Sponsored by:

03 E55 Euro Command w/NAV question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 03:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E.FIDDY.FIVE AMG
03 E55 Euro Command w/NAV question

Hey members, I would appreciate some help and input on how to install a 2004 euro command system with NAV. in my 2003 E55. (I kno there are a bunch of threads but blah blah blah blah, could'nt find what i was looking for?

I know there is a whole new wire unit but what are the mods to install this and what hardware etc. will be needed?
Old 02-15-2010, 03:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
205, 211 V8 4M, B7 /RS4, e30 ///M3
everything should be there. just unplug ur command, pllug in the euro command. and then go in the trunk n look for the cable for the nav unit, i think worst comes to worst u might need the mounting bracket. but i think thats there too. soo everythign should be plug n play. u also are not gonna be able to hook up ur sat radio to it ( dunno if u have it or not)
Old 02-16-2010, 02:45 AM

E500 & ML500
Originally Posted by petep86
everything should be there. just unplug ur command, pllug in the euro command. and then go in the trunk n look for the cable for the nav unit, i think worst comes to worst u might need the mounting bracket. but i think thats there too. soo everythign should be plug n play. u also are not gonna be able to hook up ur sat radio to it ( dunno if u have it or not)
Since you have an early w211, you might be lucky to have it pre-wired for NAV. What you'll need to do is look for is the fiber cables in the b-pillar driver side, trunk, and trim plate under the rear door sill.
You'll also need the MOST cable diagram, so you'll know where to insert the NAV processor into the MOST fiber loop.

It's unfortunate that your so far away, I would've gladly helped you with the install
Old 02-17-2010, 12:23 PM

E55 AMG
http://www.mymbonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21643

I guess this thread doesn't tell how to do it but it does show that its possible.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:47 PM

E.FIDDY.FIVE AMG
Originally Posted by wampa
Since you have an early w211, you might be lucky to have it pre-wired for NAV. What you'll need to do is look for is the fiber cables in the b-pillar driver side, trunk, and trim plate under the rear door sill.
You'll also need the MOST cable diagram, so you'll know where to insert the NAV processor into the MOST fiber loop.

It's unfortunate that your so far away, I would've gladly helped you with the install

thanks for the help.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S63 AMG, E55 AMG,C Class AMG CLK55 AMG, Jeep Rubicon
I gotta believe it is possible as well..

Well I see that it works.

Obviously I need the drive and cable.

I have a newer Command unit with Navi option already.

I took to MB and they said it was way too much trouble and not worth the time or money.

I am waiting for a Navi drive to become available at a good price, but still would need the cable and a dealer that could do the coding.

Any good DIY on running the navi cable or where it is suppossed to be run?

Thanks.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 E55
Originally Posted by B on my Benz
thanks for the help.
I just did the same project on my 03 E55 last month and an ipod kit- feel free to pm me for any questions.