How to go about Vendors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 Mercedes Benz E220D/GONE!JUNK!Current GLC Coupe 350d 4 Matic
How to go about Vendors?

So last week i ordered some stuff from a Vendor here on the forums.
Before i ordered i made sure to ask a lot of questions,and not to judge anyone based on what other members have gone trough.
I decided to go with a sponsor here and order some CF stuff for my car.
I actually was looking at E-bay because it was a little cheaper,but thought to my self,why NOT leave the money with a forum Vendor.

Before i ordered i have asked numerous time,how long it will take for the items to arrive and when they will be shipped out.

That was of a huge importance to me because i need to wait for other parts and bring the car to the shop and have everything else installed at the same time(i really can not go back and forth and have piece by piece installed.

Anyways,i have asked numerous times when he will ship it,and said it's ok even if it's a week,just let me know be honest,because i need to have all this figured out.No problem shipping 3 days MAX!

I have to admit 1 package arrived,even doe it was not 3 days!but it arrived(still not right)The second package i have been chasing after him and all i get is soon,or tomorrow,or he starts telling me how he can not do 100 things at once,which pissed me off because that is so unprofessional,and absolutely not ok to blame someone else "me" in this case for him not being able to handle his business.

Anyways,after a few more e-mails and promissed from him,it just stopped all together now,as where to he is ignoring my e-mails.

I hate to file disputes with pay-pal,honestly,and if only he would be a man and be honest and say,Hey!you know what,it will be there in two weeks,i will accept it and wait 2 freakin weeks,but this is just not right.

So what would you do in this case?
Sorry had to Vent,but after spending 600$ with him i'am kind of pissed.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

btw,i saved all of his e-mails.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Takes the bus.
I HATE unprofessional vendors and suppliers.
Expose who it is!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Crescendo
I HATE unprofessional vendors and suppliers.
Expose who it is!
Just like that ha?
You know what,at this point i don't even know if it matters who it is.
Eventually they will shoot them self in the foot.
After a little research here on the forum,i have found out that he was suspended before and that he did have some issues with other members.

The Thing is when you are a seller who sells a lot,and have mostly positive feedback,it will over shadow the negative experiences that people had.And then when you talk about it,people start coming forward and put you down.That is why i chose not to expose who it is.And i won't unless a lot of interest gets created about who it is.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
man that sux - service is key - hope you get it worked out - sad how it takes 1-2 vendors to ruin the reputation of many!! I feel your pain. Post pics when you get it all installed.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by baldmike73
man that sux - service is key - hope you get it worked out - sad how it takes 1-2 vendors to ruin the reputation of many!! I feel your pain. Post pics when you get it all installed.
You know i'am in the Hospitality business,and understand the importance of good customer service.It's really sad to see how some people will lie,and make you feel like S*** for their wrong doings.When they should clearly go out of their way to make it up to you and make you happy.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:37 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Who is the vendor?
Old 03-27-2010, 04:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Coming from myself who owns and operates a retail business I would say patience my friend. All good things come to those who wait.

But then again coming from myself, who has dealt with every customer type imaginable, I would say all good things come faster to people who b**** and raise hell

The squeaky wheels gets the grease... DEMAND THE GREASE!
Old 03-27-2010, 04:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=tgoss;4004914]Coming from myself who owns and operates a retail business I would say patience my friend. All good things come to those who wait.

Really?

I never said i was not willing to wait.
I simply said that i needed to know when it will arrive here,and asked him numerous times.I just needed him to be honest and follow through with what he promised he will do.

It has nothing to do with if you are in a retail business or whole sale business.If you do not know how to run it and are dishonest and have shady tactics then there's a problem.

All it takes to make a business successful is honesty,respect,integrity.
But then again maybe i expect too much?
Old 03-27-2010, 04:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

this is the latest e-mail i got from him.

QUOTE:

what's the problem? tell you what, it's been shipped yesterday, but i won't get the tracking until monday because it's saturday here, dont' worry, you will get it early next week.

Did he really say "WHAT'S THE PROBLEM TO ME"???
Old 03-27-2010, 04:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wow,it never ends.
I just read some old e-mails.
He absolute re-assured me that he had the BEST price then anyone else on CF diffusers.Now i find out that some other Vendors are selling it for about 100 ++$ cheaper!Wow!Amazing....so disappointed.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
Sorry about your situation. I can almost bet the vendor was probably selling items he did not have in his possession. I have been running an online business for about 8 years and have been in that situation before; the first thing I do is tell my customers up front what is going on and if they would like a refund or to wait for the item with an exact deadline and tracking information for reassurance. If he is getting you a diffuser it is either coming from Taiwan or China and that can take anywhere from 1-4 weeks because the only other option besides express is standard mail plus customs time for inspection. I would ask the vendor if this is the situation and get a refund and order from someone else who has it in stock. Hope I helped.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mikey33
Sorry about your situation. I can almost bet the vendor was probably selling items he did not have in his possession. I have been running an online business for about 8 years and have been in that situation before; the first thing I do is tell my customers up front what is going on and if they would like a refund or to wait for the item with an exact deadline and tracking information for reassurance. If he is getting you a diffuser it is either coming from Taiwan or China and that can take anywhere from 1-4 weeks because the only other option besides express is standard mail plus customs time for inspection. I would ask the vendor if this is the situation and get a refund and order from someone else who has it in stock. Hope I helped.

