W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have experience with PSE Superchargers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 & CL CK60
Anyone have experience with PSE Superchargers?

As it turns out I need to have my SC rebuilt. The bearings are eventually gonna go and I can already hear them. I have searched diligently to find a rebuilder of S/C's and finding one who SPECIALIZES in IHI/MB isnt too easy. The only one who seemed familiar so far is PSE www.psesuperchargers.com

They are located in Oklahoma. Read mixed reviews but mostly good. Spoke to the owner Ed Martinez who seems to know his stuff BUT you never can be too safe with an SC.

Has anyone here gotten theirs rebuilt by them or know ANYONE with ANY information? Thanks!
Old 02-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
The dealer offers rebuilt superchargers with exchanging for your old blower. Maybe call Whipple and see if they can stuff their goods inside your blower..What bearings are going?
Old 02-24-2010, 09:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Silver E55
have a friend with the PSE on his truck seems to run good. but this is the kit. not a rebuild. FWIW
Old 02-24-2010, 09:30 PM

CLS55 & CL CK60
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
The dealer offers rebuilt superchargers with exchanging for your old blower. Maybe call Whipple and see if they can stuff their goods inside your blower..What bearings are going?
not sure what bearings are going. when i hydro-locked my motor i got water in the S/C. this is more of a preventative measure. one thing is for sure. this S/C will come back to me better then when it left the factory no matter what it takes

anybody know how many bearings are in our S/C??
Old 02-24-2010, 09:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by beauphus
not sure what bearings are going. when i hydro-locked my motor i got water in the S/C. this is more of a preventative measure. one thing is for sure. this S/C will come back to me better then when it left the factory no matter what it takes

anybody know how many bearings are in our S/C??

There are 4 main bearing that hold the rotors. Front and back.. Water is not good, You cant compress it so something has to give. That would most likely be your bearing... I would recommend using a borescope snaked past the throttle body flap. have someone rotate your SC clutch to get the rotors to move. look got chips and metal gouges at the rotors points of contact. Much like the pictures I posting in that other Supercharger thread. That will tell you the bearings are out of whack. The tolerance is so tight. If its off, by a bad bearing the rotors will chew themselves up.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:53 PM

CLS55 & CL CK60
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
There are 4 main bearing that hold the rotors. Front and back.. Water is not good, You cant compress it so something has to give. That would most likely be your bearing... I would recommend using a borescope snaked past the throttle body flap. have someone rotate your SC clutch to get the rotors to move. look got chips and metal gouges at the rotors points of contact. Much like the pictures I posting in that other Supercharger thread. That will tell you the bearings are out of whack. The tolerance is so tight. If its off, by a bad bearing the rotors will chew themselves up.
not sure if compression is such a big deal. when water sucked into the intake i was only at a slow roll (maybe 2mph) so the S/C may not have even been running - but for sure there was no boost being produced. i am only assuming the water sitting in S/C while being rebuilt washed out the grease and made the whole S/C less efficient. this is only a guess until the S/C is completely disassembled...
Old 04-26-2011, 03:38 PM

2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1 L, 2000 GMC Sierra Classic 3500, 2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade, 1965 Buick Riv
About PSE Superchargers

I am a very difficult to deal with person, so Ed had his hands full during his business dealing with me. I bought a pickup truck with a Whipple Supercharger on it. It had problems, but had been rebuilt by Ed a year ago. This was purchased by another person. So there was no warranty. The supercharger had ingested a foreign object and had issues. Ed at PSE Superchargers fixed this at no charge. He did this even though he did not have to. This was done despite me being mean to him. I would highly recommend doing business with this man. He goes above and beyond. Good man. A little argumentative, but who is not. I thank you Ed. Sorry for being hard to deal with.

John
Evolution Custom Coach