Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

211 SERVICE SHEET AND RELATED DOCUMENTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
211 SERVICE SHEET AND RELATED DOCUMENTS

Ok,

As some of you have seen, I have been asking a lot of DIY-related service questions lately, and, thanks to many users on this forum, many questions were answered and I did some DIY projects thanks to these posts and I plan on doing a few more myself as well (my parts to change my transmission fluid were shipped today!)

Today I decided to do a little more research regarding the full spectrum of services that needed to be performed on a regular basis to keep our vehicles in "tip-top shape." I found the Model 211 Service Sheet, which I have attached below. In the right-hand column of the document, you will see a section of related articles (all with the format of APXX.XX-P-XXXXX). Going on a hunch, I figured that these were documents containing step-by-step instructions for MB techs to follow to complete these services. This led me to STAR TekInfo, and I quickly found out that this site is subscription based. A one-day subscription costs only $18.00, so I figured "what the heck," and signed up for a day. I then found the WIS-net (part of STAR TekInfo), which confirmed my suspicions. I spent the better portion of last night and this morning searching for these articles and converting these documents to PDF files (I was able to "print" each article to a PDF file). I went down the list on the 211 AMG Service Sheet and even printed the related articles for even more instructions.

Since I own a 211.076 with the 113.990 engine and the 722.643 transmission, most of these articles are specific to my vehicle; however, I am sure the instructions are very similar for similar vehicles. In all, I have over 40 files (including some STAR bulletins and other "tid-bits" that I found.

Now, for the good part. I am willing to share my labor with the rest of you (since you all so graciously have helped me).

The dilemma I am facing is how to go about sharing these files with you. I am not sure of the legality of posting all of these documents. Next, how do I go about posting over 40 files. I do have a majority of them saved to a ZIP file; however, this website doesn't allow the attaching of a ZIP file.

Is there someone willing to host this file???

All of the files are saved in the format the document was referenced (e.g., Replace compressor poly-V-belt is AP13.22-P-1381R). If, within this document, other documents are referenced (the ones in red were the ones that pertained to my specific vehicle model), then they are saved in the format they were referenced as well [this will all make sense once you actually start looking through the files]. I even tried to include notes whenever possible.

The brake service (listed as replace brake fluid on the Service Sheet) may not be 100% complete, as there instructions for removing the brake discs, measuring the discs, replacing the brake discs, removing calipers, installing calipers, etc., and this is further divided into front and rear. If I remember correctly, I only saved articles pertaining to the front of the car, as I am sure the rear brakes are very similar to the front brakes. I also did not do some of the visual check instructions (if you can't look at your safety belts for signs of external damage then you shouldn't be attempting to work on your car...).

So, give me some input on how I should go about posting these files (I am willing to do whatever is the best for the collective good of this forum) and, if, the decision is made to post all of these documents as a ZIP file, then whoever is willing to host the file, please let me know so I can upload it. Who knows, maybe other people would be willing to download other documents and add to the 211 service instructions, as well as do this for other models...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
211 AMG SERVICE SHEET.pdf (55.3 KB, 486 views)
Old 02-16-2010, 05:39 PM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
10 speed bicycle
Best "legal" way would be to send via PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
No one is interested in this?
Old 02-21-2010, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by 06E55
No one is interested in this?
I am. Maybe you can use rapidshare? I don't know. I'm not too familiar with the public storage spaces out there on the net.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I want to stay off RapidShare if possible... And I have already found a forum member willing to host the files.

I was actually thinking about making a very low-tech website (I used to code HTML myself via notebook but that was many moons ago, before HTML editing programs were mainstream... In fact, I beta-tested Microsoft FrontPage version 1.1 [after it was bought from Vermeer] and other programs back in the day) so we are able to have a table of contents.... Does anyone know how to link PDF files together (e.g., if I am viewing one PDF file, I can link to another PDF file)?

I guess I am looking for advice on the execution of this project vs where to store the files.

MBTech1098, I really don't think it matters if it is a direct link from this site or PMs... Either way, anyone would have access to it... It's not like I would know who is actually requesting the link via PMs...
Old 02-21-2010, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Good News!!!! I have figured out how to do this directly through Adobe Acrobat Professional. Is what I will do is this; I will use the Model 211 AMG Service Sheet as the cover sheet (which will serve as the table of contents) and combine all of the separate PDF files into one large PDF package. I can then link directly to other pages from within the 211 Service Sheet and corresponding PDFs from within the document. It will take me a little time to put this together, but I think the final product will be well worth it!!! I can then even use Adobe Acrobat Professional to publish to a HTML file.

Last edited by 06E55; 02-21-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by 06E55
Good News!!!! I have figured out how to do this directly through Adobe Acrobat Professional. Is what I will do is this; I will use the Model 211 AMG Service Sheet as the cover sheet (which will serve as the table of contents) and combine all of the separate PDF files into one large PDF package. I can then link directly to other pages from within the 211 Service Sheet and corresponding PDFs from within the document. It will take me a little time to put this together, but I think the final product will be well worth it!!! I can then even use Adobe Acrobat Professional to publish to a HTML file.
I was going to suggest Acrobat Pro, so I'm glad you figured it out already. It's the Swiss Army knife of pdf file building.