Supercharger rebuild. Anyone done it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Supercharger rebuild. Anyone done it?

Curious as many are getting up in miles, has anyone had this done? Symptoms, Cost, DIY, etc.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 & CL CK60
Originally Posted by pearlpower
Curious as many are getting up in miles, has anyone had this done? Symptoms, Cost, DIY, etc.
mine was just completed. i had it rebuilt because once i shut off my engine i could hear a residual sound coming from my SC for approx 3 seconds. bearings were shot internally. sent it to PSE in oklahoma. i believe he told me there are 6 bearings inside our SC. i highly doubt its a DIY to rebuild the internals due to the adhesive holding the SC together and what it takes to re-shim and align the gears/bearings inside. the cost was approx $1800. the SC sounds great now. i was told they replaced all the bearings with shielded bearings with higher speed ratings and use a special grease (viperlube?). they will also do porting and polishing work for extra money. took 2 months for the job to be completed which they said is longer then normal. just make sure wherever u send ur SC that you package it with so much padding and wrap it so well with bubble wrap that its indestructible.