Funny you mention that...

When i was on e-bay looking around for a CF diffuser,i asked one of the sellers how long it will take for me to have the Diffuser in my posession?
He replied that he did not have it in stock,and that he will have them in a about 3-4 days and then he could immediately ship.Now that is what i call honest.Should have given him my business,but no,i decided to go with a forum sponsor.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just tell the seller you want a refund in the next 24-hours or you will file a claim with PayPal. If he is a good sponsor he will refund you and say sorry.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mikey33
Just tell the seller you want a refund in the next 24-hours or you will file a claim with PayPal. If he is a good sponsor he will refund you and say sorry.
Well,he sent that last e-mail tonight around 10.30 pm.Saying whats seems to be my problem,that he sent it out and the tracking number won't work till monday.What a bunch of BS!!!
He says that it's like 12hrs difference where he is,that's why he does not reply to my e-mails but i see him being active on the net.Also if he shipped it out,why would the tracking number not work????It's because they use that old *** scam routine where they ELECTRONICALLY submit the tracking info but don't send the package till God knows when.And also if he is located in taiwan or where ever he claims to be,how did he ship it out today VIA USPS services....Shady!
Old 03-27-2010, 05:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Is he in the U.S. or in Taiwan? If Taiwan you must use the express tracking information at the Taiwanese postal website until it reaches the customs in the U.S. and then you can use usps. Either way, I think he is probably giving you the run around.

This is what I say to that vendor
Old 03-27-2010, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i don't know where he is,i have heard that he is in san diego.It's funny because when you pay him he asks that you pay via pay-pal under cash owed,services.Maybe so that he doesn't need to provide a Tracking number in the case of dispute.Now he says he will give me the tracking number on Sunday!?????I have also asked him about his BEST PRICE GUARANTEE,i'm yet to get an answer on that.He is selling it for $400 when other vendors i found out are selling it for 285.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:59 PM

Takes the bus.
The vendor must be JBSPEED.
I recall him advertising those diffusers for $400, lol. The same ones a bunch of vendors sell. These diffusers cost $145 to buy from Asia, I could import them through my company right now and sell them at cost haha.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Crescendo
The vendor must be JBSPEED.
I recall him advertising those diffusers for $400, lol. The same ones a bunch of vendors sell. These diffusers cost $145 to buy from Asia, I could import them through my company right now and sell them at cost haha.

I want to see what the outcome will be,and then post who he is.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
e55 w/LET TUNE Drinks: vodka STRAIGHT Wheels: 19" HRE 547r Mods:FF headers ASP Pulley
i dont trust vendors who dont post prices
Old 04-05-2010, 06:29 PM

09 E320 Bluetec
update?
Old 04-05-2010, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sunny_j
update?
Item arrived.
It was shipped international express,so beasically when he was telling me prior to me ordering that he will ship it in three days and when he provided me with a tracking number after a week it was all BS.
The Lip fit perfect and looks great.But is the same one that other sponsors are selling for 140$ less.

The Funny thing is the guy was pushing me to buy it,he would say things like "are you ready to order"and ready to buy?" he was good with following up but when it came down to actually delivering the product it was a nightmare.
On top of that he would ***** me out in the e-mails.

I have ordered many other items for my car since,but none from him.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E.FIDDY.FIVE AMG
Originally Posted by BelaMeca
Item arrived.
It was shipped international express,so beasically when he was telling me prior to me ordering that he will ship it in three days and when he provided me with a tracking number after a week it was all BS.
The Lip fit perfect and looks great.But is the same one that other sponsors are selling for 140$ less.

The Funny thing is the guy was pushing me to buy it,he would say things like "are you ready to order"and ready to buy?" he was good with following up but when it came down to actually delivering the product it was a nightmare.

hah this had to be JBSPEED. he always forced me to buy things too. im glad someone esp. you reported this to let everyone kno.

Is prices are high too
Old 04-05-2010, 09:32 PM

E.FIDDY.FIVE AMG
Originally Posted by BelaMeca
Item arrived.

hah this had to be JBSPEED. he always forced me to buy things too. im glad someone esp. you reported this to let everyone kno.

his prices are high too
Old 04-05-2010, 09:40 PM

2019 s560 sedan
Euroteck diffuser was like that . They kept posting any day now and it took a few months BUT it was well worth it . U cant pay enough for perfection !!!!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to go about Vendors?