W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Need Quaife LSD Installed - East Coast + Installation Cost

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2010 | 11:54 PM
Banned

C63AMG
Need Quaife LSD Installed - East Coast + Installation Cost

I think I've lined up a E55 AMG and the firs thing I want to do is get the Quaife LSD installed. With that said, I had a few questions and concerns and was hoping you guys would cover the material. I did some light search but wasn't to conclude the answers.

1. Is there only one type of Quaife LSD for a 2005 W211 E55 AMG? I mean as in, are there any revisions from the company, like version 1, then upgraded version (Better) etc...?

2. Upon arrival of the item, is that all the shop needs to do the work? Do I need to order any extra material that's needed for this job? Do most vendors send just the diff and the needed material to complete the job?

3. Who do I get this done. I really like to try indy shop, as I'm sure the dealer wants to charge an arm and leg and they don't really care for customers. Shop names, numbers, etc.. welcomed. (Northern Virginia).

4. How much is fair price for this job? How long does it take? What's a fair billable rate?

5. While getting this done, can I be doing anything else for the car. As in, should I consider getting other mods in the differential area. Oil change etc...