W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Sacramento Raceway TNT & Bracket racing???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2010 | 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Sacramento Raceway TNT & Bracket racing???

Alright guys this I have a Sneakyneon coming down on the weekend of May 22nd and Sac has a TNT on Friday from 10-6 and a open track event on Saturday. The plan will be to meet up on Friday and TNT and stay the night in my motorhome and bracket race on Saturday. My motorhome is big enough to accommodate 6 adults with no problem. We could BBQ, knock a few back, and shoot the *****.

Who's down? I know we always have trouble getting people out here but with all the talk about how fast Sac is I thought this would be a great opportunity to see how your car compares. Everyone is invited which includes all the M3's. 335's, and of course all MB's. Friday night should be a very good night in May to break some records but weather in DA will dictate that. Either way it will be a blast to hang out and represent the European beasts.

If I get anything under a 1000 DA with 40% or less humidity I'm feeling confident that I'll break my PB.

Here are some of the guys I'm hoping will participate. Juicee, Chiromikey, Cruiznquick, Mikesamg, Hammer Down, Calill55, Greek E500, and RAR Financial. Saturday is a 100% but Friday is still tentative.

1, bassn_07
Old 04-07-2010 | 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Alright guys this I have a Sneakyneon coming down on the weekend of May 22nd and Sac has a TNT on Friday from 10-6 and a open track event on Saturday. The plan will be to meet up on Friday and TNT and stay the night in my motorhome and bracket race on Saturday. My motorhome is big enough to accommodate 6 adults with no problem. We could BBQ, knock a few back, and shoot the *****.

Who's down? I know we always have trouble getting people out here but with all the talk about how fast Sac is I thought this would be a great opportunity to see how your car compares. Everyone is invited which includes all the M3's. 335's, and of course all MB's. Friday night should be a very good night in May to break some records but weather in DA will dictate that. Either way it will be a blast to hang out and represent the European beasts.

If I get anything under a 1000 DA with 40% or less humidity I'm feeling confident that I'll break my PB.

Here are some of the guys I'm hoping will participate. Juicee, Chiromikey, Cruiznquick, Mikesamg, Hammer Down, Calill55, Greek E500, and RAR Financial. Saturday is a 100% but Friday is still tentative.

1, bassn_07
And it starts......
Old 04-07-2010 | 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
And it starts......

Damn Mo, I forgot your name buddy..... Here let me help you out! This is one you'll have to attend and race, no excuses. Is there anyone else I forgot Mo?? If so please shout out their name and get them to attend. I'm telling ya, it will be a blast and the best thing about it is after racing on Friday we don't even have to leave the track.

Oh yeah, I also would like to add on TheRicker, Drew, Sticky and Warren from the BMW side. They had their fun with our fellow MB guy running the 60-130 but now it's time to get it done down the 1320' .

1. bassn_07
2. MB_Forever

Last edited by bassn_07; 04-07-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-07-2010 | 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Damn Mo, I forgot your name buddy..... Here let me help you out! This is one you'll have to attend and race, no excuses. Is there anyone else I forgot Mo?? If so please shout out their name and get them to attend. I'm telling ya, it will be a blast and the best thing about it is after racing on Friday we don't even have to leave the track.

Oh yeah, I also would like to add on TheRicker, Drew, Sticky and Warren from the BMW side. They had their fun with our fellow MB guy running the 60-130 but now it's time to get it done down the 1320' .

1. bassn_07
2. MB_Forever
I was about to say you forgot our BMW guys... the 3 warriors: Sticky, Drew, and Warren. It's always fun to see them battle it out.

How about Sun, Serge, Kory, Jeff (budoboy), Joe (jdeastbay), hooleyboy, JakPro1, and of course, the legendary.... S A L
Old 04-07-2010 | 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55
Hey Alan, I'm still waiting on some new pulleys so there is a chance I won't make it. I'll play it by ear for now. Good luck and hope you figure out why you were back into the 11's if you haven't already found the problem.
Old 04-07-2010 | 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by cahiil55k
Hey Alan, I'm still waiting on some new pulleys so there is a chance I won't make it. I'll play it by ear for now. Good luck and hope you figure out why you were back into the 11's if you haven't already found the problem.
Problem found and getting fixed . It will be running much stronger then before, at least I'm hoping .

