Sponsored by:

For Those interested in Kleemann K1...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Talking For Those interested in Kleemann K1...

I've recently seen a couple threads about a few members interested in a K1 upgrade for their 55k's.

After about a dozen emails back and forth with Cory @ Kleemann USA I decided I wanted to do K2 (168mm pulley, High Flow Air Filters, Headers and an ECU tune) on my 2004 E55. Unfortunately the IC pump on the beast went out and after having that replaced along with a thermostat and all the spark plugs she was back to normal. Bad thing is it dropped me out of affording the headers so we decided on doing a K1 (pulley, tune and filters) package instead. On good ol' St. Patty's day I took an hour drive down to Kleemann USA in Colorado Springs. I left at 7:45 in the morning and arrived about 8:40. Walked up to the office and Cory immediately came down and threw her on the dyno. A couple of pulls later he informed me that she was a very strong car and a great candidate to upgrade

He started working away and I went up to the office to do some work. Not even a half hour later I could hear my car on the rollers again! The sound just gave me chills and I waited patiently. He came back up and said you're all done! I've never been happier to pull my wallet out when he showed me the dynograph. I left Kleemann around 10:15 and still had my whole day ahead of me So for those interested here it is!

The car is every bit as smooth cruising as it was before. There is no blip in the tuning or a rough spot in the RPM range. It's the same gorgeous vehicle I brought them in the morning. No unwanted behavior at all. Until I mash the pedal...

The car is a monster. Completely content on eating fuel and rear tires for every meal of the day! In sport the car jumps at every opportunity to go... It doesn't have an end, nor does it want to quit. I just wants to go, and go it does I've never had more pulls from 65-140 in my life... purely because it would take too long or I was afraid of my car breaking (DSM's... what are they really worth lol). I'm very glad I didn't get a ticket and went about it as safely as possible but it was just unrealistic not to do it! I'm in love with my car, all over again! It's what I want in a mode of transportation and that's all that matters to me. It's not the fastest, nor the biggest or the sexiest, it's just the perfect car for me and puts the biggest smile on my face every time I turn her on. And yes she does return the favor.

So bottom line, I know there are plenty of my car blew up threads or he said/she said posts of what not but I did a ton of research before I decided to modify and I searched high and low on this forum, asked members and friends questions and Kleemann just seems to get pretty outstanding reviews. (And I am in no way saying anything negative about any other company) I'm very very happy with how they treated me and every time I emailed Cory I was promptly responded to in a matter of 24hrs. Needless to say I'm ecstatic and impressed.

It's a forum. A library of experiences and information shared upon all of us. So I just thought I'd share my expirience and joy with anyone who was or is interested in this upgrade for their 55k.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E.FIDDY.FIVE AMG
how much does this procedure cost??
Old 03-18-2010, 11:24 PM

E55
Congrats on the UPGRADE!!! I'm following suit on Monday with the pulley and tune. Hope I'm as happy as you are! Thanks for the graph and update!
Old 03-19-2010, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
CONGRADS!!!!!! - Glad to hear about the good experience and the new found power!!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

oh - and the car looks sick!!!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 01:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by B on my Benz
how much does this procedure cost??
B - I'll text you. Anyone else that's interested in cost just give me a PM

Originally Posted by Teflonman
Congrats on the UPGRADE!!! I'm following suit on Monday with the pulley and tune. Hope I'm as happy as you are! Thanks for the graph and update!
Best of luck to you! You'll need a surgeon to remove the smile

Originally Posted by motorkas
CONGRADS!!!!!! - Glad to hear about the good experience and the new found power!!!!
oh - and the car looks sick!!!!!
Thank you for the kind words sir Just trying to keep up with you. I want one of those steering wheels bad
Old 03-19-2010, 01:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 CLS63 AMG
Hey Tal so when do I get a ride!!??!!
Old 03-19-2010, 02:06 AM
Banned

SL55 AMG & BMW F10
So the car now putting down 466 hp and 555 ft/lbs at rear wheels?
Old 03-19-2010, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dacls63amg
Hey Tal so when do I get a ride!!??!!
J - If the weather stays decent this weekend I think we both owe each other a spin.

