Thanks again and we will talk about a future date on when we meet again. It is going to be sweet when we get it all sorted out.
It was a pleasure meeting all and talking. The kabob was good too ... or was it just the lack of food all day!?!?!?!

Originally Posted by Tru-Soul

You guys looked cool enough so I put them away
Old 03-07-2010 | 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Well we couldn't get any clean pulls on the last revision of the tune. Was spinning too hard on the dyno. It pretty much did a burnout on the dyno on the last try (rubber everywhere from the drag radials) and then coolant gushed out the reservoir because we did soo many pulls back to back and even tried 4th gear (160+mph). The last clean pull we got before the final revision was 450whp and 530wtq. Those are really good numbers for that dyno but I wont see the benefit of theintake on the dyno and all I really care about is track numbers. Might be getting a bit of belt slip because I lost a psi up top
I guess you must have been spraying NOS, huh?

Originally Posted by Worth the wait
Thanks Brian. I tried to goose her a little bit on my way out so you could hear what an uncorked V12TT sounds like.

Originally Posted by InTheBenz0
WHat were your gains from the shelf tune?

Hows it runnin!!
Didn't get a tune this time, but when they tuned it originally, I gained 50WHP/80WTQ. Tony says that they have a new file out for my car though.

How's it running? Well, with a slightly detuned Eurocharge shelf tune, on an otherwise stock car, I hold the #4 spot on dragtimes. I'd say it runs pretty strong.
Originally Posted by ZAHANMA

Clayton, those wheels looks 100x better in person. Great looking Savinis'.
Thanks. I dig em....

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 03-07-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-07-2010 | 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by kyuss94
Bro, congrats on the power, but running lean doesn't sound good. But I don't understand, isn't the tune the issue that needs to be resolved? I would think Eurocharged would want to be all over getting this situation under control for you.
Honestly I am a little confused as well....
Tony said the culprit was most likely a vacuum leak and suggested looking there first. However a leak should result in a RICH condition...no?
This a fueling issues, as in there ain't enough.

Hopefully we can get it sorted out at the shop once it is hooked up to diagnostics.

Tony was great to deal with and I am sure we will get it resolved and I will be back beating up BMW's soon
Old 03-08-2010 | 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by money-one
The kabob was good too ... or was it just the lack of food all day!?!?!?!

Maybe a little both. I think I set down Tony's food and turned my back for a second... When I turned back towards him he had his mouth full of food and still punching away at the computer...now that's multitasking.

Tony and myself (and money-one) went over to Excessive Motorsports after everyone had left. E55 all strapped down and ready to go...put down some decent numbers. IIRC te best run was 528whp/570lb-ft...not too shabby if I do say so...

...again great meeting/seeing everyone look forward to April.
Old 03-08-2010 | 11:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I guess you must have been spraying NOS, huh?
Lol, you already know the answer to that one
Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
Maybe a little both. I think I set down Tony's food and turned my back for a second... When I turned back towards him he had his mouth full of food and still punching away at the computer...now that's multitasking.

Tony and myself (and money-one) went over to Excessive Motorsports after everyone had left. E55 all strapped down and ready to go...put down some decent numbers. IIRC te best run was 528whp/570lb-ft...not too shabby if I do say so...

...again great meeting/seeing everyone look forward to April.
Nice numbers, don't they have a dynojet over there? I think dyno dynamics reads somewhere between 10-15% lower than a typical dunojet. Then again each dyno is different so who knows
Old 03-08-2010 | 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Nice numbers, don't they have a dynojet over there? I think dyno dynamics reads somewhere between 10-15% lower than a typical dunojet. Then again each dyno is different so who knows
Yes they do have a DJ. Nice setup and some serious HP sitting in the shop when we got there. Three terminators, all above 500whp. I think one was at 700ish.

But yeah, I know that the DJs tend to read about 15% lower than a Dynamics...but then again, I'd be willing to bet you would have gotten traction on Excessive's dyno haha.
Old 03-08-2010 | 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
looks like a fun event was had by all...sorry I missed it I was a bit hungover like Clayton said lol ... maybe next time. Ahmad great talking to ya on Fri, Clay great hangin out Fri as well...good times!
Old 03-10-2010 | 10:31 PM

2001 CLK 430/swapped with 5.4 liter
ETA on Headers

930CHAS, If you know of any one with a stock set of E55 header's the wait could be a lot shorter .....Not trying to knock any sponsors already here....But if there is not a affordable maker for parts we are here to start making some Quality parts.....Not sure were to post looking for a set of stock e55 header's and I'm sure most here cannot afford the down time needed to leave the car or maybe not.....Our welder does top notch work From looking at pic's of a few headers It does not take rocket science to see by increasing the diameter of the tubes and correct firing order to produce a dramatic increase in hp and tq coming from the stock set.

LOL!!! looking for a set of stock headers and we can start getting a set together ASAP!!