Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Netstar 'sticker'

As promised, here's the sticker showing the COMAND pre-wiring
Old 04-01-2003, 09:58 AM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
C63S past: E90 M3 6M, w211 E55
build date?

looking good kaneman!

i was wondering which decade of april your build date is? are you getting one of the first ones at the dealership, or is there a shipment before you?

Summer's just around the corner! If you're close to MI, you should go to the dream cruise with the E. I'll be there
Old 04-01-2003, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That looks promising. Has your sales rep tried to add the Nav as an option recently? I have a call in to mine to see if he can add it now. I seem to remember a post or two indicating that MBUSA was going to let dealers know the status of the Nav after the first of April -- maybe it will be orderable now. I'm hoping to add it to my 3rd decade of June build (which seems like an eternity).
Old 04-01-2003, 01:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't add the NAV as an actual option yet (he checks Netstar at least once a day) but it's no small comfort that at least the car will have pre-wiring. My build date is the third decade in May, so I should be seeing the car in late June. It's the first allocation my dealer will have, they apparently didn't get one of the early allocations. I'm fine with that as hopefully by the end of April (when I have to lock the order in) the NAV will be a valid option. I also found out that my car will be one of two Melanite Black E55s in the whole *world* (according to the current orders) so at least I know I won't see myself coming and going!
Old 04-02-2003, 05:18 PM

I hate to report this and who know what the actual facts are these days, but I called MBUSA customer assistance today (because my dealer said Nav still not available) and the woman I spoke to -- who clearly was very sick of hearing about the Nav issue -- said the following:

First, the "April announcement" we have heard about is an accouncement for people who got pre-January 1, 2003 prewiring regarding retrofit. She said that they keep pushing back the announcment because they are doing testing.

Second, for post-January 1, 2003, no E class vehicles will be prewired (not even the E55, she says). After talking to her supervisor, she also reported that they were "aware" that prewiring code was still on Netstar, but that it was there in error, and that no vehicles will be prewired. Either they will be factory equipped with Nav or not.

Second, regarding timing of the Nav, she said that they still have received no further information. They do not know when Nav will be available factory installed, and that the "techs" are advising that if it is really important to you, you should select a different vehicle that has the Nav now. She speculated that it may be available for 2004 MY but likely not for any of the 2003s and, again, if it was important, to wait for a 2004 to see if it becomes available or to get a different vehicle with Nav.

Maybe the status will change again; maybe we'll be able to order Nav before our cars are built. But I'm not holding out much hope now. Of course, its just one customer service rep who clearly was trying to do her best with minimal information from the factory (but was tired of the issue). I guess we'll see.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:25 AM

All of the above
Hi Guys,

I know the "non-availablity" of Nav is a big issue for many people.
And certainly a dissapointment to those of us who sells these cars. I have lost more than one sale due to the lack of Nav in the W211 car.

At this point I have no info from MB on when it will be available on the W211. Those who have ordered E55s with me have accepted that as of now they will not have the option to add COMAND.

I concur with the info that prior 01/01/03 all W211s were pre-wired for COMAND. After the first, NO W211s are being wired for or offered with COMAND "untill further notice".
As of today we have not recieved that notice.

I will update you as I get more info.