I ran a 11.07 but this was without my drag setup and only ran 2 passes with the 2nd one hot lapping...which was a 11.078. I was only 3 tenths off my PB and with my drag radials and a proper cool down I'm sure I would have done better, much better. Time will tell.

Last edited by bassn_07; 04-07-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-07-2010 | 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Drew -Drew's car is a beast now
S A L-Dude!
I will have to check on our dates because Tre's graduation is the weekend after that and I know we are planning a 18th birthday/graduation party. I think our cars are perfect for bracket racing!

Last edited by Hammer Down; 04-07-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-07-2010 | 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55
Problem found and getting fixed . It will be running much stronger then before, at least I'm hoping .

I ran a 11.07 but this was without my drag setup and only ran 2 passes with the 2nd one hot lapping...which was a 11.078. I was only 3 tenths off my PB and with my drag radials and a proper cool down I'm sure I would have done better, much better. Time will tell.
11.07 without drag setup is incredible. If you were on street tires, I have to wonder if thats a record. Good to hear the problem is getting fixed. God forbid you stay in the slow 11.0x's for too long I'll respond to this thread if my car is healthy enough to run in May or I might just spectate.
Old 04-07-2010 | 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by cahiil55k
11.07 without drag setup is incredible. If you were on street tires, I have to wonder if thats a record. Good to hear the problem is getting fixed. God forbid you stay in the slow 11.0x's for too long I'll respond to this thread if my car is healthy enough to run in May or I might just spectate.
No no, I used Hammer Down's 17" DR's for that pass...I wish street tires. Yeah 11.0x is feeling slow but not too bad considering my IAT's went over 145+...damn pump. Easy fix and I'll be out ther doing it again next month with my buddies.

Hopefully you'll get your pulley issue resolved and get out there. Out of curiosity what's the biggest hold up on the different pulley?
Old 04-07-2010 | 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
as much as i'd love to attend this, i'm already booked in vegas the 19th through the 23rd. i'll be there in spirit!
Old 04-07-2010 | 09:08 PM

A Prius because I'm green
Too far of a drive for me, sorry!
Old 04-07-2010 | 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55
No no, I used Hammer Down's 17" DR's for that pass...I wish street tires. Yeah 11.0x is feeling slow but not too bad considering my IAT's went over 145+...damn pump. Easy fix and I'll be out ther doing it again next month with my buddies.

Hopefully you'll get your pulley issue resolved and get out there. Out of curiosity what's the biggest hold up on the different pulley?
The holdup is mostly finances and scheduling to have the car in the shop. It's tax time and the feds are raping me.
Old 04-07-2010 | 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030

1, bassn_07

Im in and I will defeat all comers.
I expect a small challenge from some of those listed.

Remember in a bracket race your HP cannot save you........

Juicee63 NHRA #k760
Old 04-07-2010 | 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo

1, bassn_07
You know I'm rollin up their bud, but no sleepovers for me Sat..Sat..Sat..Which 1 will it be the 17th hmm the 24th hmm
Old 04-07-2010 | 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by juicee63

Juicee63 NHRA #k760
This is the best you could come up with? Come on Josh I was hoping for much more in the shiit talking...jk.

bassn_07 NHRA #1077...lol

Originally Posted by Thericker
You know I'm rollin up their bud, but no sleepovers for me Sat..Sat..Sat..Which 1 will it be the 17th hmm the 24th hmm
The 17th is no good for me due to upcoming commitment but the 24th might work. Like I said, Drew was thinking of coming down this weekend and this time you'll be running where your car shines.
Old 04-08-2010 | 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
This is the best you could come up with? Come on Josh I was hoping for much more in the shiit talking...jk.

bassn_07 NHRA #1077...lol

The 17th is no good for me due to upcoming commitment but the 24th might work. Like I said, Drew was thinking of coming down this weekend and this time you'll be running where your car shines.
I hear ya, we'll try for 24th or following Sat... (Picking up SL65 turbos on the 17th) I got a serious itch for Sac!!! Ima battle Juicey for 1st to break into 11.9x But didn't he total the 63?
Old 04-08-2010 | 02:15 AM

Bicycle
This is going to be a good time!! I cant wait to meet ya all.
Old 04-08-2010 | 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
I wanna make it clear. I drive down 700miles each way and I am coming to throw down. It's gonna all business!! I am coming to kick A and take names!

