Sponsored by:

Rear air/heater controls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 09:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Silver E55
Rear air/heater controls

Ok what can I not figure out. read the manual should be as easy as turn on AC and then hit the rear control button and I should be able to adjust the temp and speed on the rear controls. first back screen doesnt light up or show any temps. and pushing the buttons doesnt change any controls, what am I doing wrong here. any help welcome.....

Last edited by mikeevo; 02-26-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:44 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by mikeevo
Ok what can I not figure out. read the manual should be as easy as turn on AC and then hit the rear control button and I should be able to adjust the temp and speed on the rear controls. first back screen doesnt light up or show any temps. and pushing the buttons doesnt change any controls, what am I doing wrong here. any help welcome.....

I'm pretty sure the rear display is supposed to be on no matter what, so it sounds like it has a malfunction of some kind that will not be fixed by controlling it from the front. I know this doesn't help whatsoever, but it shoudl always display something.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Silver E55
Ok I fixed this myself. I was running my AUX 3.5mm cable for my Iphone to the center console and when I took out the bottom tray , I was checking the wiring just to make sure and there it was. One connector not connected. plugged it in and presto. working controls for rear unit. lucky me it was this simple and now I also have the Iphone/Ipod plug near by.