Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Call Chrysler Warrant no for Mercedes Benz's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, C32, ML320
What day did you speak to Michael? Scott in post 71 above also spoke to him last week and Michael seems to have pretty clearly indicated that they're not writing MB/AMG warranties.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL 500
Try Millennium Automotive Plan. I have had this for over 2 yrs on my SL. they have replaced the PSE pump, ABC issues. By far one of the better aftermarket warranty companies out there. They have $0 to 500 deductible options available. note, get the platinum protection plan, covers everything. trust me, w/ AMG, it will be worth it.

Good luck.

http://www.themillenniumclub.net/pro...otection-plan/
Old 05-31-2010, 11:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S63 AMG, E55 AMG,C Class AMG CLK55 AMG, Jeep Rubicon
They are not writing them

After seeing these threads I went and purchased one at Michaels website.
Paid $4k for the best warranty they had and processed the credit card.

Within 20 minutes I received and email saying it was void and the transaction was canceled.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:51 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by djamer
Try Millennium Automotive Plan. I have had this for over 2 yrs on my SL. they have replaced the PSE pump, ABC issues. By far one of the better aftermarket warranty companies out there. They have $0 to 500 deductible options available. note, get the platinum protection plan, covers everything. trust me, w/ AMG, it will be worth it.

Good luck.

http://www.themillenniumclub.net/pro...otection-plan/

Can you buy this direct form them? I didn't see anywhere to get a quote.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
This thread is full of mixed messages and contridiction three or four people will post that Chrysler Service Contracts are not available and than one person will say he just got one...

so either the CSC is available still for newer models w/ low miles and not on older models w/higher miles (regardless of AMG or not apparently) or soemthing is going on here??
Old 06-01-2010, 01:47 PM

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by TheVazha
Ben it sounds like there is light at the end of the tunnel. Will you post any contact info you have to obtain this warranty?
I just went to their website and called them. I will have to go through my email to get the name of the actual person that I contacted.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:04 PM

E55, C32, ML320
Originally Posted by Sunir
This thread is full of mixed messages and contridiction three or four people will post that Chrysler Service Contracts are not available and than one person will say he just got one...

so either the CSC is available still for newer models w/ low miles and not on older models w/higher miles (regardless of AMG or not apparently) or soemthing is going on here??
It doesn't look good. The Chrysler website now says not available, Michael Case's website says no more, a transaction made via his website is reversed, numerous people who spoke to Case indicate he is saying the same thing both his and Chrysler's web site say. So it doesn't sound like a viable option anymore. To remove all doubt though, I'd say give them a call and see for yourself. I will when I am ready to purchase one...
Old 06-01-2010, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by blando
It doesn't look good. The Chrysler website now says not available, Michael Case's website says no more, a transaction made via his website is reversed, numerous people who spoke to Case indicate he is saying the same thing both his and Chrysler's web site say. So it doesn't sound like a viable option anymore. To remove all doubt though, I'd say give them a call and see for yourself. I will when I am ready to purchase one...
I already have a max care CSC...paid for a while ago. I've had one on my prior SL500 and my current SL55 AMG ...I just posted because it seems like mixed info which would confuse those who were looking for the CSC now.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jkintegra
After seeing these threads I went and purchased one at Michaels website.
Paid $4k for the best warranty they had and processed the credit card.

Within 20 minutes I received and email saying it was void and the transaction was canceled.

I recieved the same reply from Mr Case when trying to purchase a warranty for my wifes ML 350. I picked up the CSC for my e55 last year and was hoping to get some coverage for the wife's truck. Oh well, it's on to the next one...
Old 06-01-2010, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Chrysler warranty is no longer offered for Mercedes-Benz vehicles. All contracts that were completed prior to May 20th of 2010 will be honored, but anything after that date will be canceled. This is stated on Chrysler's website, Michael's website, and confirmed by phone.

