Sponsored by:

for those of you that ran the euro63rs wheels in 19''

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 e55
for those of you that ran the euro63rs wheels in 19''

How were they on everyday driving(potholes)? I realize these are not forged wheels and that every wheel can bend but I just wanted to get an idea on how ''Strong'' these wheels are before I invest on good tires and tpms sensors. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 514 Likes on 431 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
I don't have the Euro63RS, but the CL63RS. And they are awesome, they can take moderate potholes, but as you know any pothole can bend a wheel no matter how stuff it is. Your speed, car weight and depth of the hole are the factors. I go out of my way to avoid those potholes, to the extent to swerving into other lanes. I'm cautious of what is in the other lane before doing this, by the way. If another car, is there then I get hard on the brakes to lessen the impact. Go to www.formymercedes.com to view these CL63RS wheels
Old 02-09-2010, 01:00 PM

04 e55
the cl63rs are the same wheels that I have, only difference is mine are gloss black. Seems that alot of people sell this wheel under different names. Glad to know that yours have held up good!
Old 02-09-2010, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 514 Likes on 431 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Although with this nasty weather that were having, it's hard to keep them clean. But I do love these wheels, especially when their clean.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:55 PM

A Prius because I'm green
Mine held up well against some pretty good hits against potholes but it finally gave out a little over a week ago. I have the thread on here talking about it and sadly I wasn't going fast either. It was just a bad angle for the wheel to absorb but the bigger issue I have had is getting it replaced. Everyone I tried so far will not break up the set so keep that in mind. I am waiting for a reply from Jerry at formymercedes to see if they can part with just one. I will say the wheel held up and I was able to drive on it still. The tire has a strong sidewall but the wheel didn't crack and fall apart so that is good!
Old 02-09-2010, 01:58 PM

04 e55
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
Mine held up well against some pretty good hits against potholes but it finally gave out a little over a week ago. I have the thread on here talking about it and sadly I wasn't going fast either. It was just a bad angle for the wheel to absorb but the bigger issue I have had is getting it replaced. Everyone I tried so far will not break up the set so keep that in mind. I am waiting for a reply from Jerry at formymercedes to see if they can part with just one. I will say the wheel held up and I was able to drive on it still. The tire has a strong sidewall but the wheel didn't crack and fall apart so that is good!
ouch sorry to hear
do you have the 19's or 20's? did you bend lip or barrel?
Old 02-09-2010, 02:05 PM

A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by Taso
ouch sorry to hear
do you have the 19's or 20's? did you bend lip or barrel?
19s and both, but not as bad as the SL wheels I had which bent the entire barrel from inner to outer edges. It bent the lip and pushed the barrel into the bolt pattern. As long as I can replace it I will keep them on, I just don't want to replace them all for 1200 again. I'll just get something else but they are nice and I do like how they look when cleaned too.

on this road

and this is what happened with my SL wheels at 1800 a piece, way over priced, but that bend went to the inner edge I was shocked

I'd say the Monarch held up just as good if not better especially for the price. Four cost lest then one SL wheel that came stock on the car.