Okay, actually it will be me swearing and shaking my head at how I could have spent so much money over the years for my car to run high 11's, but if you could all pretend that I am breaking track records, I would really appreciate it!

I'll see what I can do bout coming down. Wife kinda giving me the evil eye about making another run for the coast. Looks like it's shopping time to smooth things over.
Old 04-08-2010 | 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
I wanna make it clear. I drive down 700miles each way and I am coming to throw down. It's gonna all business!! I am coming to kick A and take names!

Okay, actually it will be me swearing and shaking my head at how I could have spent so much money over the years for my car to run high 11's, but if you could all pretend that I am breaking track records, I would really appreciate it!

I'll see what I can do bout coming down. Wife kinda giving me the evil eye about making another run for the coast. Looks like it's shopping time to smooth things over.
LOL

I will try and make it to this one too
Old 04-08-2010 | 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
as much as i'd love to attend this, i'm already booked in vegas the 19th through the 23rd. i'll be there in spirit!

Oh man, if you made this trip Jim that would be legendary !!! I hope you kick my a$$ because in all honesty you deserve it. I believe you have the LET torque converter, right? I'm really curious to see what that thing could do.

If it makes you feel any better my buddy Sneakyneon is traveling just as far . I could try talking with Sacramento to see if they could make it a 8 hour tnt on Friday.

You're not going to be running high 11's, no way in hell. You just need to stop running in that 4,000-5,000 elevation and get your butt down to sea level. We'll do everything we could to get your car into the 10's...really, we will. Hope to see ya Jim!!!!
Old 04-08-2010 | 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport

YES...... The King Is Coming

Lets get something straight here.... when you took me for a ride in your car, I almost wet my pants seeing your car go sideways at 65 mph when you punched it !!!!! I can tell you now that it did not feel like a high 11 second car, it felt more like a 10 second car. I was freakin holding on with my life when you did those short bursts of high speed runs Aahhhh.... great times....

Oh and by the way, we need you to make it to Famoso this November brother because this time around, the program has been edited for special handling So make sure you save at least one life-line to attend Famoso
Old 04-08-2010 | 04:07 PM

SL55 AMG

Who's down?
Between the pit stops my car is going to make between shops starting next week its going to come very very close.

I guess the real question I will have to ask myself is NOT if my car will be ready by then BUT................AM I READY FOR SACRAMENTO/

A recap of what happend last time I was there.........

And it starts......
Mo! What's up bro. Here comes, from what I hear, another record breaking season for MB's and probably one the most competitive season yet.

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
I will have to check on our dates because Tre's graduation is the weekend after that and I know we are planning a 18th birthday/graduation party. I think our cars are perfect for bracket racing!
Hammer, I'm thinking of coming down just to get some tips from you on your mini car detail post track day.

Track day= and then
Vegas = and then

Tough call Cant wait to see that beast of your down the 1320 again

Originally Posted by Mikesamg
Too far of a drive for me, sorry!

Originally Posted by juicee63
Juicee63 NHRA #k760
Glad your making Josh since you will be the entertainment

Originally Posted by Thericker
No Sleepovers

Damn Sean now that you are going I really have no excuse, thanks a lot buddy.

I wanna make it clear. I drive down 700miles each way and I am coming to throw down.
and I thought Sacramento was far for me LOL. Now I really can't complain to Alan anymore about the drive

Glad your making it, more of a reason to go
Old 04-08-2010 | 04:27 PM
Esh

E55
Tell her to skip Park City and that the shopping is better in Cali. Drop her off at a Sac-town mall with a few bills and let her go to town.

Or better yet (and probably cheaper), set up a spa day for her while you race. Not only will it get her off your back, she'll actually thank you for it and ask when the next race in Sac-town is.
Old 04-08-2010 | 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
wow, this turnout really makes me wish i could go. i'm ready to take a bite out of alan...even with all the mods he'll be adding between now and race day!
Old 04-08-2010 | 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
wow, this turnout really makes me wish i could go. i'm ready to take a bite out of alan...even with all the mods he'll be adding between now and race day!

I do not think any mods can help him. In a bracket race he will be brought back down and even the slowest of cars have the opportunity to capture the 2010 Sacramento Raceway championships.

Different game altogether , and those 1/2 second lights may be the end of the current king of Excelsior way

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sacramento Raceway TNT & Bracket racing???