W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Eurocharged H/E leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2010 | 11:05 AM

E55
Eurocharged H/E leak

Hi guys,

My mechanic just called me, he told me that after he put the H/E and the bumber on the car it started to leak right next to the bracket. There is a sticker saying it was already pressure tested and now it is leaking?

Now he has to take the bumper off weld it and test for leaks AGAIN, and put it all back together AGAIN.

I really don't want my cooling sytem to be ruined. I am so disappointed in Eurocharged at the moment. How can they send me a leaking heat exchanger?*
Can I run into any problems later on even though the mecano is welding where it was leaking?
Old 02-10-2010 | 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by Blowzilla
Hi guys,

My mechanic just called me, he told me that after he put the H/E and the bumber on the car it started to leak right next to the bracket. The is a sticker saying it was already pressure tested and now it is leaking?

Now he has to take the bumper off weld it and test for leaks AGAIN, and put it all back together AGAIN.

I really don't want my cooling sytem to be ruined. I am so disappointed in Eurocharged at the moment. How can they send me a leaking heat exchanger?*
Can I run into any problems later on even though the mecano is welding where it was leaking?
Why dont you have them next day air you a new one! I am sure they are good for it.
Old 02-10-2010 | 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
have you contacted eurocharged? im sure if the weld is leaking they will replace it with a new one. maybe start with a fone call
Old 02-10-2010 | 11:28 AM

'13 Dodge Dart, '16 Audi Q5
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
have you contacted eurocharged? im sure if the weld is leaking they will replace it with a new one. maybe start with a fone call

+1. Couldn't agree more.
Old 02-10-2010 | 11:45 AM

E55
I wrote this out of impulse. I did not contact Eurocharged since the mecano sent it out to get welded and pressure tested once again. I jumped the gun, but I was scared for futur problems.
I just really wanted to know If I can run into any issues later on?
Old 02-10-2010 | 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
I wrote this out of impulse. I did not contact Eurocharged since the mecano sent it out to get welded and pressure tested once again. I jumped the gun, but I was scared for futur problems.
I just really wanted to know If I can run into any issues later on?
Not if it is welded properly. It was welded in the first place so as long as it is done right this time.
Old 02-10-2010 | 11:59 AM

E55
Originally Posted by emoving
Not if it is welded properly. It was welded in the first place so as long as it is done right this time.
Awesome, thanks. I hope it is done right.
Old 02-10-2010 | 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
if you have concerns simply have the h/e sent back. dont do any work on it just return it for a new one
Old 02-10-2010 | 12:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

c63
Hi guys,

My mechanic just called me, he told me that after he put the H/E and the bumber on the car it started to leak right next to the bracket. There is a sticker saying it was already pressure tested and now it is leaking?

I apologize for the problem you are having with our Heat Exchanger we do test all of them before they go out.

If you could give me a call i will be more than happy to get everything straighten out

Greg