Now that Chrysler is not offering warranty coverage for our cars, what other decent warranty companies would you guys recommend?
Old 06-02-2010, 05:19 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by BenJ
I'm with "Direct Buy Warranty" and so far they have been great. They only have a $50 deductible if you pay in payments and if you pay in full there is no deductible. They also have no cap on warranty payout so if you have a big bill you will be covered and I'm not positive on their approved labor rates, but I can confirm personally that they covered all of the labor from my independent Mercedes shop that is somewhere around $100/hr.

A bit on my personal experience with Direct Buy Warranty:

I purchased my maximum care plan through them on the 23rd of last month (April), mainly because like others, I had heard that the Chrysler warranty was no longer viable. In hindsight, back then it was still available but I didn't do my own research and this cost me a Chrysler warranty...lesson learned. Direct Buy Warranty has a 30 day waiting period and a 50 mile driving requirement before your warranty is valid, basically to ensure against any pre-warranty conditions. They also cover the supercharger and airmatic on the E55 as well as the turbos on the 600's and 65's, which is a big plus as a lot of aftermarket warranties will exclude these items.

On the 24th of this month, literally the day my warranty was validated, my car started making squeaks in the front suspension and I thought "great, surely the warranty company is going to deny my claim because I'm using my warranty the day it is valid". After debating on whether or not I should make the warranty claim or not, I decided what the heck, I'm in the right, so if needed I would explain to them the deal and hopefully they would agree.

I turn my keys over to the mechanics at Carlsbad Exclusive Auto in Carlsbad, CA (they have worked on all of my amg's in the past and do absolutely excellent work), and anxiously await their phone call for not only what the issue with the front suspension, but whether or not the problem would be covered by warranty. About 2 hours later I get a call from Liz at the shop and she informs me that the issue is my front passenger bushings, totaling about $700 parts and labor and that my warranty covered it.

In short, Direct Buy Warranty held up their end of the bargain and paid for all of the repairs and so far I'm completely satisfied with them. I purchased their 3 year, unlimited mileage plan and if I recall correctly it was ~$2600 otd.
Just finished speaking to them, sounds like great value. 5yr/130k miles for something like $3200. No inspection, only a 30 day waiting period. They will cover labor up to $140/hr. Anyone else have experience with this company?
Old 06-03-2010, 12:40 PM

Guys, hate to ADD to the confusion, but I JUST spoke with chrysler service contracts (www.servicecontracts.chrysler.com) and they confirmed no knowledge of these rumors. Feel free to call them.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:04 PM

2004 E55, 2006 M45
Originally Posted by MrKool
Guys, hate to ADD to the confusion, but I JUST spoke with chrysler service contracts (www.servicecontracts.chrysler.com) and they confirmed no knowledge of these rumors. Feel free to call them.

I just called them for my 2004 E55 which I just acquired. They ran my VIN and said they couldn't do it.

Easycare is $5600 for 3 years/36K
Prizm is $5800 for 4 years/48K, $4800 for 3 years/36K

OUCH.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His wife crazy
I saw the writing on the wall after the first price increase, and all of the people posting on here about their big $$ claims, even though my car had 6 months of CPO left, I pulled the trigger on this in February. I've had the ball joints and a tranny leak fixed, but that was all CPO and I have not had to make a claim with Chrysler yet.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:55 PM

2005 SL500 BLK/Charcoal Sport, Porsche 2013 Turbo Cayenne
I wish I had your foresight and done the same. I get a headache trying to read all the helpful info here. I feel like I have to start all over with the research.
CPO warranty up in July. 2005 SL500 with only 13,000 miles.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:33 PM

E55, 911 Carrera, CLK350 Cab, Expedition - kid mover & huntin' truck
I just got a quote from Direct Buy $2600 for 4 years / 100K mile and no deductible for their "Platinum Elite" warranty ('06 E55 w/ 37K miles).