Originally Posted by MPRESIV
So the car now putting down 466 hp and 555 ft/lbs at rear wheels?
Yes sir!
Old 03-19-2010, 03:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
So, your car before anything, stock, was putting down 496rwtq and 431rwhp? I thought that was like the record or something for stock?
Old 03-19-2010, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I want one of those steering wheels bad
It does help to have a little more "meat" to grab onto when the back end is "wiggling". . .Something tells me that has become more of a problem for you recently.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
nice upgrade results with Kleemann
Old 03-19-2010, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
nice tal !! dynos look smooth, k1 is def a nice moderate bump in power. i am sure cory will take care of you when you do headers and get you retuned. you will be able to see the gains from Stock -> k1 -> k2
Old 03-19-2010, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55
Awsome - Congrats
Old 03-19-2010, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mikey33
So, your car before anything, stock, was putting down 496rwtq and 431rwhp? I thought that was like the record or something for stock?
That's correct. I honestly have no clue if that's a record or whatever. Cory said it laid down about 20 more hp than the previous 55k he did. I was pretty happy about that

It does help to have a little more "meat" to grab onto when the back end is "wiggling". . .Something tells me that has become more of a problem for you recently.
Certainly is. Too bad it's snowing like crazy today. I was gonna go get some new meat for the rears

Originally Posted by novae500
nice upgrade results with Kleemann
Originally Posted by kompressede
Awsome - Congrats
Thanks fellas!

Originally Posted by prodigymb
nice tal !! dynos look smooth, k1 is def a nice moderate bump in power. i am sure cory will take care of you when you do headers and get you retuned. you will be able to see the gains from Stock -> k1 -> k2
Thanks Mark! Ya I'm pretty impressed with what would be considered a mild sized pulley in this world and a tune brought to the car. Cory is confident we will see another 40 whp with the headers and I would hope I'd be happy with 500 rwhp
Old 03-19-2010, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
Originally Posted by tgoss
Thanks Mark! Ya I'm pretty impressed with what would be considered a mild sized pulley in this world and a tune brought to the car. Cory is confident we will see another 40 whp with the headers and I would hope I'd be happy with 500 rwhp
yeah Kleemann headers are nice. also the fact that they get rid of main cats also helps them make power. especially being in Colorado ....Kleemann is def the way to go. no remote tuning/support can beat good local product support
Old 03-19-2010, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
When you can, you should go back and get the K headers. I got the K2 from them when I first got my car and I love it.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:50 PM

awesome results. I sent you a pm as well. Ive talked with Cory as well and there is nothing like a great local company to deal with!
Old 03-19-2010, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by prodigymb
yeah Kleemann headers are nice. also the fact that they get rid of main cats also helps them make power. especially being in Colorado ....Kleemann is def the way to go. no remote tuning/support can beat good local product support
I agree. The fact that they are an hour away is second to none. I can't wait to get the headers done! I have read that you should jet coat them as there have been a few Kleemann headers that have cracked What do you think?

Originally Posted by jcjmw
When you can, you should go back and get the K headers. I got the K2 from them when I first got my car and I love it.
That's the plan Did you get your headers coated? And how do you like the Quaife LSD and what made you go with that and not Kleemann's? And if you live in CO I'd love to see your ride! I love the wagon

Originally Posted by 00SVTdubs
awesome results. I sent you a pm as well. Ive talked with Cory as well and there is nothing like a great local company to deal with!
PM'd you back Let me know when you want to come down!
Old 03-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Banned

SL55 AMG & BMW F10
Maybe we should do a friendly run together....just 2 pulls maybe since I haven't installed my heat exchanger, pte thermostat, cm30 pump
Old 03-19-2010, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e55
430 wheel was before mods? as in, stock?
Old 03-19-2010, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
Originally Posted by tgoss
That's the plan Did you get your headers coated? And how do you like the Quaife LSD and what made you go with that and not Kleemann's? And if you live in CO I'd love to see your ride! I love the wagon
No, did not get it coated. Wanted it too and planned to do so, but forgot to make the request when placing the order...stupid me...and did not realize my mistake until after the installer started putting the headers on the car.

I went with the quaife LSD b/c I read a lot of reviews and positive remarks on it. Wanted to go with Kleemans LSD but could not find anybody at the time that had it to give me their review.

Cory and Kleeman were great! Next time you talk to Cory, tell him I still want the XL Kleeman shirt!!!!

Good luck on your car.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AWOL
430 wheel was before mods? as in, stock?
That's correct. No mods whatsoever.

Originally Posted by jcjmw
Cory and Kleeman were great! Next time you talk to Cory, tell him I still want the XL Kleeman shirt!!!!

Good luck on your car.
I will let him know you are still looking for that Thanks man! Good luck to you and yours as well
Old 03-19-2010, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MPRESIV
Maybe we should do a friendly run together....just 2 pulls maybe since I haven't installed my heat exchanger, pte thermostat, cm30 pump
Ronnie, hopefully the weather will be decent this weekend, I can't believe there's a blizzard outside Never a hard feeling, let me know when you wanna roll
Old 03-19-2010, 07:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 E55t, 07 R63, 04 Mini R53 (SOLD):01 s4 avant st3, 06 q7
nice..... I am waiting for my set of Kleemann CAM to arrive this any day...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: For Those interested in Kleemann K1...