This sounds like a great deal - but I'm skeptical about how solid the company is. Seeing that their US office is at 402 Main St. in Metuchen, NJ is not reassuring....I know that area and while a nice town that's not quite what I'd expect for a corp. HQ of a substantial company....more like office space for a one horse law firm just starting out. Global HQ in Cyprus isn't quite reassuring either.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:45 PM

I am trying to do some research on Direct Buy but I see a lot of complaints. This is one site: http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...y-c126835.html
Old 06-03-2010, 08:06 PM

E55, 911 Carrera, CLK350 Cab, Expedition - kid mover & huntin' truck
Originally Posted by AfterlifeBand
I am trying to do some research on Direct Buy but I see a lot of complaints. This is one site: http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...y-c126835.html
I saw that and it did not look good. Then I read their contract terms and it does look to me like they have a convenient "out" to deny a claim and limit their liability to $1,500 / contract:

A. If a dispute arises from or relates to this Agreement or its breach, and if the dispute cannot be settled through direct discussions, the parties agree to try first to settle the dispute by mediation administered by the American Arbitration Association Commercial Mediation Rules. If they are unable to do so, they agree to submit all disputes that are not resolved to arbitration before the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules. If the parties agree, the mediator involved in the parties’ mediation can serve as the arbitrator. Any award of the arbitrator against DBW cannot exceed $1500 per contract term or aggregate. You expressly waive all claims in excess of, and agree that its recovery shall not exceed, these amounts. Any such award shall be in satisfaction of all claims by You against DBW.
A little lop-sided if you ask me. I don't think I'll be sending DBW any of my $$s.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Not to add anymore confusion to the situation. After voiding my CSC transaction for my wifes Ml350, Mike Case did say that the ford warranty that he sells does offer coverage for Mercedes as well. It's roughly about the same price as the Chrysler Service Contract and at least it's FORD and not some random 3rd party warranty company
Old 06-03-2010, 11:00 PM

Hmmm. And I just did a bunch of reading about EASY CARE warranty which seems to have a good rep. My local Mercedes dealer gave me a price of $4383 for only 2 years! Then someone posted that the prices went up May 1st. I don't remember if the quote I got was before or after May 1st.

I went to another dealer and they sell the Mercedes CPO warranty and that was $4939 for 2 years !!
Old 06-03-2010, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by hollandca12
Not to add anymore confusion to the situation. After voiding my CSC transaction for my wifes Ml350, Mike Case did say that the ford warranty that he sells does offer coverage for Mercedes as well. It's roughly about the same price as the Chrysler Service Contract and at least it's FORD and not some random 3rd party warranty company
I'm not sure the Ford warranty will be as good as the Chrysler one. Chrysler warranty service and claim submission/approval was very effortless and smooth
Old 06-04-2010, 06:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
I am interested in FACTS about aftermarket warranties now that Chrysler isn't offering them for MBZ any longer.

I will be in the market for an 08-09 E63 soon and absolutely want the extended warranty as far extended as possible, cost be damned.

From what you guys are saying, it sounds like the MBZ factory extended warranty will be the way to go?
Old 06-04-2010, 09:47 AM

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon (Sold) 2023 AMG GT634S
And this is why I went with the MBZ warranty.

If you do it early - it's less expensive. I bought it in year one and it was about 20% more than the Chrysler warranty at the time.

I do not anticipate having these issues.

Oh - and the quickie search about Direct Buy Warranty shows they seem "slightly" better than the warranties they exposed in Car and Driver.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:47 PM

2006 E55 Designo 1991 190E 2.3 2000 BMW 740i 1987 PORSHCE 928S4
Unhappy

I just off the phone with Todd Ronnin at Chrysler Extended warranty they still offer the coverage but it will cost this much. I'm not sure if this is worth the investment.
5YR / 100,000 MILE OR 4YR / UNLIMITED MILES.
$100 DEDUCTABLE COST $5285
$200 DEDUCTABLE COST $4635

I also spoke to Michael Case at Ziegler auto group he no longer offers this warranty.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:36 PM

e55 amg
its worth is your bill when you go into the dealer will be around 3-4 everytime kinda... lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Call Chrysler Warrant no for Mercedes Benz's